Ross Lyon: Will He Coach Again?

Who will be the third team to be coached by Ross Lyon?

• GWS

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Ross Lyon will stay in the media

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Noth Melbourne

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Geelong

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still got them to the same point. A Grand Final loss.
Not saying Ross should coach again but trying to compare his grand final appearances to Cameron’s is a strange a argument he got as close as you can get with out actually winning it if st kilda kicked strait against Geelong they would have won and was literally one unlucky bounce away from winning against Collingwood even the freo one they were in the game comparing that to the gws game were they got flogged you could also argue gws has a much better list then Ross ever had did you actually watch any off the grand finals Ross coached?

Once we lost I didn’t care about the score.

Getting someone, who also hasn’t won, but also can’t build a list, to replace Leon is not a move I would make.

We either need a proven winner or a new coach with a lot of upside.
You’re list is already built you don’t need someone who can build a list your ready to win a premierships now the grand finals Ross lost was nothing to do with coaching as has been mentioned buy a number of posters if gws was looking for a coach tomorrow clarko and Ross would be top of your list!

Once we lost I didn’t care about the score.

Getting someone, who also hasn’t won, but also can’t build a list, to replace Leon is not a move I would make.

We either need a proven winner or a new coach with a lot of upside.
You are like a Sith Lord the way you only deal in absolutes!

2003-2006 was arguably as talented, if not more then the 2012-2015 side.

Difference being the 2012-2015 side under Ross consistently made finals, whereas the 2003-2006 only had one finals appearance and one preliminary final for its efforts.
Good post was very similar at st kilda we made the preliminary final in 2004 we had already been up for a while and then started to head down before Ross took over he got far more out of our list then grant Thomas did you could even say Thomas had a better list then Ross to work with he still had a prime gtrain and rob Harvey

Good post was very similar at st kilda we made the preliminary final in 2004 we had already been up for a while and then started to head down before Ross took over he got far more out of our list then grant Thomas did you could even say Thomas had a better list then Ross to work with he still had a prime gtrain and rob Harvey

Thomas had a lot of injuries to deal with in 2005 and then completely decimated by injuries in 2006. He was set up to fail in 2006.

Thomas didn't have guys like Riewoldt, Koschitske, Goddard at the peak of their careers he had them very young. Riewoldt was unstoppable in 2009.

The only reason the Saints headed down in 2006 is because the were completely decimated by injury.

2007 Lyon went nowhere really missed the finals. I think they would have won a premiership under Thomas. They were a powerful scoring team under Thomas and would have taken it up to the Cats rather than try to bring them down to their tactics.

Glory years? That requires some serious settling.
Was being sarcastic mate the point I was making is that the general giant obviously didn’t watch the grand finals Ross was involved in where they came within a kick or so off winning all three Or he wouldn’t be trying to say it’s the same thing as gws making it and getting beat buy 15 goals . He doesn’t like to admit it but this is where his lack of football knowledge shows 👍

Was being sarcastic mate the point I was making is that the general giant obviously didn’t watch the grand finals Ross was involved in where they came within a kick or so off winning all three Or he wouldn’t be trying to say it’s the same thing as gws making it and getting beat buy 15 goals . He doesn’t like to admit it but this is where his lack of football knowledge shows

A loss is a loss.

Clinging to a “we almost” is just plain sad.

Lack of football knowledge? Amusing coming from you.

I wouldn't even wish Ross on North Melbourne......(ok, North beat Claremont twice in night games back in the early 80's and I still haven't gotten over it).

I do not like Ross Lyon at all and never wanted him at Freo. Anti-football, ruins lists, ruins clubs.

A loss is a loss.

Not clinging to anything you fool we had a fair crack in our grand finals come up just short I can live with that. You have completely lost the plot with your posting of late everyone on here
A loss is a loss.

