Bevo out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point does the leadership group - Bont, Wood, Wallis and Hunter - say to Bevo enough is enough on this ruck situation. Killing Dunks career (his old man must be furious with Bevo), and now he’s doing the same to Macrae.
It’s reached an intervention point.

At what point does the leadership group - Bont, Wood, Wallis and Hunter - say to Bevo enough is enough on this ruck situation. Killing Dunks career (his old man must be furious with Bevo), and now he’s doing the same to Macrae.

Bev has surrounded himself with coaches that won’t question him

Letting Corey go and using the excuse of no money proves that.

When a coach blames injuries to a kid who has 15 games behind him and an aging defender who form is up and down for the loss from 40 points up and 3 goals in the remaining 3 quarters, it says to me he doesn't even know that there are problems with recruiting, selection and game plan.

As long as he is coaching, he will not change anything because he doesn't think there is anything that needs it. Just keep repeating and hope no-one gets injured and expecting a different outcome. He has to go.

The 2023 season, the final year of his contract. By which point, Macrae and Hunter will be 29, Bont 28, Wallis 31, Wood 34.

Until then, he has free reign to keep employing his stupid matchday tactics without having to be questioned by anyone.

The 2023 season, the final year of his contract. By which point, Macrae and Hunter will be 29, Bont 28, Wallis 31, Wood 34.

Until then, he has free reign to keep employing his stupid matchday tactics without having to be questioned by anyone.

Sorry he has to answer to Guido R Smith and A Hansen now that list is something to answer to NOT

Bevo straight out blaming injuries to the media is embarrassing, yes they had an impact and yes you can think it cost us the game in your own mind but to pretty much come out and say it was the reason and to almost encourage our performance is just plain embarrassing. I have absolutely zero confidence in this man to lead us right now

Comparing our list to the Saints who have have leap frogged us this year It has to come down to coaching ability. Saints did recruit well but I rate our list being superior. How have they passed us? They identified some areas on the List and filled some holes. They have a future star in King but Naughton is still ahead at this point in time. Our midfield is significantly superior.

why have we not recruited a number of small forwards prior to Weightman. Instead of keeping Roarke, Gowers etc and holding onto Honey for too long we could have rookies some indigenous players but ultimately it comes down to game plan and the tactical side of the game.

It appears the players are genuinely committed and invested and most players are putting in so this means they are still playing for him. Is he wise enough to realise this will not last forever as the players will wise up. We need a senior tactical assistant ASAP all the consequences might be losing quality players

Comparing our list to the Saints who have have leap frogged us this year It has to come down to coaching ability. Saints did recruit well but I rate our list being superior. How have they passed us? They identified some areas on the List and filled some holes. They have a future star in King but Naughton is still ahead at this point in time. Our midfield is significantly superior.

why have we not recruited a number of small forwards prior to Weightman. Instead of keeping Roarke, Gowers etc and holding onto Honey for too long we could have rookies some indigenous players but ultimately it comes down to game plan and the tactical side of the game.

It appears the players are genuinely committed and invested and most players are putting in so this means they are still playing for him. Is he wise enough to realise this will not last forever as the players will wise up. We need a senior tactical assistant ASAP all the consequences might be losing quality players

I'm not sure they have passed us. Four points ahead with almost no injuries for the year. They made a good move by focusing on corridor and close to goal set shots and won with uncanny accuracy but the last few games the opposition have figured that out and they've struggled. In that way they're not too disimilar to us. When the opposition let them play they want they want to they look amazing, but when they came isn't on their terms they look flat. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up next year.

Completely agree. Leadership means more than onfield actions and setting “culture” when players stray from the straight and narrow. It’s also about managing upwards and being straight with the football department and coach specifically.

Now player power isn’t that prevalent in AFL, so I can understand if that’s a last resort. But it’s poor leadership to wait until the situation is untenable and then revolt against a coach or stop playing for him. I can’t imagine this team doing that but it wouldn’t be the first.

