Review Round 10: Collingwood 50-41 Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one pissed off at Papley's WWE theatrics for an in-the-back free kick? His set shot missed but the officials need to start penalising this level of staging. It's cheating and should be called out; embarrassing.
The umpires have enough trouble as it is without asking to pick staged frees. His coach needs to have a word and tell him that it's not a good look and that this reputation will stick. Of course, that won't happen as Longmire will take any goals he can get.

"Herp derp someone else did it therefore i didn't do anything wrong herp derp 5 year old argument"
On page 79 in the West Australian newspaper, an article by Shayne Hope showed the same picture of Quaynor’s injury.

Given that kids read the newspaper, are you going to contact the journo, call for the West to sack him or just lecture the journo on what he can and can’t print in the paper out of courtesy as you’d say?

You may want to contact half a dozen other publications around Australian today too. Keep your crusade going Mr Sensitive. The world needs you.

The umpires have enough trouble as it is without asking to pick staged frees. His coach needs to have a word and tell him that it's not a good look and that this reputation will stick. Of course, that won't happen as Longmire will take any goals he can get.

Perhaps I'm asking too much of the officials but it this case it was so obvious!

Your point that his coach should enforce a higher standard of sportmanship is spot-on.

EDIT: It's in the media again

Super Harsh on Grundy as I felt he was a Huge Reason we played Better in the 2nd Half help us get over the Line
He may have done better in the 2nd half but does not look to be a million dollar a year ruckman or anything like it at present. Should be doing much better against ruckmen who are not of high caliber. I would give him a rest and play Cox or Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you objecting to the wound being displayed? What a soft lot we have become. I am sure 'the kids' have seen much worse.

ottoman wants to talk to you about a magical place called Hardistan.

Am I the only one pissed off at Papley's WWE theatrics for an in-the-back free kick? His set shot missed but the officials need to start penalising this level of staging. It's cheating and should be called out; embarrassing.
No you're not. Alistair Clarkson called him out 2 weeks ago after playing them. It is poor form, I agree

Moore & Mihocek 1 Contested Marks each.

Our only players to have Contested marks. That’s crazy.

Comparsion Reid & Dawson Had 8 between them. Sydney had 13.
We ******* destroyed them in contested handball receives though.

Post of The Year! Kudos to you.

We are certainly without peer when it comes to 1-2m “hot potato” handballs and over-the-top floaters to stationary teammates who immediately get crunched in tackles and turn it over. We’ve made it an art form - kind of like ballet but with Benny Hill music instead of Tchaikovsky.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why kick 50m down the line to a contest and gain metres/help relieve pressure moving the ball fast when you can handball 1m to a contest and create pressure on yourself, all whilst gaining no ground. Straight out of bucks 2020 gameplan and a continuing Reason why we are an 8th-10th team.

I know being a carlton supporter you're not really gonna care what i say but i come to say... Josh Daicos is a star. Not just the goal but his skills and his ability to win the ball. Got something special there i reckon. Inspiring win with all the injuries during the game. You guys are back

You're right we are back, back to where we really are - playing like a bottom 6 or middling team.

Couldn't be more wrong. In 2020 there is no hands in the back, you can hold your ground, this is what Maynard did. Hell Tom Hawkins has turned this into an art form only he actually pushes and gets away with it.

Two motions it's a free.

Perhaps I'm asking too much of the officials but it this case it was so obvious!

Your point that his coach should enforce a higher standard of sportmanship is spot-on.

EDIT: It's in the media again

If the AFL were serious they would suspend players who were found guilty milking of frees. Everybody could see if except the umpire 10m away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back