Ha you have completely lost the plot with your posting of late no one can even have a serious conversation about footy with you any more I’m well aware st kilda lost there grand finals we had a decent crack and came up just short I can live with that . All everyone on here was saying is that Ross might be A option for gws in the future then you start going on a rant about Cameron’s gf performance be the same as Ross if you had actually watched the grand finals Ross was involved in at st kilda and freo you wouldn’t be trying to make such a ridiculous argument trying to say a 15 goal frogging is no different to losing 3 in the last couple minutes is laughable why comment on something you obviously didn’t even watch 🤫

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not clinging to anything you fool we had a fair crack in our grand finals come up just short I can live with that. You have completely lost the plot with your posting of late everyone on here

Ha you have completely lost the plot with your posting of late no one can even have a serious conversation about footy with you any more I’m well aware st kilda lost there grand finals we had a decent crack and came up just short I can live with that . All everyone on here was saying is that Ross might be A option for gws in the future then you start going on a rant about Cameron’s gf performance be the same as Ross if you had actually watched the grand finals Ross was involved in at st kilda and freo you wouldn’t be trying to make such a ridiculous argument trying to say a 15 goal frogging is no different to losing 3 in the last couple minutes is laughable why comment on something you obviously didn’t even watch

Lol keep telling yourself that.

Lol keep telling yourself that.
I won’t be to hard on you champ I know you’re new to the game 2012 right? Maybe get a bit more experience in the game or try doing a bit of research on what your commenting on or stick to the NRL forums where you probably have a bit of knowledge your actually starting to turn into your mate pippen 😂

I won’t be to hard on you champ I know you’re new to the game 2012 right? Maybe get a bit more experience in the game or try doing a bit of research on what your commenting on or stick to the NRL forums where you probably have a bit of knowledge your actually starting to turn into your mate pippen

Lol keep on acting the snide twit.

I wouldn't even wish Ross on North Melbourne......(ok, North beat Claremont twice in night games back in the early 80's and I still haven't gotten over it).

I do not like Ross Lyon at all and never wanted him at Freo. Anti-football, ruins lists, ruins clubs.

If you won in 2013 would you still hold that view? Freo was seriously unlucky not to win that year.

throwing stones when you live in a glass house general giant very

Lol when did I judge you based off your club or club that you want to exist?

Only someone like you would make out your knowledge should be based off the age of your own club.

So here’s my view point as if I didn’t make it clear earlier.
Not everyone bows at Ross’s feet or thinks he is gods gift. You can accept that or not. But he won jack with your mob and with Freo.

Will he get another job? Most probably.

Do I want him at the Giants? No.

If we ditch Leon, which I don’t think we will any time soon, it will be for another young coach for a long term (and I’m #LeonOut).

No quick fix.

Now you can accept that as a view point or not as I’m done with your snide bullshit “my clubs 100 years so I know more than you” discussion point.

Last edited:
Can’t believe the revisionism going on with the 2013 grand final to portray it as close or Freo being unlucky. It’s understandable from the point of view that nobody would want to watch it back, it was a putrid game. Normally a grand final is associated with sacrificial acts and playing like there’s no tomorrow. In 2013 the players could have come back the next day and done it all again never mind the next weekend.

Can’t believe the revisionism going on with the 2013 grand final to portray it as close or Freo being unlucky. It’s understandable from the point of view that nobody would want to watch it back, it was a putrid game. Normally a grand final is associated with sacrificial acts and playing like there’s no tomorrow. In 2013 the players could have come back the next day and done it all again never mind the next weekend.

It's the only grand final in recent times that Champion Data has the losing team being the team that statistically could have won.

Freo had the last 8 shots on goal and lost by 15 points. I'd say that qualifies as close.

Please explain to me the revisionist history bit.

The best team won because they always do on the day regardless of what happens but it is literally the one that got away looking at how the game unfolded.

What in the fu** are you on about 😂
Stkilda have played in 4 GFs in the last 50 years, Ross Lyon coached half of them and if not for a sh*t bounce would have won them their second ever premiership.

Freo have played in 1 GF since they've been in the competition, Ross Lyon was the coach.
Pffft flags are easy just ask anyone

Back