Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

He was sh*t.
For all of Turner and Mahonys shortcomings, they get a game from the coach cause they actually crack in and work hard.

fu** the pink boots off and taking hangers from 4 deep.
If he doesnt want to have a go then find someone who will. Over his crap now
Couldn't have put it better!

It's a shame we don't have enough forward stocks because that effort today was drop worthy.

Has no right to play next week.

He should be given the whole of next weekend to have a good hard look at himself. No footy at all.

Time for this bloke to stop strutting around and trying to be a tough guy and time for him to get a kick and help his teammates out.

He seems more intent on bumping everyone in sight, than trying to get a kick.

I love the bloke, but FFS needs to pull his head out of his arse and start concentrating on getting the footy.

Last edited:
Never seen it with this guy, don’t get it has hardly strung more than half a game together. Happy for him to prove me wrong but bearish

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His 2019 was great, including two bags of 5, two of 3 and that 11 tackle game where he was roughing up everyone they put near him against Richmond, so that’s not true. His hot games are getting few and far between though

Doesn't seem fit enough from a very uniformed viewpoint. When he's on though he offers physicality that noone bare Ben10 and JZ can provide.

Edit- Uninformed viewpoint, can't spell good.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem fit enough from a very uniformed viewpoint. When he's on though he offers physicality that noone bare Ben10 and JZ can provide.
He planning to be on any time soon? That's the concern. He was fit enough 2 years ago so I'm not entirely sure I believe fitness is the primary issue. I'm concerned that perhaps he thought he had made it and that the bags would kick themselves and has then proceeded to slack off.

But that's just an outsiders perspective, who knows what the issue really is *shrug* Point is that what he is doing right now, and during the pre season (arguably large swathes of last year too), isn't enough and that regardless of whatever the reason is he needs to find a way to remedy that or he's at risk of pissing his career down the toilet. Which would ******* suck, frankly, because he has some awesome weapons in his toolkit.

He planning to be on any time soon? That's the concern. He was fit enough 2 years ago so I'm not entirely sure I believe fitness is the primary issue. I'm concerned that perhaps he thought he had made it and that the bags would kick themselves and has then proceeded to slack off.

But that's just an outsiders perspective, who knows what the issue really is *shrug* Point is that what he is doing right now, and during the pre season (arguably large swathes of last year too), isn't enough and that regardless of whatever the reason is he needs to find a way to remedy that or he's at risk of pissing his career down the toilet. Which would ******* suck, frankly, because he has some awesome weapons in his toolkit.
Agree wholeheartedly. No one else on the list has brought me out of my seat as much as this guy. Needs to ask himself how much he wants it because he has talent coming out of his ears.

I liked that he made an appearance in the defensive 50 in the 4th quarter to help out. Maybe he just needs to get his hands on the pill to lift confidence/competitive spirit/who knows what. It sucks to see him stagnate and wish him the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March 21st 2021

Dear Cameron

So what I was going to say Cam (sorry I didn’t get a chance in the GD Thread) is I get you.

You’re a confidence player.

A bit like where Jy was this time last year.

Your stuck in starvation land.

I watched you fly for an unrealistic mark in front of me today and you were coming from fourth back as an example.

I think it’s time to get some leather poisoning out of this Team and get some confidence back.

Just saying.

Cheers

Gasometer

Rewatching it, Jonas spent a bit of time on him. Pretty tough gig, especially with how the ball was coming in.

Obviously he had a down day. Didn’t do himself any favours today focusing on the things he could control.

He will be fine, I’m sure Noble & co will be looking at addressing how to get him into the game.

Rewatching it, Jonas spent a bit of time on him. Pretty tough gig, especially with how the ball was coming in.

Obviously he had a down day, the most disappointing aspect being the fact he had zero tackles. Didn’t do himself any favours today focusing on the things he could control.

He will be fine, I’m sure Noble & co will be looking at addressing how to get him into the game.

My point being is that it’s not a one off and his form last year was patchy

Maybe it’s me..maybe I thought we had a new version of DeGooey

My point being is that it’s not a one off and his form last year was patchy

Maybe it’s me..maybe I thought we had a new version of DeGooey

Fair enough, I can see how you’d be disappointed if you had those expectations of Cam. I see the similarities in their size and power.

I personally don’t have those expectations, because he’s yet to show any ability to accumulate the footy. He’s a good goal kicker and tackler.

Clearly he doesn’t have the engine to run through the middle, I’m unsure if he ever will. That’s up to him and how much he wants it, but won’t happen this year.

Problem is more inside his head. I reckon he likes the label of being one of the bash brothers to a point where it's all he's looking to do.

Has the talent, but needs to play with some more smarts. Learn some proper forward craft and all his other attributes will start to shine in his overall performance.

Problem is more inside his head. I reckon he likes the label of being one of the bash brothers to a point where it's all he's looking to do.

Has the talent, but needs to play with some more smarts. Learn some proper forward craft and all his other attributes will start to shine in his overall performance.
That’s the feeling I have too. It seems like he is trying to live up to this image of being able to assert himself physically at the detriment of getting in the right position to win the ball.

The number of times I saw him trying to lay body on players jogging past was stagerring. I want him to use that physicality when he is trying to win the ball, the other stuff is just a waste of time and energy.

If anything I think Noble needs to tell him to go back out there and hunt the ball and not be so focused on trying to be a physical presence.

Your 100% correct he is so focused on that part of his game that he is actually forgetting what it’s all about, getting the pill and kicking goals.

What to do with Cam..
We need him involved in the game more.
Is it a simple case when we were desperate for a senior body in the second quarter, we should’ve shifted him to the centre square for a stint.

Saying we need you to win a clearance. we need you involved in the game at ground level.

It’s a form issue coupled with a bombing issue.

He seemed to be running around trying to crack in but he can barely get near it he’s so horribly out of form!

We also went to bombing most of the day and Ports defence is too good for that - I don’t recall a certain breasted mark from a bomb all day.

He needs keep working hard snd harder to get the ball and while playing deep he needs to lead into space snd create options for the streaming mids - of which, we had plenty yesterday. But all the forwards just clumped into a single target.

I think he gets one more but then dropped to fine form if needs be. Give Ford or Jed a forward role

Loved his 2019 and where he was heading but his strut~output is tracking towards Jake Stringer-Lite territory.

I don't think it can all be lumped on the absence of a big seasoned KPF down there. Some of it falls on him.

The entire forward was woeful yesterday. It was a collective shmoozle. And that's ok as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be celebrating yesterday's performance.
Often we you lose by large amounts, your forwards don't have great days. A quirk of the business if you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back