Autopsy Rd 17 Blues lose to the bottom side after awful first half

Who played well in Round 17 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SPS criticism is really OTT IMO. The guy will literally hit a defensive contest, scramble to win the ball, win the ball and then we are complaining because he’s taking the conservative option on the way out? He doesn’t have the luxury of finding long targets if they don’t exist.
sorry, sps doesn't 'hit' anything........

What would you call them then?

There is no such thing as winning or losing culture, they are merely results

20 years? Some of these players weren't even born

Mental weakness, like coming from behind against Essendon, Swans. Holding off the Cats

Holding off the Cats?
We let them kick 5 goals 4 in the last quarter to our solitary point. You cannot seriously use that as an example of our mental strength.
We should have killed both Essendon and the Swans.

How about giving s**t teams 7 goal starts? It is absolutely mental weakness.

Didnt mind the press conference, Teague seemed pretty pissed with how we played and skill level. Also said as a whole not enough went when it was their turn. No names named but pretty sure it'll be raised internally.

SPS had a decent game, but at one stage I saw Jones correctly give him a bake for being too afraid to go.

Stop deflecting criticism of players with a question just name the 6 players that contributed to a horrific loss and should be dropped.
you are never going to find any answers or any posters that agree with your nihilistic, negative lunacy - why do you continue with this pointless outlook?

Be interesting to go through the list and see who has improved based on last year.....

Top of my head:
Weitering
Walsh
Gibbons
Setterfield and willo (small improvements)

Very little to be happy about with development/season of cuningham, fisher, dow, lob, SPS, Kennedy, stocker. These are the guys who needed to take a step or 2 and none have.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Surprised Kennedy was dropped, thought he was playing well in the ones

Irony is we started of the season as a free flowing side, who got good value for our inside 50s. Our % of scores per iside 50 was one of the highest in the comp. The contrast in the last6 weeks could not be more stark.

Yea kinda. After the saints game we switched our playing style to more of a quick play on at all costs gameplan

Then we have gone to boring boundary line to tempo footy and then more boundary like nonsense.

What I would like to know is what exactly is Teagues game style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good. Very bad. McGovern is one of the weakest players physically on our list. And now he can barely jump. Those are not traits for a defender.

He's nowhere near the calibre of Jeremy.
jeremy seems made of glass as well though........

6 ? No need to drop 6, you name them Michael
Mcgovern
Betts
Simpson
Murphy
Obrien
You can't 'teach' aggression. If it was as simple as 'get a coach who is a campaigner', then Andy Goodwin and Byron Pickett would be 6 time Premiership Coach's.

Aggression on the footy field can only work if the player has it 'in him'. We don't have many (or anyone maybe) that has that streak.
I reckon if sheedy or clarkson coached us this week: Cottrell and Kennedy would have played, Betts& Simpson would have retired and Murphy's eardrum would've burst for chairing off Gibbs.

You can select aggressive players, you can teach players not to give the opposition a break & you can see the writing on the wall with veterans

Yea kinda. After the saints game we switched our playing style to more of a quick play on at all costs gameplan

Then we have gone to boring boundary line to tempo footy and then more boundary like nonsense.

What I would like to know is what exactly is Teagues game style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not even sure Teague knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good. Very bad. McGovern is one of the weakest players physically on our list. And now he can barely jump. Those are not traits for a defender.

He's nowhere near the calibre of Jeremy.
In fairness, there aren’t many in the caliber of Jeremy. He’s a absolute, out and out champion.

Mitch into the midfield. McMid!

Let people vent. Lost to the bottom placed team and conceded the first 5 goals of the match doing so.
hang on - people are venting plenty - this angry demanding answers from others is ****ed - no-one has to be collateral damage to the rattle throwers in here - you wanna vent fine, you wanna poke others, expect plenty of pushback - blessed are the peacemakers but the last one died a long time ago..........

Wrong mate, we are ahead, well ahead
Arrow, I’m a fan of your work. Not sure why you cop so much back lash for your views. But I think you’re only half right.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, that this is a team that can do great things, and that they’ve showed glimpses of this. I also agree that they are headed for great things much sooner than most people think.

Where I respectfully disagree with you is, making excuses for current performances, that are just unacceptable. Effort, will, determination, focus, are non negotiable. And we lack these aspects far too often. Even at the height of my cheerleading days, I couldn’t defend that.

I also believe your faith in our players and list is justified and warranted. Therefore coaching philosophies must be questioned. It’s my view, we’re poorly coached. Patterns are not about talent. They’re coaching issues.

Thoughts?

Back