Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody? Really? So every AFL player and coach would rate Shai as high as you do?

that's not what I said.
The gift that keeps on giving. Literally any stat that doesn't suit your narrative is 'irrelevant'.

Surprised you're still using the Coaches votes thing though given McGrath finished above him.

Logic is not your strong point , and neither is comprehension

If this discussion is above your pay grade, perhaps move on or ignore it

You completely misrepresent what i say, so you and Yoda_ should be very happy together on my ignore list

in the grand scheme of things , this is infact true.

But the difference between me and you is that my opinion is supported by AFL coaches and players, yours is not

Why do you think that might be?
I have detailed why it’s silly to completely rely on coaches votes multiple, multiple times throughout this thread. If it hasn’t gotten through your head so far then I doubt it will anytime soon.

in the grand scheme of things , this is infact true.

But the difference between me and you is that my opinion is supported by AFL coaches and players, yours is not

Why do you think that might be?
Actually the consensus that Bolton is very inconsistent is probably supported that he polled well in some games but did not poll at all in many more.

The fact that he was nominated for the MVP award by his teammates is a massive straw clutch just trying to find anything to back up your very poor argument.

This is a fan based concept voted by fans.

Completely and utterly irrelevant
Guys, this is a really important point. You've gotta take fan voted sides with a grain of salt.

It automatically puts your smaller clubs like Richmond at a disadvantage. To be fair its an honest effort from the tiges fans to scrounge together enough votes for Baker and Balta, let alone trying to get Shai in as well.

I have detailed why it’s silly to completely rely on coaches votes multiple, multiple times throughout this thread. If it hasn’t gotten through your head so far then I doubt it will anytime soon.

Do you reckon the fans vote holds just as much weight as the players and coaches ?

I know you must be very excited but, before you completely overwhelm yourself on yourself, perhaps have a think about this .

This is a fan based concept voted by fans.

Completely and utterly irrelevant

Shai Bolton made the top 3 players voted as MVP for a team that finished 3rd, voted by his teammates
Shai Bolton is in the top 40 players in the whole league in 2020, when voted by AFL coaches.
This board is a great representation of fans views, they usually lag 2/3 years behind the views of the official ratings, coaches and players, especially if said players play for big clubs.
This is totally a sydney stack vibe. He has been amazing this year but top 40 in the whole league this early come on man 🙏🏿

So you reckon Miers is better than Bolton ? Do you reckon if you asked the 18 coaches including Chris Scott who they rate higher they would pick miers over Bolton ?
It's been decided, Bolton is probably an emergency if Gryan pulls up sore. Miers is like 4 months younger as well, so he's probably just going to pull even further away now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is not only my opinion, this is the opinion of AFL coaches in official AFL coaches votes
For this year and that is not the only metric.
I’m not denying the talent just think it’s early to make the call now. Let’s see what he does in the finals we will know. Fyi i love bolton he is exciting

No. It. Is. Not
It’s a ridiculous fallacy that the coaches supposedly rank him above other played. It’s not like every player is standing in a line and the coaches are sifting through each one and constructing a list. The coaches votes are difficult to assess considering one good game can heavily influence your position.

For this year and that is not the only metric.
I’m not denying the talent just think it’s early to make the call now. Let’s see what he does in the finals we will know. Fyi i love bolton he is exciting

of course it is not the only metric, but it is a pretty good one IMHO, maybe the best one available.

The call is a relative call, as to how the players taken in the 2016 draft look, as of now.

The call is that Shai is in the top 5 players taken, it is basically a consensus universal view of a players and coaches.

the way peeps on this forum react to me saying it is just bizarre

I think he and Marcel Proust are both on suicide watch for there precious Shai Bolton.

to be fair, Shai probably had a better year than Taranto who people probably picked on popularity rather than actual numbers.

No time for killing ones self when you are trying to work out how to fit Bolton, Lynch, Prestia into a qualifying final

Young Gryan Miers pipped poor Bolton for that half-forward spot.

Bolton was listed as a mid so could only be selected there lol

Would be in over Miers as a HF all day, every day

Those stats are most certainly relevant to the very best midfielders which is why Dusty, Fyfe, Pendlebury and Dangerfield are regularly the leaders in those stats.

Dusty (2017) and Pendlebury (2012) have ranked inside the top 10 in clearances per game just once in their careers. Even Danger hasn't ranked inside the top 10 since 2017, and Fyfe isn't inside the top 10 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back