List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Parks has taken 1 intercept mark in 2 games. Am I missing something?

He has the athleticism, long arms, leap and, perhaps most importantly, determination to impact aerial contests. Kicking is not great (joins the club), but he has something we're missing in our mid-size defenders, imo. Early days, so we'll have to see how he goes.

Imagine how good Harry McKay would be in a good side

Imagine how good Harry McKay would be in a good side

And imagine how good he’d be if he kicked straight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's wave the magic wand and fast forward to round 18. Everyone is fit and available besides Marchbank.

What does our best side look like?
Changes from R6 22 marked in italics:

FB: Plowman Jones Williamson
HB:
Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Fogarty C.Curnow Cuningham
FF: JSOS McKay Martin

R:
TDK Cripps Setterfield

Int:
Kemp, Murphy, Dow, Fisher/O'Brien

EMG from:
Casboult, SPS, Fisher/O'Brien, Carroll, Ramsay, McGovern, Stocker, Betts, Durdin

He has the athleticism, long arms, leap and, perhaps most importantly, determination to impact aerial contests. Kicking is not great (joins the club), but he has something we're missing in our mid-size defenders, imo. Early days, so we'll have to see how he goes.

I get all that but we ain't missing his intercept marking when he hasn't done it yet.

Changes from R6 22 marked in italics:

FB: Plowman Jones Williamson
HB:
Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Fogarty C.Curnow Cuningham
FF: JSOS McKay Martin

R:
TDK Cripps Setterfield

Int:
Kemp, Murphy, Dow, Fisher/O'Brien

EMG from:
Casboult, SPS, Fisher/O'Brien, Carroll, Ramsay, McGovern, Stocker, Betts, Durdin

Don’t think Williamson is a defender Unfort. Murphy 300 & out. Hopefully some of the younger midfielders step up.

B: Plowman - Weitering - Newman
HB: Docherty - Jones - Saad
C: Walsh - Cripps - Williams
R: TDK - Setterfield - Ed
HF: Martin - McKay - Fogarty
F: McGovern - Curnow - Fisher*
I: Kemp - Dow - DC - JSOS

*if returned from injury
See how the defenders perform in that back 6 with Newman returning.
Eyes on Durdin & Honey up forward (+ Owies) then midfielder spots with Stocker, LOB, SPS, Carroll, Williamson (w), Ramsay, Philp and Parks as a waiting defender.

Don’t think Williamson is a defender Unfort. Murphy 300 & out. Hopefully some of the younger midfielders step up.

B: Plowman - Weitering - Newman
HB: Docherty - Jones - Saad
C: Walsh - Cripps - Williams
R: TDK - Setterfield - Ed
HF: Martin - McKay - Fogarty
F: McGovern - Curnow - Fisher*
I: Kemp - Dow - DC - JSOS

*if returned from injury
See how the defenders perform in that back 6 with Newman returning.
Eyes on Durdin & Honey up forward (+ Owies) then midfielder spots with Stocker, LOB, SPS, Carroll, Williamson (w), Ramsay, Philp and Parks as a waiting defender.
That team is so slow, especially out of defence. Williamson is plenty defender, but asked to do strange things at AFL level instead of left to build into the game and find himself on the end of a handball chain.

That team is so slow, especially out of defence. Williamson is plenty defender, but asked to do strange things at AFL level instead of left to build into the game and find himself on the end of a handball chain.

Similar team to what you presented...
Williamson is not quick & runs into traffic (dumb footballing) or stunned near opposition. Had a lot of time for him but no longer see it after what’s been witnessed of late. Hope to be proved wrong - was calling for wing in the pre-season but with the shortage of defenders in the VFL, he’ll be lining up down back throughout the season you’d think.

Newman makes us better with his defensive output, goal scoring too + left boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's wave the magic wand and fast forward to round 18. Everyone is fit and available besides Marchbank.

What does our best side look like? Hopefully we are moving past the old gaurd and our youngsters are coming on.
Since everyone is doing this then here I go..
I expect we won’t get too youthful at this stage because we’ll be still fighting for a spot in the 8.
Doing this list gave me back some hope as to where this list is at.

Back six
Newman | Jones | Plowman
Saad | Weitering | Docherty

Middle three
Murphy | Cripps | Walsh

Forward six
Fogarty | Silvagni | Fisher
McGovern | McKay | Martin

Followers
TDK | E. Curnow | Williams

Bench
Pittonet, Dow, SPS, Betts

Emergency
Philp Honey Cunners McDonald
Durdin Kemp Casboult Charlie...

I hope we are getting into the ear of both Jarrod Brander and Bailey Williams from west coast at the end of the year. Both would be great gets for us.

Bailey Williams/TDK combo would be a great athletic duo moving forward.

Brander would be a great athletic KP

This will happen jelly and all three will probably be off the list by the end of the year.

But what do we do now - drop Murphy? Betts and Gibbo are doing SFA and should be dropped ahead of Murphy imo but who do we bring in, Fisher when fit would replace either of these two.

Drop Casboult? Pitto is an average ruckman at best at this stage and needs ruck support from who - TDK and possibly OMac when fit would make it easier to replace Cas.

