List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes!
But maybe his use by date has come.
In terms of best 22, I'd agree totally, but I'm glad they've re-signed him. He'll be solid depth, who will understand the game plan to a tee and will be almost like having an onfield development coach if the VFL gets back up and running next year.

In terms of best 22, I'd agree totally, but I'm glad they've re-signed him. He'll be solid depth, who will understand the game plan to a tee and will be almost like having an onfield development coach if the VFL gets back up and running next year.
Totally agree mate, he’s a keeper for that role.

Happy for Mayne and Levi to stay on as depth
Yep. Keeping veterans on as depth is one thing that we're doing where I think we're ahead of the curve. Those two are solid depth who when not needed are also ideal blokes to have your youngsters learn from at training and in the VFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what he was paid, but when you factor all that Mayne has brought in terms of character - above and beyond onfield output - I reckon the club might be OK with what they paid him. I suspect he's made our club and team better.

Well that's up for debate, will have to ask Knightmare what the bill was, I believe it somewhere around 500 a year, not sure if back ended. Even if he hit the ground running in those first two years which he didn't there's no way known he's worth that much, at best 350 - 400 imo if I'm lenient.

That may sound harsh but he is not really in impact player, yes he's a heart and soul player, great clubman but that doesn't equate to making our team 'better' if better is the definition of bringing us closer to a flag.

I'd rather clubmen like Adams, Pendles, Treloar etc. who are much better players.

Well that's up for debate, will have to ask Knightmare what the bill was, I believe it somewhere around 500 a year, not sure if back ended. Even if he hit the ground running in those first two years which he didn't there's no way known he's worth that much, at best 350 - 400 imo if I'm lenient.

That may sound harsh but he is not really in impact player, yes he's a heart and soul player, great clubman but that doesn't equate to making our team 'better' if better is the definition of bringing us closer to a flag.

I'd rather clubmen like Adams, Pendles, Treloar etc. who are much better players.
Everyone would rather Adams, Pendles and Treloar. I'm just suggesting that some blokes might not bring that much in terms of football exploits, but their character still makes them really important to a team and makes that team better. That's my perception of Chris Mayne at Collingwood. Could be away off the mark though.

Not sure why you think KM is privvy to player contracts.

Wondering if the Pies are more worried about the impact of Treloar’s contract after the next two years where they need to re-negotiate FA’s JDG, Moore and....? Good time to cash in on currency- $ and trade wise

Wondering if the Pies are more worried about the impact of Treloar’s contract after the next two years where they need to re-negotiate FA’s JDG, Moore and....? Good time to cash in on currency- $ and trade wise
2 years will likely be losing pendles, sidey and Howe.... will free up some cash... not in a good way though...

Everyone would rather Adams, Pendles and Treloar. I'm just suggesting that some blokes might not bring that much in terms of football exploits, but their character still makes them really important to a team and makes that team better. That's my perception of Chris Mayne at Collingwood. Could be away off the mark though.

Agreed he's an important 'part' of the sum, just reckon we paid too much for him from the outset. I know we paid a lot and too much IMO.

KM seems to have an idea of what our player contracts are, someone on here would have some sort of clue.

Agreed he's an important 'part' of the sum, just reckon we paid too much for him from the outset. I know we paid a lot and too much IMO.
I reckon we overpaid too if it’s true he was on 500k.

What’s he worth? Probably 400kish?

Looking at it that way, it’s not the absolute disaster some make out. We stitched ourselves up maybe 100k per year.

Don’t want to make a habit of doing that, but it’s neither here nor there in the grand scheme.

If we get pick 5 for Treloar and the club wanted Gunston, just split 5 for 10 + 15 from Geelong since the points equate roughly then do 10 + Phillips for Gunston.
Still got a pick before Reef this year plus a FRP for Daicos next year

I reckon we overpaid too if it’s true he was on 500k.

What’s he worth? Probably 400kish?

Looking at it that way, it’s not the absolute disaster some make out. We stitched ourselves up maybe 100k per year.

Don’t want to make a habit of doing that, but it’s neither here nor there in the grand scheme.

Well it's part of the bigger problem, the Mayne and Wells deal was not really a victory for us and we're not known for 'nailing' the trade period - certainly not since our 'regen' after our flag.

None at all.
The misconception of people about how the club operates is not my concern.
If people aren’t motivated to find out that’s entirely their prerogative.
All sounds good on paper mate, but As Irving from American hustle says.. “the way the world (club) works isn’t black and white, the way you say. Its extremely grey...”

I can't say I, nor anyone else in the media would have any such list. Some in the media I believe have guessed some, but they're often off.

It would make trade targets a lot more simplified if there was an equivalent to ESPN's NBA Trade Machine where we had all player contracts listed. Would make it really easy to know what we need to get rid of, and who would fit nicely into a salary cap. But the AFL contracts unlike in some international sports, I imagine because it's smaller money relatively speaking that they're on just aren't publicly known or available.

As a fan, it would be great if it was publicly available, it would make all of us better list managers and allow for fans to get more involved and engaged in that side of the game.

By all reports, Jeremy Cameron likes fishing and the quiet life and likes to stay off the radar. Playing for Collingwood would be the opposite of that. I find in near-impossible to believe that we’ll snare him. I’ve watched him tear games apart in Canberra and would love to have him play for us but staying at GWS or moving to Geelong seem much better fits for his apparent lifestyle preferences.

I can see this turning out like our pursuit of Tom Lynch - close but no cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back