Review Round 10: Collingwood 50-41 Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an awful game. It's lucky we've got a stretch of games where we can possible play terribly and still win.

To then watch Gold Coast v St.Kilda last night in what was a cracking game. We won't get within 8 goals of either of those sides right now. Port and Brisbane will towel us up when we eventually play them.

We need to get our act together quick smart because this season is slipping away.

I'll probably get piled into because for some unknown reason, dozens of posters have some weird agenda against him, but Jack Madgen has been playing some very fine footy in the last two weeks. Doesn't do much wrong, and is a perfectly fine back-up for Howe. He gels in well with his defensive teammates and rarely panics under pressure, isn't afraid to get a little physical and he has laid some good tackles too.

At 27 years (yea that's actually his age, thought he was 25 tops), I won't pretend he has a great deal of upside but what he is and how much he'd be getting paid (very little), he's a good player to have.

Yeah Madge has been good. Does exactly what is required defensively and makes sound decisions with the ball. He could actually teach most of his teammates a thing or two.

I just remembered JT & Mihocek kicking into the man on the mark about 60 out from goal.

Anyone else feel like they lost 2 years of their lives watching that?? Basic stuff.

Yes and no. Hold it up any longer and we'd be lamenting them for holding it up for too long. But frustrating absolutely.

The more frustrating one was Stephenson wanting to feather his own nest and not passing it on to Thomas or Daicos.

Am I the only one pissed off at Papley's WWE theatrics for an in-the-back free kick? His set shot missed but the officials need to start penalising this level of staging. It's cheating and should be called out; embarrassing.

Yes and no. Hold it up any longer and we'd be lamenting them for holding it up for too long. But frustrating absolutely.

The more frustrating one was Stephenson wanting to feather his own nest and not passing it on to Thomas or Daicos.

But moving back behind the mark or moving off the line is basic under 12 stuff. I agree that we would be mad if they took long to move the ball on. However, it just highlights to me that we aren’t practicing these things enough in training sessions.

Grundy – He again appeared sluggish and struggled for any real impact around the ground. He 16 possessions for only 57 metres gained. 32 HO and 6 clearances.

Super Harsh on Grundy as I felt he was a Huge Reason we played Better in the 2nd Half help us get over the Line

I think I saw/read somewhere that we only took 2 contested marks for the game?! Not sure what that is telling us but I'm probably on my own wanting Cox back in. His rucking is well above anything that anyone else can offer when relieving Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I saw/read somewhere that we only took 2 contested marks for the game?! Not sure what that is telling us but I'm probably on my own wanting Cox back in. His rucking is well above anything that anyone else can offer when relieving Grundy.

2 to 13 contested marks.
Moore & Mihocek.

So you want all these played dropped because you believe they can’t kick - not happening - especially Noble and Sier who were good last night.

Didn't say I wanted them dropped. I said that when Phillips is having a shot from 30 on a angle its not bad luck he misses.

When you pick players that can't kick hoping they will then suddenly kick straight is a waste of time.
Lot of them can kick, seen them do it, it’s between the ears

Show some courtesy for other people before posting that, including young children who use this forum.
How about you focus on your own content Mr Sensitivity.
This isn’t the first injury that’s been posted on here. 🤦‍♂️

Staggering to hear Bucks say in presser that we dominated all over the ground and just needed to finish a bit better and also to hear him praise the efficiency of our ball movement. I must have been watching a totally different game coz I thought we massively overused the handball, ran ourselves into trouble and constantly put team-mates under pressure. It was the opposite of efficient.

IQ’s injury is horrific. Infection a big risk with open wounds where dirt has gotten in there. Docs possibly won’t be able to fully close it up initially, so that they can regularly drain it. Sadly I suspect he’ll miss numerous weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unfortunately l doubt he plays again this season. A 15 to 20cm open wound, that is going to take a long time to heal. The picture of it in HS, is absolutely gruesome.
I'm thinking of Geary from the Saints, who had his thigh cut open to drain it, and that was a 12 week recovery period, so you would think IQ maybe around the 8 to 10 week mark.
Hope Wicks is suspended, and the Swans heavily fined for allowing a player onto the field with metal spikes. What a pathetic oversight that was by both the player and club!!!

I didn't watch live last night, just catching up on Kayo now.

Weird the first 4 scores don't look as bad as the scoreline seems. Tay's goal wayward, one rushed from a 50m bomb, one from Rusco which was very difficult and one from Sier which wasn't a bad miss. Then Crisp's 50m kick touched on the line.

I think I would have got angrier at it last night, but I'm trying to detach myself from the agony of watching inept umpiring, terrible mistakes and tepid football.

Didn't say I wanted them dropped. I said that when Phillips is having a shot from 30 on a angle its not bad luck he misses.

What does “ when you pick players that can’t kick ... it’s a waste of time“ mean?
It means don’t pick them clearly - or drop them. They are your own words from the earlier post.

What does “ when you pick players that can’t kick ... it’s a waste of time“ mean?
It means don’t pick them clearly - or drop them. They are your own words from the earlier post.

Its a waste of time of hoping they'll kick the goals they miss. There skill set is such that if they kick them the opposition should be feeling unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back