News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly made a point of saying they won't know anything until the deal is lodged by St Kilda on Friday.

It's just Kelly towing the AFL line in regards to "the rules".
Totally agree.

Need to give yourself the best shot of getting pick 2.

If it seems like the Saints and us are trying to game the system, thats potential ammunition for the AFL.

Im almost definite about 4-6 weeks ago, Roo mentioned/slipped up that we are getting Pick 2 for Brouch during a game he was commentating. When briefly discussed it was basically mentioned that Brouch would be getting enough to trigger Band 1.

I hope someone on here remembers this?

I have always felt that all 3 parties here, Crows, Saints and Brouch manager have known what the contract is worth for at least the last couple of months.

Rant time..

This whole thing is rotten.. you just know the AFL are gonna go with the “vibe” the spiteful crows hating flogs in the media are creating of “brad is not worth pick 2”, totally ignoring their very own system in place that assigns the value, and find any excuse not to assign band 1 to brad going as a FA..

fu** me.. the penalty we coped for tippet was so OTT and ridiculous when you see the penalties dished out to Melbourne for tanking, Carlton for their indescretions, Essendon for the drug saga (they ended upgetting pick 1 for that ffs) and geelong who admitted to systemic salary cap breaches over about 8 fu**in years!..

then we lose dangerfield for fu** all and he goes on to become the brownlow medalist, we are forced to massively overpay for gibbs and the vic media said we shouldve been grateful to do so, we lose Cameron, Lever, McGovern and have to scrounge to get the best deals all whilst the vic ******* media talked their trade values down and ranted about a camp as the reason gov wanted out ignore the huge bag of money Carlton stuck in front of the lad..

that absolute utensil smoker Gill supposedly believes the AFL media should have integrity but says nothing whilst the snivelling flogs talk brad crouch’s value down as much as they can due to their nasty vindictive little hatred of all things crows.

the whole AFL organisation is a fu**in circus that has not one drop of integrity. Its seriously like its run by a bunch of teenage school kids with a little “cool kids” group and run on gossip and inuendo and if you arent in the right group your f’ed..
It's not like you to have an over-the-top rant before something has happened.....

Im almost definite about 4-6 weeks ago, Roo mentioned/slipped up that we are getting Pick 2 for Brouch during a game he was commentating. When briefly discussed it was basically mentioned that Brouch would be getting enough to trigger Band 1.

I have always felt that all 3 parties here, Crows, Saints and Brouch manager have known what the contract is worth for at least the last couple of months.
The Crows for sure know the deal St Kilda has offered Brads management. And the Crows for sure know the threshold they need to comfortably reach for Band 1.

IMO all these interviews from all parties are just about ensuring that we are seen to be ‘playing by the rules’.

So far, so good!

The other club aren't forced to trade.

I never said they were.

But of course they are going to trade under the current rules because it's mutually advantageous for the two clubs.

That doesn't change the fact it is incredibly damaging to the integrity and fairness of the draft.

And your source?

There isn't any, thats the point.

No-one has any REAL information on how this is all worked out. As has been shown by the media and 'experts' quite often getting compensation predictions wrong e.g. Rockliff.

I never said they were.

But of course they are going to trade under the current rules because it's mutually advantageous for the two clubs.

That doesn't change the fact it is incredibly damaging to the integrity and fairness of the draft.
You say that like the AFL has ‘integrity and fairness‘ in any aspect of its operation.

You say that like the AFL has ‘integrity and fairness‘ in any aspect of its operation.

So because it doesn't I should just accept it and not make comments about how it could be better? Thats the entire point of this forum, to discuss things. Posts like this are so utterly dumb.

Zero chance.

I heard on their board they intend on using it to lure a King to their team.

1)who cares what they intend to use it for, that's not our problem.
2)They're going to need a lot more than that to get one of them.

No, that's the process.
There's the process, and then the "process"

It is in all 3 parties interests to share the contract details:

Crows - to be sure we get Band 1
Crouch/his manager - to maximise his earnings
St Kilda - to ensure they get a free agent for nothing

If the contract details aren't shared, then Crows may match the bid and/or St Kilda may walk away.

The compo system creates an asset for both clubs that would not otherwise be there in a trade. It would be foolish for either club to stick to the process and put this at risk.

It's not like you to have an over-the-top rant before something has happened.....
I tend to disagree in part. I think our club should absolutely be making the case for pick 2 compo to the AFL if the contract is around the mark for brad. All the points made in that post are generally valid points and the club needs to hammer home how the league have done us no favors over the period and that our rebuild needs the high end injection of talent. After all 2/3 of the way through the year, we were being compared to Fitzroy from the 1960's and on track to be the wort performed team for nearly 60 years in a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be silly not to talk openly as it benefits everyone.

Just need to keep that on the down low.

So because it doesn't I should just accept it and not make comments about how it could be better? Thats the entire point of this forum, to discuss things. Posts like this are so utterly dumb.
Wow, you are so determined to be the angry BF poster that you can’t even see the joke was at the expense of the AFL, and not you.

And this is music to Brads ears .....girlfriend stays home in Adelaide ....Brad gets an exaggerated 5 year contract on stupid money .....teammates become disillusioned with deal & will request same, exactly how the discontent has bred at GWS

If Brad was getting an exaggerated 5-year contract on stupid money, we're getting pick 2.

