Autopsy Round 6 2021: Hawks comeback from 32pts down, defeat Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quietly, if anyone can think of a more bizarre, incompetent decision than having an unfit, injured player as your injury sub, I'm keen to hear it.

Just quietly, if anyone can think of a more bizarre, incompetent decision than having an unfit, injured player as your injury sub, I'm keen to hear it.

Yeah I couldn't wrap my head around that one, loved it though as it certainly helped our chances of winning.

Absolutely ******* mental. I watched Nicks' press conference to see what he said about it, but not one journo asked him!

If he was a KPD, we would expect this of him. He isn't.

Thilthorpe has over 3 inches on him, and i dare say more with arms outstretched. Short of chopping the arms, I don't know what he is expected to do when left one on one with him.

We do lack a bit of height against the really tall forwards.
My point was a lot of ppl were saying he's our next kpd, I've always said he's never going 2 be.

So we agree. This is good.

The ones I really feel good for are the Hawks Fans who made the time, effort ,spent the $ and went to Tassie to support the club, Good on you all!!
I'm sure you all enjoyed More than the rest of us did.
Now I'm regretting not having the guts to commit and be there myself.

Yes - same feeling

How great was that piece of play?

And so, so beautifully simple.
  1. Player receives ball at speed from half back.
  2. Clearing, sweeping handpass
  3. Same player receives from 1, 2
  4. Run forward, soft pop kick for a leading forward to run into. Unspoilable.
Simple game as Allan Jeans used to say.
His reaction/ celebration after that play was gold too.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is it. We're more than on par, if not ahead, of many of our "peer" teams. Mentally we can probably go with anyone. But in terms of execution and consistency we're still on our L plates and will ultimately get beaten by quality sides.

Personally I reckon the mental side of things is the hardest part to get right, so as far as I'm concerned we're well ahead of our fellow rebuilding sides. We might sit around the bottom 4 for a while this season and next year, but once it "clicks" we're going to be one of those sides that shoots up the ladder "out of no where".
This is why its essential we play games out and not get belted and always try to win. Its makes me want to pull my hair out when "fans" say we should have lost a game to get a better draft pick.

‘if it wasn’t a development year, the move may have happened more quickly
Agree, I think Clarkson was waiting for some midfield ascendancy to stem the bleeding.

Which game? I'm completely lost on the Lewis being a superstar forward and has previously showed it.

He showed potential 3 years ago not superstardom but he's pretty much shown less every year since. So in what game/s did Lewis show superstardom at Hawthorn consistently that wasn't at Box Hill? In what game could he chop out in the ruck where he refuses to even compete. And in what game has he ever had a good one in defence? Defence I can tell you not even Clarko in his stubborness is stupid enough to stick his slowness down there.

But let's get back to those forward superstar games at Hawthorn um where were they? Cos I'm a bit lost I go to most/all games in Victoria and watch all others on TV but are you telling me I missed all of them? Yeah... nah.

Looking more Lisle than Roughead at the moment. I hope it clicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounds like he was there as a coach outside the cap. We may see Burgers do that next week

A little note that our 4 losses have been against teams all in the top 7 positions on the ladder.

Not to say we're great, but we've had a tough draw so far.

Looking more Lisle than Roughead at the moment. I hope it clicks.
That’s a bad take.

Aaron Naughton, who has people falling over themselves to crown him the best young forward in the game, is averaging 3 contested marks, 8 score involvements and 14 disposals a game this year.

Lewis is averaging 3 contested marks, 7 score involvements and 13 disposals.

Comparing him to Lisle is pretty yuck.

That’s a bad take.

Aaron Naughton, who has people falling over themselves to crown him the best young forward in the game, is averaging 3 contested marks, 8 score involvements and 14 disposals a game this year.

Lewis is averaging 3 contested marks, 7 score involvements and 13 disposals.

Comparing him to Lisle is pretty yuck.
Tongue in cheek. Lisle wasn't THAT bad but his lack of speed certainly limited him from making the best of his other attributes.

Lewis has a good leap, he will find a way. We do have high expectations of him that's all and forwards can take time.

Those Luke Breust goals were absolute class, and very timely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back