List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Riccardi's highlights for GWS and am so angry with this club for failing to recruit him when he was ours for the taking. Our biggest list hole would have been sorted. We'd be in such a good position. What an outrageous balls up!

Shows that Hine was a Idiot with that

I just watched Riccardi's highlights for GWS and am so angry with this club for failing to recruit him when he was ours for the taking. Our biggest list hole would have been sorted. We'd be in such a good position. What an outrageous balls up!

hea going to be a 200 game forward. Kid has it, size, and just knows the craft, leads well, reads the plays great overhead...luke Darcy said he played like a 100 game veteran.

I want to recruit Riccardi this year now. Throw him a contract offer to lure him to us. Something GWS can't match. Correct the mistake.

Doubt after Re-Signing Moore,De Goey,Miocheck and Daicos we have that much room in the Salary Cap

Interesting interview with player manager Liam Pickering on SEN today.
He believes AFL will not impose a list reduction this year, as he believes teams who’s lists are largely already contracted eg lions and Suns will be disadvantaged.

Well just as much of a Crock as the Northern State Acadamies
I don’t mind northern state academies, they seem to have a purpose as player generally don’t play our sport. Once they build a foothold they should be reviewed.

It’s also currently a good trade offs in particular for GWS and Gold Coast, as we’re getting a Daicos next year, they won’t get a father son for at least 18 more years.

Doubt after Re-Signing Moore,De Goey,Miocheck and Daicos we have that much room in the Salary Cap

I think we will have room in the cap if we want it. The media's narrative on our cap is designed to tell a tale and sell it.

I don’t mind northern state academies, they seem to have a purpose as player generally don’t play our sport. Once they build a foothold they should be reviewed.

It’s also currently a good trade offs in particular for GWS and Gold Coast, as we’re getting a Daicos next year, they won’t get a father son for at least 18 more years.

I agree, northern academies should be for Gold Coast and GWS as they don’t have access to father sons yet.

If Sydney and Brisbane keep them then they need to fall in line with the changes to NGA.

What does this mean for us? What does 'protected'early parts of the draft refer too? Will we potentially miss out on Reef now? Knightmare can we have you expertise on this if possible?
Hard to say. If “early” means “first round” we’re probably ok. If it means first two rounds we might be in trouble for Reef.

Are his brothers already part of our program? They said in the article if clubs have already signed these kids over 15 they may keep their access to them even if the rules change
Not sure but I’d assume they were. And I think clubs are asking for that, but I’m not convinced that they’ll get it.
The real thing that annoys me though is that these new rules will only apply to NGA academies. If the AFL were serious then they’d have the same rules for the northern academies too, there wouldn’t be any less incentive for these kids to choose to join a northern academy regardless of whether it was AFL or club run...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say. If “early” means “first round” we’re probably ok. If it means first two rounds we might be in trouble for Reef.
Rule won’t be changed this year. Reef is a lock for us regardless.

Could be said the same about the NGA ones as these Kids would not have AFL Footy as there Number 1 Sport

Rule won’t be changed this year. Reef is a lock for us regardless.

Too Late in the Year to stop this years one.

We have Dib as Possible NGA Prospect but he haven to get to 3rd Round to have a Chance of that Happening I have my Doubts he still be there

Think the NGA system could be sorted as simple as - clubs can only match 1 NGA prospect every 2 years.

All other NGA prospects will be picked up by by the clubs if they want.

This will also force clubs to bid on players who they think are worth it. Ie teams would have bid on Tom Greene earlier. Then any other GWS prospect is in the draft.

Think the NGA system could be sorted as simple as - clubs can only match 1 NGA prospect every 2 years.

I say even 1 a Year in the 1st 2 Rounds

This will also force clubs to bid on players who they think are worth it. Ie teams would have bid on Tom Greene earlier. Then any other GWS prospect is in the draft.

That means if you have 1 really good prospect there's literally no point developing the other kids in that 2 year bracket... You'd just be developing them for other clubs to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back