More likely is that the players who get frustrated end up requesting a trade. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I was Dunkley’s manager and this ruck nonsense continued into next year I’d be asking serious questions.

This is where I don’t understand how Bevo can be so emotionally intelligent and still continue with the weird and ineffective tactics and team selection. He must know it’ll eventually get at least some of the players offside. I can’t imagine being a professional footballer, but my guess is they’re not all blindly accepting when they see one of the best, young mids in the comp being asked to ruck against massive opponents.

One thing I was surprised to learn is that we are ranked 6th for time in front this year and above 50%. Just shows if we kicked accurately in a few games we could be firmly entrenched in the top 8.

View attachment 949027

You could say that for the entire time Beveridge has coached, Even in 2016, we destroyed teams in the general play to come up with two goal wins or honourable losses.

I'm not sure they have passed us. Four points ahead with almost no injuries for the year. They made a good move by focusing on corridor and close to goal set shots and won with uncanny accuracy but the last few games the opposition have figured that out and they've struggled. In that way they're not too disimilar to us. When the opposition let them play they want they want to they look amazing, but when they came isn't on their terms they look flat. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up next year.

They play a predictable and constant brand of footy with a basic style and structure that is obvious when you watch them

We don’t

We have a better list but they are better coached by a fair way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree. Leadership means more than onfield actions and setting “culture” when players stray from the straight and narrow. It’s also about managing upwards and being straight with the football department and coach specifically.

Now player power isn’t that prevalent in AFL, so I can understand if that’s a last resort. But it’s poor leadership to wait until the situation is untenable and then revolt against a coach or stop playing for him. I can’t imagine this team doing that but it wouldn’t be the first.

More likely is that the players who get frustrated end up requesting a trade. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I was Dunkley’s manager and this ruck nonsense continued into next year I’d be asking serious questions.

This is where I don’t understand how Bevo can be so emotionally intelligent and still continue with the weird and ineffective tactics and team selection. He must know it’ll eventually get at least some of the players offside. I can’t imagine being a professional footballer, but my guess is they’re not all blindly accepting when they see one of the best, young mids in the comp being asked to ruck against massive opponents.

The last player that stood up to the coach and club caused a complete disintegration of the whole joint.

It’s been shown if you stand up or disagree with Bev you get shown the door

I don't know, I always feel like Bev is coaching for the next game, or the next season...

He's a storyteller and he said himself that a coach has about 5 years with a group of players & then they stop responding to his banter....

I love him & I always will, but I feel like the Gordon & Bev show must come to an end, along with Darcy, Grant, Bubba, Gia and all the other old boys.

Father-sons are great, but you can have too much of a good thing.

I'd love some outside voices to get a hearing at the club.

I really liked one of Bevo’s moves tonight - McLean to Gaff.

Gaff normally tears us up, McLean did a brilliant job - and has maybe found his spot in the team.

Kudos Bevo on that.

However...... squeezing to a 2 point win over West Coast who rested Nic Nat, Yeo, Hurn and Shuey is no bragging matter.

Thought he coached really well tonight. Huge year next year when a normal fixture is back up and running. Can’t wait to see us back at marvel.

Gaff normally tears us up, McLean did a brilliant job - and has maybe found his spot in the team.

Kudos Bevo on that.

However...... squeezing to a 2 point win over West Coast who rested Nic Nat, Yeo, Hurn and Shuey is no bragging matter.
Nothing that a coach can do there on the day about the scoreline.

Kudos Bevo on that.

Pretty poor selections from a West Coast outfit eyeing off a top-4 berth...

Kick straight and we win comfortably.

Tactical changes at qtr time were very good, and the ability to have the team implement them even better.

Seriously this thread is embarrassing.

I didn't see much of the first half, I'm interested to know what tactical changes were made

I wonder if we could convince Clarkson to come to the Dogs as an assistant under Bevo? It seems like he needs a break from being head coach judging by his bizarre outbursts this year.
I was going to suggest the same move but for the opposite reason. We need some outbursts and we don’t have any outbursters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back