List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t Higgins our first round pick when we got him ?
What pick we use to draft a player means sweet heck all once the draft is completed
If you are using it as a baseline for a players current worth you are going to be very disappointed

Don’t think we will get anything in the 1st round for him without something going the other way

Where he was drafted is irrelevant at this point and his value is dictated on what he has produced at afl Level and it’s not a lot right now
Ok future 2nd to norf.lol

Crazy that we waste a first rounder on him , Only to get rid of him 2 years later . Mind boggling

We are the product of our own success. Our recruiting team keep mining gold after gold after gold and we simply don't have the best 22 spots for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Makes you wonder why we picked Jack in the first place ! Nothing against him but we already knew we had plenty of depth in the small forward department. Now we are letting him go cause he can’t cement a permanent spot in the team.
That pick could have been used on a key position player or midfielder etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What pick we use to draft a player means sweet fu** all once the draft is completed
If you are using it as a baseline for a players current worth you are going to be very disappointed
More to the point of people trying to justify higgo being worth a 1st round pick because that’s where he was drafted

North got Aiden Bonar last trade period off gws for nothing. He was pick 11 in 2017 (same draft as Higgins)

GOT Aiden Bonar and a future fourth-round pick - GAVE AWAY a future third-round pick

Sad to see snags go but it makes sense he’s good enough to play every week and won’t get that here

The fact we’re willing to do deals to keep our players happy just makes us more appealing to others

Hopefully we get better compo in a trade then some of the other departures

Makes you wonder why we picked Jack in the first place ! Nothing against him but we already knew we had plenty of depth in the small forward department. Now we are letting him go cause he can’t cement a permanent spot in the team.
That pick could have been used on a key position player or midfielder etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

losing a year of development due to illness meant other people got their chances ahead of him

I mean would you all rather he just sits in the vfl all year?

Devastating, I strongly believe this will come back to bite us on the bum.

I know it can be argued that the club has been smart and done well with the players who have been traded out over the last few season.

I still think Butler moving on was the right call despite his 2020 season. However I don’t think moving on Higgins is the right decision.
If the club had any inkling that Higgo will return to his best there is no way he'll be on the trade table.
All the best too him with his future both on & off the field.

I don't agree with trading Higgins even if we get a first rounder pick (we won't, it likely will be a 3rd rounder or something ordinary).

21 years old, played well when he returned and is under contract. Rioli was hopeless in the grand final and carried. You can't tell me Higgins can't offer more?

But the club knows what they're doing so it is hard to argue any decision they make. Maybe there is more to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 way trade might be the go.
Or a future first.
I wonder how our recruiters view the draft this year vs next. My assumption is that this year's draft is a real lottery because of the impact of academy selections, plus the Vic juniors essentially haven't played, making it much harder to rank the early talent.

I'm doubtful Higgins is worth the Saints pick 15 straight up. But there is the option to do something like Higgins and our 2nd (or even 1st) this year, for the Saints 1st next year, etc.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

We are so good that better than average players don’t get games. There will be many that pass through our hands it’s just part of the game. The challenge is to get value for them.

Well said butler is an all Australian caliber player but he would not get a game at tigerland. Harsh, but true.

When he was around higgos age he got a flag but he wasn't good enough to get a game in the side that best the giants by 15 goals in a GF

Now would he be ahead of Bolton. George. Rioli. IMHO. In the dimma rankings.

Hmmm, go back 6-7 years and the exact same things were being said about Dusty and Edwards.

The more I think about it Higgins is someone we should be trying to keep. Let's see him with a full preseason under his belt, a year plus post brain surgery and some games at senior level.

We're not easily going to find someone in the draft with his talent level and he's still young.
don’t think that’s a very good analogy. My Q on him is he’s very stop and prop in the midfield which is totally against our surge forward style . His strength is a quick eye and reflex deep forward , again not so much our style ,, we rate hassle defensive pressure first to create the turnover. He’s def a senior player that would thrive in a diff game plan , not so much ours

this is the worst trade mistake we will make in a ****** long time. Terrible decision from us to lose him for the rest of his career which is only just starting.
Feel free to archive this. Will buy every single poster here a slab and deliver to their door personally if I'm mistaken.

You just know we will receive rubbish.

More to the point of people trying to justify higgo being worth a 1st round pick because that’s where he was drafted

North got Aiden Bonar last trade period off gws for nothing. He was pick 11 in 2017 (same draft as Higgins)

GOT Aiden Bonar and a future fourth-round pick - GAVE AWAY a future third-round pick
This.

We have a habit of overvaluing our players here. What we need to keep in mind is how much footy someone has been playing, and how well it's been played. Throw the initital pick the player was taken with out the window.

I absolutely love Higgo, but we really don't know if he's hit his ceiling or if he will be a future star. Clubs trading for him are going off the performance they've seen this year, and not how good he was in junior years.

Devastating, I strongly believe this will come back to bite us on the bum.

I know it can be argued that the club has been smart and done well with the players who have been traded out over the last few season.

I still think Butler moving on was the right call despite his 2020 season. However I don’t think moving on Higgins is the right decision.
Any player who has left in the last few years has left for opportunity. Clearly Saints are offering Higgins more opportunity. I'm fine with it

this is the worst trade mistake we will make in a ****** long time. Terrible decision from us to lose him for the rest of his career which is only just starting.
Feel free to archive this. Will buy every single poster here a slab and deliver to their door personally if I'm mistaken.

You just know we will receive rubbish.

If the club is going to make terrible mistakes the best time is probably to do it after three priemership.

Higgins is a talented lad but life goes on. The probably had a think about it before cutting him lose.

Maybe it means they are confident stack will get his head screwed on again. And/or they rate MRJ

Im upset at the turner talk I thought he was very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back