Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm yet to hear any kind of logical reason as to why you can't wear your prison bar jumper. Eddies ego seems to be the only thing standing in the way and after stepping down as president i thought we were finally done with that fat-headed campaigner. At least for the time being anyway...

The history and heritage of a club is sacred and it ought to be celebrated. I hope this is a fight you guys win.

We are definitely witnessing Eddie trying to save face here. With his official position now history he is desperate to show that he still has a big say and retains political influence. Us wearing the Bars so soon after his departure would’ve been a very public statement to the contrary, confirmation that he had gone the way of the dinosaurs. It’s no wonder he’s been so involved. He’s fighting for the survival of his own relevance.

We have had some really weak leaders in the past. Signed some really poor deals. Started way back when when we first joined the league. Nearly 25 years later we are still trying to clean that mess..

It's sad but I have to agree.

Was the Sturt-Norwood merger really a competitor to us in '96?

As for the John James heritage round only piece, we were on our knees but still, you sign nothing forever.

Adelaide supporters are currently posting the following image all over Facebook and Twitter, insisting that it should be their Showdown guernsey:

Actually, that was posted by Sportsbet in their twitter feed yesterday morning:

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.48.49 am.png

And based on something the Adelaide Mail parody account posted on 9 April (love the Cromry badge):

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.50.48 am.png
It's taking aim at the capacity of the crows to copy everything Port does but wouldn't surprise me if some of the campaigners have missed the joke.

It's sad but I have to agree.

Was the Sturt-Norwood merger really a competitor to us in '96?

As for the John James heritage round only piece, we were on our knees but still, you sign nothing forever.

Gill states that the 2007 agreement has been updated by the 2019 agreement. That means we've agreed to not wear it again, that's his interpretation, and that we have to negotiate with Collingwood again to update the 2019 agreement. That appear to be his excuse for us belong disallowed to wear it in 2021.

Is every club signing agreements to wear every one of their own jumpers? If not, why are we signing agreements and have to be signing agreements?

The main thing I've learnt this week is Gill's relationship with Eddie is worth more than 60,000 annual memberships @ roughly $200 each.

When words are spoken its always important to remember past actions and whether the words match the actions.

Last edited:

View attachment 1115742

And based on something the Adelaide Mail parody account posted on 9 April (love the Cromry badge):

View attachment 1115743
It's taking aim at the capacity of the crows to copy everything Port does but wouldn't surprise me if some of the campaigners have missed the joke.
I could get behind this unironically

I go back and forth with this, and also the entire strategy to be honest. And my end goal is the bars full time at home.

We're currently getting the most wider AFL community traction we've ever gotten on this and a lot of it's because we've been firm but fair and positioned ourselves as the adult in the room against the corrupt buffoon that is McGuire and the weakness of McLachlan. Only asking for showdowns is so reasonable that the AFL look like complete bastards for denying us and that has got the AFL world talking.

But, I'm also a pretty firm believer that without some sort of leverage, no unjust system has ever been overturned without a bit of civil disobedience. I sort of wish that we hadn't announced that the AFL had told us that we'd be docked 4 points, so we could have just worn the bars and then Gil would have had to crawl out of his bunker to actually make a public statement announcing that we'd be docked 4 points after we'd done it with the public not prepped for that sort of penalty. That would have been an even bigger PR nightmare for them. So far Gil has done his best Scomo impression of disappearing when the heat is on and I want him being pressured by journos.

The safer route is to continue to be the adult, but the civil disobedience route has so much more potential. We need to get ourselves 2 games clear on top this season so we can wear the bars in round 23.
You know even if that did happen they would do so bullshit like starting ports on -4 in 2022

It was - but the version Adelaide supporters are sharing, and unironically demanding, has the Sportsbet attribution cut off.

They are playing themselves without knowing it, and it's beautiful.

The main thing I've learnt this week is Gill's relationship with Eddie is worth more than 60,000 annual memberships @ roughly $200 each.

When words are spoken its always important to remember past actions and whether the words match the actions.
I was showing my step brother the Prison bar stuff on footy classified (he’s a 14 year old Carlton fan but firmly on our side with this) and he reminded me that when we went to the Carlton v Collingwood women’s game this year, Gill and Eddie were sitting next to each other. This was a Carlton home game at Princes Park, so why he was next to Eddie was just weird. This was about 2 weeks before the resignation fwiw. As the two of them were walking towards the Gardiner stand that we were sitting in front of, I yelled out to them “BRING BACK THE BARS” but they didn’t hear me :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was showing my step brother the Prison bar stuff on footy classified (he’s a 14 year old Carlton fan but firmly on our side with this) and he reminded me that when we went to the Carlton v Collingwood women’s game this year, Gill and Eddie were sitting next to each other. This was a Carlton home game at Princes Park, so why he was next to Eddie was just weird. This was about 2 weeks before the resignation fwiw. As the two of them were walking towards the Gardiner stand that we were sitting in front of, I yelled out to them “BRING BACK THE BARS” but they didn’t hear me :(

Maybe they were filming the next series of Underbelly :)

Maybe they were filming the next series of Underbelly :)
Eerily similar spot to the underbelly scene, I reckon some of the league’s corruption would be worthy of a doco/drama series now that I think of it.

Have they read out the usual stitch-up texts & emails yet?

I tuned in for half an hour as a tribute to OGC. There were a few top class muppets calling in I had to turn it off it was unbearable

Kg doesn't know what day it is and old G chooses the contrary line on everything so that's AA for the rest of the year for me

I tuned in for half an hour as a tribute to OGC. There were a few top class muppets calling in I had to turn it off it was unbearable

Kg doesn't know what day it is and old G chooses the contrary line on everything so that's AA for the rest of the year for me
I switched on then off when a Port Power is not Port Adelaide type diatribe was going on but long enough to hear a caller they let go to air with the idea of Port Power going to Tasmania & the Port Magpies entering the AFL

I switched on then off when a Port Power is not Port Adelaide type diatribe was going on but long enough to hear a caller they let go to air with the idea of Port Power going to Tasmania & the Port Magpies entering the AFL
Missed that. There was some woman who cracked the shirts over 1990 and then trying to get rid of the Magpies and we deserve nothing etc During which I nearly spat my raisin toast out

Listening again because I'm procrastinating going to work

G now pondering how many die hard Maggies supporters don't want the Power in the prison bars, and also how many die hard Power supporters don't want it either

🤷🏼‍♂️

Probably less than the number of premierships Glenelg has won.

Listening again because I'm procrastinating going to work

G now pondering how many die hard Maggies supporters don't want the Power in the prison bars, and also how many die hard Power supporters don't want it either

🤷🏼‍♂️

Its mental. Just look at the groundswell of support for this you idiots. Look at the media coverage, even the fact you are talking about it right now on your pissant radio show.

”let’s hear from the three Port supporters who are against this”

The cognitive dissonance between believing Port Adelaide in the AFL is different to Port Adelaide in the SANFL, but at the same time having a vendetta against Port Adelaide in the AFL because of the actions of Port Adelaide in the SANFL is so fascinating it should be the subject of a scientific paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back