Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Some media saying we were never that keen all along...

We were heavily into last season Daniher dont let the media fool you think about it we offered them a future first the club would of known another bottom 4 finish could of been a possibility.

In terms of currency the Daniher trade would of been more expensive than Kelly, Judd and Dangerfield thats how much we valued him.

We were heavily into last season Daniher dont let the media fool you think about it we offered them a future first the club would of known another bottom 4 finish could of been a possibility.

In terms of currency the Daniher trade would of been more expensive than Kelly, Judd and Dangerfield thats how much we valued him.
Fair enough.

Makes Dodo crazy for not taking it...

A lot can change in 12 months. This year we never heard anything about the swans actively pursuing him, so I suggest that after our initial infatuation we may have had another look in the cold, hard light of day and realised that, for whatever reason, he wasn't worth the gamble.
It could have been anything that turned us off him, his health, his attitude, his price, we may never know. All we know is that we didn't seem to want to sell the farm to get him this time around.

A lot can change in 12 months. This year we never heard anything about the swans actively pursuing him, so I suggest that after our initial infatuation we may have had another look in the cold, hard light of day and realised that, for whatever reason, he wasn't worth the gamble.
It could have been anything that turned us off him, his health, his attitude, his price, we may never know. All we know is that we didn't seem to want to sell the farm to get him this time around.
I think we have found another fancy...

Fair enough.

Makes Dodo crazy for not taking it...

From an Essendon perspective, this has played out exactly the way every single person in football believed it would play out, except for one. In any other profession, these mistakes would just about end a career. Make no mistake, this is not bad luck, the Daniher debacle is more aligned to Essendon's handling of it than anything else. Dodoro has let his ego get in the way of creating a deal that would right now have Essendon laughing all the way to the draft. The offer rejected last year should play heavily in deciding what compensation pick they get. I suspect Brisbane is not offering the $ we would have been offering to the player.

I cannot believe the ineptitude of that football club. God help Ben Rutten, I can see a 2 year coaching career tops as the Bombers make him a scapegoat going forward.

Last edited:
Ironically I think that Grand Final hurt GWS's brand more than helped it
I think Leon Cameron might be doing some damage to it as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for the record if fit Joe will be a steal for the Lions at a lot more than the numbers being bandied about.

Two key words...and if I won the lottery I'd be a millionaire too!

Two key words...and if I won the lottery I'd be a millionaire too!

Still think" if" we knew Buddy would be playing every game in 2021 it would be worth recruiting Daniher but we can not afforded the 2 of them being out for long periods with injuries.Woops sorry Luke Parker I have used that word "if"

Still think" if" we knew Buddy would be playing every game in 2021 it would be worth recruiting Daniher but we can not afforded the 2 of them being out for long periods with injuries.Woops sorry Luke Parker I have used that word "if"

Rather offer twice that amount for Cameron

Rather offer twice that amount for Cameron

Have you actually won the lottery?
How about a salary cap breach?... would you pay the fine

How do you have a great group of developing young guns, with a strategy to avoid 'go home' (thankfully less so now -no one sane is going back to SA)
and keep room for their EXPECTED justified salary increases later?

For some w***er that Rampe beat to death with his one crook hand!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back