Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hocking and the AFL so concerned about the pace of the game...yet the umpiring has never been in a worse state that it is currently....horrible

maggots these days are full time...and they serve up cheating sh*te...3 maggots with different interpretations free to do whatever they want

bting back 1 umpire for consistency

How can you blame the umps. 360 degree game that’s rules have always been open to interpretation and the stupid dumb campaigners at the AFL add more grey and more rules open to interpretation. The poor silly pricks trying to adjudicate the game are on a hiding to nothing

How can you blame the umps. 360 degree game that’s rules have always been open to interpretation and the stupid dumb campaigners at the AFL add more grey and more rules open to interpretation. The poor silly pricks trying to adjudicate the game are on a hiding to nothing

quite easily...they don’t adjudicate the rules fairly...last night and the night before were excellent examples of maggots favouring 1 team at the disadvantage of the other...HTB was easily paid against us...but play on when poort held the ball...or disposed of it incorrectly

rule changes don’t help....but if they are adjudicated correctly for both sides...we would t be so pissed off

it ain’t the rule...it’s the fair weather interpretation based on crowd pressure....

The news gets better....not

mansell fined $4k for playing too rough...give me a break...kids first game....has to go to the bank and take out a loan to pay the fine

Ross...$2k fine

what a RORT

mansell fined $4k for playing too rough...give me a break...kids first game....has to go to the bank and take out a loan to pay the fine

Ross...$2k fine

what a RORT

Always amazes me they find something out of our games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game - if you haven't seen these before this is a summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces, with centre clearances thrown in.

Overall Summary - 26 Bounces

Edwards 24 (3w)
Cotchin 21 (1w)
Ross 21 (15w, 6i)
Martin 19
Pickett 19 wing
Bolton 9
Martyn 5 wing
Short 4 wing
Baker 4 wing
Graham 3
Aarts 1 wing

Nankervis 22
Balta 2
Astbury 2

Centre Clearances

Nankervis 4
Cotchin 3
Bolton 2
Martin 1
Houli 1

Breakdown by Quarter - Q1

Martin 8
Edwards 7 (2w)
Cotchin 7 (1w)
Ross 7 (4i, 3w)
Pickett 5 wing
Short 3 wing
Martyn 2 wing
Graham 1

Q2

Edwards 6 (1w)
Martin 5
Pickett 5 wing
Cotchin 4
Ross 4 (2i, 2w)
Martyn 3 wing
Bolton 1
Short 1 wing
Graham 1

Q3

Edwards 6
Cotchin 5
Ross 5 wing
Pickett 4 wing
Bolton 4
Martin 3
Baker 3 wing

Q4

Edwards 5
Cotchin 5
Ross 5 wing
Pickett 5 wing
Bolton 4
Martin 3
Baker 1 wing
Graham 1
Aarts 1 wing

Do you have last weeks stats for bounces attended?

Ross...$2k fine

what a RORT

any vids or they just make it up ?

He was within 9m when he took possession, so he's allowed to rush it if he's under any pressure...

also, the video shows that Riewoldt is less than a metre away and heading towards him...

also he handballs it off the ground towards a team-mate getting up near the goal-line...

It was the correct decision.
too late now and he might have done a nasty injury but in hindsight if jackR keeps running at the footy, he gets the free... gray would have taken him out with illegal contact.

It was the correct decision, it’s a non free kick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Watch it over and over and you can't help but be pissed off. He didn't take the ball and get forced into it, did he? He actively dove at it to immediately handball it through the goals.

Should be pinged for that.

If he tried to take it, got hassled/tackled and had no option, then that's no deliberate, but he dove and took possession specifically to handpass it through. A lot of footy is judged on intent and that was his intent, to deliberately rush a behind regardless of what was around him.

"Deboy was born in Adelaide, South Australia and attended Eynesbury Senior College. He grew up as a mad Port Adelaide Football Club supporter and admits he still holds a soft spot for them despite entering the umpiring ranks. He is married and resides in Melbourne, Australia."

The above is from umpire Deboy's Wikipaedia page.

He's an Adelaide boy and a "mad" Port supporter. Explains the one way diabolical decisions on Friday night. Does the AFL integrity unit still exist.

Last edited:
He was within 9m when he took possession, so he's allowed to rush it if he's under any pressure...

also, the video shows that Riewoldt is less than a metre away and heading towards him...

also he handballs it off the ground towards a team-mate getting up near the goal-line...

It was the correct decision.

To be clear, I'm not taking a shot at you K31th, just commenting on this part of the incident (applies, too, to that contentious deliberate out of bounds from the Prelim) because it's a bit of a pet gripe of mine...

These guys are supposedly professional AFL footballers with some of the best reflexes and hand-eye coordination in the country.

Yet people use this "he had a team mate somewhere in the general vicinity" argument to defend them for what amounts to missing targets by hand.

If they miss the player "in the general vicinity" by so much that that player not only doesn't get the ball, but doesn't even bother trying to reach for the ball as it sails past out of reach, then I for one doubt that there was any intent whatsoever to pass to that player and their presence is, to me, totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Forget giving a free kick away. If these guys are so freakin' useless that they can't even handball to within a metre of a team mate a couple of metres away they shouldn't be on an AFL list.

And if anybody thinks this is unreasonable, just watch what the very same players do around stoppages where they are expected to hit targets, under the most intense pressure, every single time and, for the most part, actually do so.

All in all, I don't have much issue with the rules or the way they are adjudicated.

I do find it kind of amusing that people will defend players for what amounts to missing targets by hand.

If this was happening consistently in clearances instead of "accidentally" near the boundary or goal line at moments when it just so happens to advantage the player's team, fans would be shouting for them to be dropped because of their sh*t skills, not defending them because "they were under pressure."

All that said, I know the reality of the situation -- it's a bit like players furiously punching the ball in a tackle. There's obviously no intent whatsoever to get the ball out, yet if they do it the umpire will be nice enough to pretend they're making a genuine attempt. We all know these guys are good enough to "accidentally" do things with a football so that it goes exactly where they want it to go. We're supposed to be nice enough to pretend we don't know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back