List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think this is the right move. The NGA’s in particular are a crock imo. Of course I take a Quaynor when he comes but they shouldn’t exist in the capacity they do.

At the same time though, it’s not like the AFL to react based of an outlier is it? They’re the most over reactive organisation in the world.

Personally think this is the right move. The NGA’s in particular are a crock imo. Of course I take a Quaynor when he comes but they shouldn’t exist in the capacity they do.

At the same time though, it’s not like the AFL to react based of an outlier is it? They’re the most over reactive organisation in the world.
I’m all for making changes. As I said previously, luck plays a part, but imagine if one of the top 4 teams/premiership team had access to UGLE this year. That’s not good for the league.

I’m all for making changes. As I said previously, luck plays a part, but imagine if one of the top 4 teams/premiership team had access to UGLE this year. That’s not good for the league.
Absolutely it is. And I believe it’s the correct thing to do.

My problem with the AFL is they let issues continue then make reactive changes based on an outlier year.

The NGA has been around for 5 years maybe? It was always going to happen that one year there’s a good crop and a number 1 so they make changes.

We have had the review system in for years, sooner or later an incident will happen at a ground without a camera (like this past weekend) that has potentially cost a side a game and finals spot. And they come out saying they’re going to spend the money to ensure all grounds have the technology, it’s a bit to late for St Kilda and Carlton who may have lost a finals spot.

It took the premiership winning side to hand a 9 year contract to the best player in the league before they looked into COLA.

They need some forthright instead of waiting for something to happen and reacting, fix the problem in the first place before the damage happens. It’s a billion dollar organisation who regularly looks like its being ran by amateurs.

I know missing Riccardi is annoying, best thing we can do now is to trade up and hit the draft, get the best available plus McInnes.
If Riccardi keeps improving, try and target him to come home next year?

At 196 he would be the second tall, just sayin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't change the fact he plays like a flanker (or a 3rd tall if we want to call it that).

Despite what the measuring tape says on his height, he doesn't have the key attributes of a genuine key forward - like physical presence, contested marking, hardness etc

We need to change our outlook on key positional players, in the next few drafts they need to be our priority.
i am sick of us signing key positional players who are in the wrong end of there career ie roughead and dunn.Or trying to manufacture them from other sports ie irish boys and Cox.
Even getting average to crap players from other clubs like Cameron and Jessie White.
Either a first or second rounder should go on a key position player, or a a grade free agent like Cameron from gws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good idea as long as the AFL can guarantee the opportunities are not diminished for these kids.

.........and we still get Reef..lol

Its a bad decision in my book (and yeah I'm biased) but NGA's the way they stood ensured that clubs took care and notice of their NGA players. This way clubs could really help develop the players under their care. Athlete's will not be as attracted to the code as much as they were when they were working directly with the clubs and had the inside running to be seen and possibly drafted.

The new system ensures that NGA's will be boys and girls who will really struggle to make the AFL....and clubs will lose the interest in the programs because of that.

Just wondering your thoughts on Peter Wright. Out of favour at the Suns and sounds like he could be getable and not overly priced, but seems to have stalled in the last couple of years.

Just wondering your thoughts on Peter Wright. Out of favour at the Suns and sounds like he could be getable and not overly priced, but seems to have stalled in the last couple of years.
Def worth a phone call, he’s one of a the few potential trade targets. Reports are hes on like 600k so there is that... he’s an upgrade on what we have. We wouldn’t be the only suitor given he can ruck. Hasn’t played so suns can’t hold his value “to high” but still need an early second rounder/player swap

Well just as much of a Crock as the Northern State Acadamies

This is a good idea as long as the AFL can guarantee the opportunities are not diminished for these kids.

.........and we still get Reef..lol

In won't effect this Years Draft. It be from Next Year On.

This will make Clubs try and Hide these Kids

Its a bad decision in my book (and yeah I'm biased) but NGA's the way they stood ensured that clubs took care and notice of their NGA players. This way clubs could really help develop the players under their care. Athlete's will not be as attracted to the code as much as they were when they were working directly with the clubs and had the inside running to be seen and possibly drafted.

The new system ensures that NGA's will be boys and girls who will really struggle to make the AFL....and clubs will lose the interest in the programs because of that.

My 1st Thought is they might as well just get rid of them and just have it ran by the AFL

I just watched Riccardi's highlights for GWS and am so angry with this club for failing to recruit him when he was ours for the taking. Our biggest list hole would have been sorted. We'd be in such a good position. What an outrageous balls up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back