Our other issue atm is the likes of Crippa, Williams, McG, Doc (our highest paid players) are down and underperforming - not sure under development is their issue.
Liam Jones would actually be a perfect ruck/rover. Forget the hit-outs as they are irrelevant. He would brilliant around the ground. He gets to contests and is a very good mark. Could not hurt, as Pittonet has zero impact around the ground.

What does our best side look like? Hopefully we are moving past the old gaurd and our youngsters are coming on.

Our best side to look like this-

FBDochertyJonesParks
HBWilliamsWeiteringSaad
CMartinDowCarroll
HFFogartySilvagniFisher
FFOwiesMckayC. Curnow
FolDe KoningCrippsWalsh
BenchPittonet (2nd Ruck)Newman (7th Defender)Stocker (Midfielder)Kemp (Forward/Midfielder)
23rd ManRamseyPlowmanSPSPhilp

Our best side to look like this-

FBDochertyJonesParks
HBWilliamsWeiteringSaad
CMartinDowCarroll
HFFogartySilvagniFisher
FFOwiesMckayC. Curnow
FolDe KoningCrippsWalsh
BenchPittonet (2nd Ruck)Newman (7th Defender)Stocker (Midfielder)Kemp (Forward/Midfielder)
23rd ManRamseyPlowmanSPSPhilp
Yet to play one game and Owies, Carroll & Ramsay are in your best team? Charlie Curnow has not played a game in 2 years, and you slot him straight in?? Dow?? Well I suppose you are trying something different instead of regurgitating the same layers week in and week out.

Before anyone rushes on guys like setterfield, Dow, SPS and a few others take a look at Salem at Melbourne. For a pick 9 it's fair to say his first 8 years weren't great especially when you consider what they traded (Josh Kelly pick). Compare the pair now. Same age. Kelly on huge money just going. Salem in AA for in the first quarter of the season.

The guys that we can put lines through are guys like casboult who wouldn't be on any other list. Should have moved him on when he couldn't sort that kicking out.

The other big fu** up was going into the year with 2 ruckman with less than 50 games between them. Seriously?
Another on the Salem style slow burn won the Anzac medal yesterday

I hope we are getting into the ear of both Jarrod Brander and Bailey Williams from west coast at the end of the year. Both would be great gets for us.

Bailey Williams/TDK combo would be a great athletic duo moving forward.

Brander would be a great athletic KP

Others that I hope we are looking at are-

KPD
  • Sam De Konning - Doubt Geelong let him go but could be a gun KPD/Ruck
  • Ben Mckay (Nth) - Harry's brother, getting better every week.. Doubt his gettable
RUCK
  • Callum Colman Jones (RICH) - Stuck behind a few in the pecking order at Richmond, athletic Ruck/ Forward
FORWARD
  • Jarrod Cameron (WCE) - Charlies brother, performed well in his AFL games, just behind so many small forwards at West Coast..
    Could be a gun small forward given the chance
  • Darcy Fogerty (ADE) - Would be worth bugger all.. Could be a good forward that attends the centre bounces Dusty style, also excellent kick..
    Needs fitness ASAP
  • Patric Lipinski (WBD) - Can't seem to crack Bulldogs midfield or forward line, super user of the ball
KPF
  • Jarron Brander (WCE) - Started career as a tall winger, would be hard to get as is getting game time, may want to come home to Vic
  • Jake Riccardi (GWS) - Would be a great 2nd forward/ Ruck to Mckay.. Would be hard to get rated highly by GWS
MIDFIELDERS
  • Rhylee West (WBD)- Could be the steal of trade week (Josh Kennedy (SYDNEY) style), looks to be a promising inside mid. May look for opportunities elsewhere.. But has a strong Father Son connection
  • Ed Richards (WBD)- Another Promising Mid/ Forward, may be gettable from the dogs with their bursting mids.. Had a broken leg
  • Adam Cerra (FRE) - Good young midfielder, Comes with a large price tag, Picks/ Money that I don't think we should pay
  • Josh Dunkley (WBD) - Super midfielder, Comes with a large price tag, Picks/ Money that I don't think we should pay
  • Zach Merrett (ESS) - Super Star Mid, Is a free agent. Comes with a large price tag, that I think we would pay
  • Tom Green (GWS) - Highly rated young mid, that seems to have stagnated at GWS, getting games though
WING
  • Fraser Rosman (MELB) - This kid could be a freak, super talented and x factor.. Not sure why he went late in the draft, maybe needs time

Similar team to what you presented...
Williamson is not quick & runs into traffic (dumb footballing) or stunned near opposition. Had a lot of time for him but no longer see it after what’s been witnessed of late. Hope to be proved wrong - was calling for wing in the pre-season but with the shortage of defenders in the VFL, he’ll be lining up down back throughout the season you’d think.

Newman makes us better with his defensive output, goal scoring too + left boot.
When Newman isn't slowing us down, he's leaving us defensively exposed. He's a backup and he'll either be development coaching or in the VFL next year.

Williamson is the future, and that's the investment we should be making. Kid is meticulous with everything he does, just needs support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back