Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im extremely happy that Crouch selected St Kilda

He is a player that does get the ball but doesnt hurt you a great deal , Been in the system 8 years for just 94 games and wants $700k
That would just drain our salary crap and our ability to pay younger players like Bolton , Baker , Balta , RCD , Ross etc

Much rather we chased after XOH who has great leadership and a good size that can develop along with the core of our younger players
already been in the system 2 years. I would also be asking the question about Brander & Paddy Dow (dont kill me)

There's nothing surer in life than when a player chooses another team over us, our supporters default to the response "who cares, he is sh*t anyways".

Its actually very humorous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I’ve been reading on here for a year he’s no good and injury prone. And bit of panic when looked like being ours

After reading up on all his stats and how often he gets on the field I think we dodged a bullet while the aints recruited hannerbury last year injury proned and still is so why would you pay overs for an injury proned player and also misses first 2 games of the season

He is a player that does get the ball but doesnt hurt you a great deal , Been in the system 8 years for just 94 games and wants $700k
That would just drain our salary crap and our ability to pay younger players like Bolton , Baker , Balta , RCD , Ross etc

Much rather we chased after XOH who has great leadership and a good size that can develop along with the core of our younger players
already been in the system 2 years. I would also be asking the question about Brander & Paddy Dow (dont kill me)
Brander is at the eagles isn’t he?
I remember a lot of hype his draft year and was really disappointed that he didn’t fall to our pick although we did get Higgo, CCJ and Balta that year so it makes up for it

Definitely agree about asking the question of Dow, for whatever reason just can’t seem to settle at carlton and maybe a change of setting could really benefit... he’s also a bigger mid who tend to take a little longer to develop

Guys like Josh Kennedy from Sydney and even Shane Tuck come to mind as bigger midfielders who struggled early but “grew into their body’s” and became very good players
It’s why I’m also so wrapped we have got RCD for a few more years

Xavier O'Halloran is actually a very similar player to Brad Crouch and is exactly the same size 186cm 85kgs and plays in a similar way with the ability to play both inside and outside but slightly better foward ability. Very good young kid thats only 20 years old and already 2 years development under his belt
will take him 1 year to get to learn our system and games style and will be ready to play in the 2021 grand final ;)
Get XOH this year & Tom Green the following year and our midfield is set for the next 10+ years

O'Halloran , Green , RCD , Graham , Turner , Ross , Dow , Ralph-Smith , Martyn , Cumberland , Naish , Stack , Higgins

thing is, if we got crouch it would have been on 500k not 700. for that price ok, for 700 no way.

Crouch chooses us for $450-500k per year
Great fit ball magnet will help cotch prolong his career

Crouch chooses saints for $700k per year
He’s a spud dodged a bullet

🤷🏻‍♂️
love our board
Never change

Must say I do Love our list and can’t wait to see the development of RCD and Ross next year
EFA. context is important mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have still an interest in the GWS kid but It comes down to what we can get from Freo for Pickett and if we either trade broad, got told today he may even forgo the coin and stay, which is awesome, keep Markov which is likely but im starting to worry. Outside of that we have Higgio being heavily courted by the bombers......so thier is still a fair bit to play out.

Our focus will be the draft though. We need to replace Jack and we rate forwards in this draft, particularly 1-20 really highly. We will try to trade up the order with the above stuff so ill know a lot more later this week and after the GF

Perfect scenario for my liking.
Want to keep Broad foremost of the uncontracted, would prefer to keep the Rance money to secure Our young stars Balta, Bolton ect than on the likes of crouch for overs.
Also keen to find a KPF this draft and keep CCJ on the list. CCJ stocks are low right now and he can help us ruck or as a KPF himself and has a chance to become a part of our future.
Not overly concerned about much else in the offing

A captain called Geary is fine but anyone allegedly on the gear should be cause for concern.
I would be extremely surprised if there wasn’t a player at every club who dabbles occasionally.
Not promoting it but it’s common among young people with disposable cash.

In a perfect world I think we are 12m from needing to add a high price recruit or two , the last 2 seasons in particular with what stkilda have done shows just how quickly you can replenish should u have the tpp space. This 12m provides a good run at it for a number of our younger mids , we will be clear what gaps there are and a number of senior players possibly retired

Attachments

• D7E1EA0B-2853-422E-B02E-226112D67B38.jpeg
    D7E1EA0B-2853-422E-B02E-226112D67B38.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
This bloke looks exactly like Jack Ross. Holy s**t.
d8ff2481f7b0a25fe10f7245f191e55a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back