AFL Autopsy Rnd 7: Done by the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I kinda went into this game with vibes of 93... That year we were super young and started the year playing ok but not many ladder points to show for it. Then we had our breakout game , a shoot out vs Geelong from there we never looked back and the baby bombers built momentum toward a flag.

This was our Geelong shootout but we kinda bottled it. No shame, not many, If any seasons pan out like our 93 season, still content with the output the kids are showing on the big stage. It's coming together nice

More great experience for our young kids on a huge stage. Feeling more positive about our future than I have in years. Laverde has been a huge find down back nbut we Need to find another quality tall defender.

Defensively very poor again, you can't continue to give up chunks of goals throughout a match, and 100 points + a game and expect to win.
After today we will be sitting 17th with score against, only north is worse and we all know how they are tracking.
It's a major problem right now, is it mid pressure or are we just that bad down back?
It needs to be addressed straight away.

Loving the weekly improvement from the kids, Cox looks like he might need a break soon though.
H.Jones. clunking marks and kicking goals, thought he may need a run in the twos after a couple of lean weeks but nice to see him get some reward for effort.

Stewart will be better for the run. Adding Franga to the backline with Laverde playing on and killing a 2nd forward is going to be exciting. Franga on third forward and Ridley genuine intercepter.

Two more pre-seasons in the gym for those kids and we have a very good side. Fingers crossed we smash the next two drafts too.
As soon as someone said on Friday Phillips wasn't playing I was like what the hell, we'll watch anyways.

Why why why do we struggle so much against them ?

It’s ****ing embarrassing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time in a long time that I wasn’t pissed off at losing to Carlton. The way we play and the kids coming though look great for the future. Carlton not getting near a flag with that list.

We were the better side statistically for much of the day, but a few costly turnovers lost the game for us.
Not too upset about that loss because our younger players stood up. We were completely gassed by the end.

Hooker, Walla, Stringer and Jones played great games. It's rare for almost all of our forwards to fire at the same time like today.

Laverde has come on in a big way. Really happy with his game.

We were the better side statistically for much of the day, but a few costly turnovers lost the game for us.
Not too upset about that loss because our younger players stood up. We were completely gassed by the end.

Hooker, Walla, Stringer and Jones played great games. It's rare for almost all of our forwards to fire at the same time like today.

Laverde has come on in a big way. Really happy with his game.

Laverde looks comfortable down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, a bit of regression today instead of a workman like mentality, win the contest first young men then go!

I don't like the play like Richmond comparison per se but we really went away from the good hybrid pieces we've been borrowing today which was a bit dissapointing tbh.

Loopy down the line kicks while there are options also does my head in, there was a few of these offenders and it wasnt the noobs either!

I think the Unicorn is a bit tired too. 😔

I enjoyed the shoot-out stuff in general and if we won I'd probably be stoked but after reflection I'd like to go straight back to our structures, pressure and forward movement MO...

Didn’t bring the hard hat and lunch pail
today - blue collar was missing.

Too many balls not bodylined, too many tackles not stuck. Carlton looked stronger in the contest from first bounce. Plus senior players making skill errors.
Didn’t see the match but that all sounds familiar.

Disappointing, but good signs. In particular Jones & Perkins.

To everyone complaining about Dev Smith, the guy had 10 tackles - the most in the entire comp this weekend. Sure, he could have done a bit more with the ball, but if you think he's had a shocking performance and should be dropped, your footy knowledge has the depth of a kiddie pool.

Jesus this is a sh*t take

Had bad games, but wanting to ditch them? Crikey

heppell was selling meat out there.

absolute butcher.

but was serviceable enough i thought.

Yes, a bit of regression today instead of a workman like mentality, win the contest first young men then go!

I don't like the play like Richmond comparison per se but we really went away from the good hybrid pieces we've been borrowing today which was a bit dissapointing tbh.

Loopy down the line kicks while there are options also does my head in, there was a few of these offenders and it wasnt the noobs either!

I think the Unicorn is a bit tired too.

I enjoyed the shoot-out stuff in general and if we won I'd probably be stoked but after reflection I'd like to go straight back to our structures, pressure and forward movement MO...

Jacob Weitering owes our club a slab for the 2 votes he’ll likely get.

We dump kicked it inside 50 so many times to him and he did what good defenders should do. Dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That result is totally on us. Turned the ball over then didnt chase hard enough back.

That will lose you more games than you win
Turnovers yes but the Blues play a weird game. Not sure if it showed up on TV but they roll the dice staying well off the contest to the point they are cheating out the back. So in essence it made our turnovers look really bad.
It will not stand up against the better sides who do not turn it over as much and win more contested footy.

EDBDB00-A-FCC0-442-A-9259-3-E0-A43-EC2-E3-A.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back