Status
Not open for further replies.
So Keys is Josh Rotham?

So Keys is Josh Rotham?

No, he's Jarrod Brander

I live in Padbury.

... Marmion drive

Top 30 Wtf Huh Baseketball GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

You certainly sound like a real local Keyser.

Jack Petruccelle

He had a serious hamstring injury that made it difficult for him to get on the park consistently, but even when he was back he didn’t seem to have the same electric impact on games that he did in 2019 when he burst onto everyone’s radar. Confidence in his body will be key to helping him get back to his best. At 21 years of age the world is ahead of him and his future is secured until 2023. In a side where pace is more important than ever, though, a big pre-season is crucial to help both Petrucelle and the Eagles rebound from 2020.

Hard to disagree with this.

But there’s a raft of younger players who need big preseasons - Brander, Cameron, Jones, O’Neill and Williams all have the tools to become best 22 players next year if they get the most out of this off season.

The team needs them as they’ll help regenerate our aging core

Brander for mine.

Needs to perform in the pre season games, hopefully with more aggression and assuredness. He should be frustrated. He should be frothing to show that he belongs at AFL level going into his 4th season.

Providing we have a suitable role for him.

I got on one side live the katdashians and on the other were the Geordie Shore crowd ..

So, shallow attention-whores everywhere?

Sounds about right for Dark Sharks

JK mate you're the best.

I think the boys had their 1st 2km trail run today - it looks like the new boy Langdon took it out. I don't think some of seniors were running though. Could not see Gaffy in the video.

I think the boys had their 1st 2km trail run today - it looks like the new boy Langdon took it out. I don't think some of seniors were running though. Could not see Gaffy in the video.

It’s only the 1st - 4th years training at the moment. Senior players don’t return until the new year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the article highlighting Pettrucelle. In 2019 I desperately wanted him to be part of the TK trade.

I really liked some of his work in the pre season games and round 1. He had a few nice plays and him abs TK seemed to gel very well on the field.

For mine, Brander needs a big pre season. This time last year every player was talking up his commitment and training standards, but he very rarely looked comfortable for a full game in the defensive wing role. Ironically his best game was when he played more high half forward.

He is now competing with Rotham and Edwards for a role in the backline, and he has given them a fair head start while he trained with the miss.

A big pre-season could see him leapfrog them both for 3rd tall/KPD if gov/barass miss a game.

I’d put TK in this same basket too. He should be filthy with his season. Not because it was horrible, it wasn’t, but he seemed to go in and out of games in terms of impact and sometimes went completely missing.

A slightly left field option I reckon is Trew. Suma put him on blast and he should use that to motivate him over the summer, and earn the respect of his team mates. He should aim to play in the marsh series and try and break into the senior side, even if it is just for a stint to get a taste. I have a feeling that Yeo won’t play the first half of the season, so there is a spot in the midfield up for grabs between Ainsworth/XON/Trew

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with the article highlighting Pettrucelle. In 2019 I desperately wanted him to be part of the TK trade.

I really liked some of his work in the pre season games and round 1. He had a few nice plays and him abs TK seemed to gel very well on the field.

For mine, Brander needs a big pre season. This time last year every player was talking up his commitment and training standards, but he very rarely looked comfortable for a full game in the defensive wing role. Ironically his best game was when he played more high half forward.

He is now competing with Rotham and Edwards for a role in the backline, and he has given them a fair head start while he trained with the miss.

A big pre-season could see him leapfrog them both for 3rd tall/KPD if gov/barass miss a game.

I’d put TK in this same basket too. He should be filthy with his season. Not because it was horrible, it wasn’t, but he seemed to go in and out of games in terms of impact and sometimes went completely missing.

A slightly left field option I reckon is Trew. Suma put him on blast and he should use that to motivate him over the summer, and earn the respect of his team mates. He should aim to play in the marsh series and try and break into the senior side, even if it is just for a stint to get a taste. I have a feeling that Yeo won’t play the first half of the season, so there is a spot in the midfield up for grabs between Ainsworth/XON/Trew

Interesting. On what basis is Trew ahead of the other new recruits that warrants him a place in the team? Is he more physically developed or talented?

Interesting. On what basis is Trew ahead of the other new recruits that warrants him a place in the team? Is he more physically developed or talented?

-anyone is better than Ainsworth
- XON is great and could have a bright future, but I think Trew is more exciting and on talent was rated by many as a 2nd round pick.

Of our 2020 picks I think Trew is most likely to earn a call up in 2021.

I’m not saying he will play round 1 or will lock down a spot in the B22 in his first year, but we have very poor depth beyond our 6 starting mids. Given our lack of depth in the midfield, there’s a chance he could get a call up, especially if Yeo misses a big chunk of the season with OP.

Yeo ran
- XON is great and could have a bright future, but I think Trew is more exciting and on talent was rated by many as a 2nd round pick.

I’m not saying he will play round 1 or will lock down a spot in the B22 in his first year, but we have very poor depth beyond our 6 starting mids. Given our lack of depth in the midfield, there’s a chance he could get a call up, especially if Yeo misses a big chunk of the season with OP.

Yeo ran solidly at training this morning but as we know with OP it is not the running that is the most important it is how he recovers afterwards

Yeo ran solidly at training this morning but as we know with OP it is not the running that is the most important it is how he recovers afterwards

That's really good to hear.

My biggest concern is he is symptom free, but symptoms return when he starts upping his training loads and he ends up in surgery in February.

Still boggles the mind that we are in this position in 2020/2021, and the club disclosed he had been carrying something for some time and continued to play him.

Let's hope for a straight forward recovery and he can get some kind of pre-season and be healthy for the start of the season, we really missed him in the latter part of the year.

Brander for mine.

Needs to perform in the pre season games, hopefully with more aggression and assuredness. He should be frustrated. He should be frothing to show that he belongs at AFL level going into his 4th season.

Providing we have a suitable role for him.
I hope Brander was following Oscar around the gym. For a key position player the most important thing is getting stronger through the legs and core.

I hope so for you guys.

I was filthy Essendon took that spud Gleeson ahead of Trew in the Rookie Draft.

How did a bloke who averaged 25disp a game in the not get picked up? He was touted as a top 10-30 by many draft gurus. He is an extractor and guys like Gaff who get a look in aren't.

Yeo/Kelly/Redden love getting in an under but Redden goes missing or is injured a lot and Yeo has had a horrid year with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back