It sounds like exactly how we've played it all year. We're happy to keep him if the market decides he's only a band 2 player. If he earns in the band 1 range, we'd rather pick 2.

Maybe on Bigfooty he isn’t. But definitely is in the real world.
The real world doesn't count. BigFooty is the ultimate authority on all matters related to recruiting and drafting. The clubs are just entertaining themselves to pass the time while the real powerbrokers do the deals that count on here, and the main board. Take the red pill, man.

If we match and force a trade, are we happy with the Saints' future first?
I'd seriously consider it as I think they slightly overachieved this year in a weird season, and could slide back next year. Plus we have quite a few picks this year and next year is by all accounts a good draft to have more than one first rounder.

If Brad was getting an exaggerated 5-year contract on stupid money, we're getting pick 2.

It sounds like exactly how we've played it all year. We're happy to keep him if the market decides he's only a band 2 player. If he earns in the band 1 range, we'd rather pick 2.
It maybe the $700K per year Contract ($3.5M) .....$150K a year more than he's worth PLUS 2 more years of the Contract we were willing to pay

But still maynot be enough to trigger #2 .......but enough to stuff our TPP and rebuild .....I'm sure Brad is not viewed as part of the Crows rebuild & will rob time from another young midfielder, because Brad is a one position player

Crows could be opening the door for St Kilda to use the excuse they need, to focus attention on the subsidized Treloar instead of Crouch

Don't believe what is publicly uttered ......it's just for show

If we match and force a trade, are we happy with the Saints' future first?
A trade can only be forced if

1. The Crouch is desperate to get to St Kilda .....which he has stated Adel is his preferred option

2. St Kilda desperately needs Brad ......Treloar has just thrown a spanner in that

PM Bangers:

"As usual I'm very very part time with my draft watching, so take the views of PIe4life, EDPS, Knightmare, Davo and such over mine. I'm taking a bit of a step back this year so probably won't be doing monthly updates, just when I can"

He does make for good reading, though.

If only PMBangers didn't discover the SFA and allow for it to ruin his part-time draft watching...

Join the East Side Hawks and hang out with bangers, I and other Adelaide posters who I won't reveal at this stage to make you look at the SFA board. This has been an unpaid and opportunistic announcement from me.

It maybe the $700K per year Contract ($3.5M) .....$150K a year more than he's worth PLUS 2 more years of the Contract we were willing to pay

But still maynot be enough to trigger #2 .......but enough to stuff our TPP and rebuild .....I'm sure Brad is not viewed as part of the Crows rebuild & will rob time from another young midfielder, because Brad is a one position player

Crows could be opening the door for St Kilda to use the excuse they need, to focus attention on the subsidized Treloar instead of Crouch

Don't believe what is publicly uttered ......it's just for show

The fact Crouch has bidders and that we've been playing a pretty straight bat with this all year indicates there are teams who think he's worth far more than $550k. Also, we're going to be at the salary cap floor for the next 5 years regardless if we pay Brad or not, just due to how much salary cap is going to come off our list during that time and us likely to be rebuilding for the vast majority of it (which means we'll cling to the floor for as long as possible). The only question is do we want Brad to have an inflated contract, or someone else, like Matt Crouch, Rory Laird or even a Brodie Smith.

It sounds like Brad is (and had been) viewed as a key part, but like anyone, we have a price where we're willing to make do without him. The end of the day, there isn't a player on our list, no matter how vital they are to a rebuild, that we wouldn't be very comfortable moving on if it got us pick 2. There will only be one player we won't next season, and that'll be whoever we draft with pick 1.

If only PMBangers didn't discover the SFA and allow for it to ruin his part-time draft watching...

Join the East Side Hawks and hang out with bangers, I and other Adelaide posters who I won't reveal at this stage to make you look at the SFA board. This has been an unpaid and opportunistic announcement from me.

The fact Crouch has bidders and that we've been playing a pretty straight bat with this all year indicates there are teams who think he's worth far more than $550k. Also, we're going to be at the salary cap floor for the next 5 years regardless if we pay Brad or not, just due to how much salary cap is going to come off our list during that time and us likely to be rebuilding for the vast majority of it (which means we'll cling to the floor for as long as possible). The only question is do we want Brad to have an inflated contract, or someone else, like Matt Crouch, Rory Laird or even a Brodie Smith.

It sounds like Brad is (and had been) viewed as a key part, but like anyone, we have a price where we're willing to make do without him. The end of the day, there isn't a player on our list, no matter how vital they are to a rebuild, that we wouldn't be very comfortable moving on if it got us pick 2. There will only be one player we won't next season, and that'll be whoever we draft with pick 1.

He does his best work in the SFA :D

PMBangers Chris25

I have no misunderstanding. They don’t have him at number 1 in their power rankings. In fact I believe they both have him at 3.

Prior to this discussion I had mistakenly thought that eDPS also had JUH at number 2 in his rankings but I was incorrect on that one upon going back and checking. I would be interested to hear his thoughts on how clear cut “JUH over Hollands / McDonald / Campbell etc” now is though as we hit the official trade period.

Knightmare has had JUH at number 1 all year, but he certainly seems very high on McDonald too, so I suspect it’s very close there.
PmBangers has him at 2 mate. 59DD3256-B3FA-4809-A399-0CFFF0BE1A29.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back