Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The critics seem engrossed, their informed posts ? Religion is a non event to middle Australia but a BIG issue for the devotees & the critics.

Its clearly not a non event for the Pento PM.

I just thought how 'wonderfully' appropriate for some poor sole to end up falling at his feet.

Waiting for the laying on of hands no doubt. ;)

Well, there's also this.

Scomo is a false prophet, thinks he's "doing gods work".

His words, not mine. How dumb are the people that believe him?

After someone shows Morrison where the Cameroons are on a map he'll decide she can be safely ignored. If they tried to come here anyway he'd take great delight in throwing in jail, she might as well pray at Michael Slater's feet for all the good it will do her

Saw a good joke on social media.

"The reason Slats cant get a flight has nothing to do with the travel ban, its because the authorities are worried he will lock himself in the toilet and get the flight grounded again."
And still he's made our PM look like a bumbling fool.

fu** out of here. Biggest hypocrite scum views.

Mcgowan ban good
Ardern ban good
SCOMO BAD

but but nothing. ******* hypocrites.

Scomo got to get out stage and ******* bash Sky news aus and labor.

Utter the ******* words
R U OK? You sound like you're having a tough moment there.

In fact centre right wing/centrist Authoritarianism pulls centrist and the right wing like bees to honey.
Bees aren't attracted to honey, they just produce it. They're attracted to pollen.

Last edited:
I support the ban on people from India who aren't Australian citizens, just like I said the same thing about the US and UK early in the pandemic.

But, much like the HQ issue where everyone cared about who hired private security firms, everyone is missing the main point.

After 1 year, how do we not have a Quarantine system capable of repatriating our own citizens such that the medical advice is to not let too many in??

Quarantine is a complete debacle and the branch of Government tasked with Quarantine refuses to do anything about it.

They say no to using defence facilities. But what good is defence against planes and missiles if the enemy can just drop a few COVID bombs in each city and Australians would be dying in their droves until being locked away again.

Having no Quarantine leaves us susceptible to attack. If not COVID this time, what next? What if our soldiers are deployed overseas and contract COVID? How do we get them home?

I support the ban on people from India who aren't Australian citizens, just like I said the same thing about the US and UK early in the pandemic.

But, much like the HQ issue where everyone cared about who hired private security firms, everyone is missing the main point.

After 1 year, how do we not have a Quarantine system capable of repatriating our own citizens such that the medical advice is to not let too many in??

Quarantine is a complete debacle and the branch of Government tasked with Quarantine refuses to do anything about it.

They say no to using defence facilities. But what good is defence against planes and missiles if the enemy can just drop a few COVID bombs in each city and Australians would be dying in their droves until being locked away again.

Having no Quarantine leaves us susceptible to attack. If not COVID this time, what next? What if our soldiers are deployed overseas and contract COVID? How do we get them home?

I don't think anyone should be getting on a plane to Australia without a negative Covid test.
I agree that could be problematic where you probably can't get a test and a result within a couple of days.
Quarantine is a safety net, but it doesn't mean it needs to be the only one.

My question is, why can't Scomo just let every Australian who is stranded overseas (including India) for the past year come back, and he can just hug/lay hands on them with his Jesus powers and cure them of any COVID?

I thought he was a thoughtful Christian man like that?

I don't think anyone should be getting on a plane to Australia without a negative Covid test.
I agree that could be problematic where you probably can't get a test and a result within a couple of days.
Quarantine is a safety net, but it doesn't mean it needs to be the only one.

Follow Norman Swan's advice and vaccinate those Australians who want to come home. You could probably then manage with hotel quarantine making sure all staff and their families and immediate friends are also vaccinated (with Pfizer rather than it being wasted in aged care as it currently is).

Follow Norman Swan's advice and vaccinate those Australians who want to come home. You could probably then manage with hotel quarantine making sure all staff and their families and immediate friends are also vaccinated (with Pfizer rather than it being wasted in aged care as it currently is).
The health dept take advice from relevant qualified doctors, not Mr "Biggest Loser" !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They thought it would be over in a year, long before the next election.

If Labor can't weaponise their incompetence, they don't deserve to govern. Morrison is the leader who just gives up when things get too hard, passing the buck to states, bringing in bans and fines because it can't manage quarantine.

The health dept take advice from relevant qualified doctors, not Mr "Biggest Loser" !

That's 'Doctor' Swan to you fella, given the man is actually qualified.

In addition to actually being a doctor he is a multi-Walkley award winning journalist. His qualifications comfortably gazump your 'qualifications' in bullshit and muckraking.

You are everything that is wrong with the world and should retract your statement..

I'd suggest in the final analysis there isn't.

It's only ever those on the side of power and privilege that insist there's no such thing as "identity". (Apparently power and privilege aren't markers of identity despite them flaunting them at every human interaction.)

It's like right wingers claiming "the class wars are over". Only because the privileged class won.

Identity politics is bigoted, on both sides.

That's 'Doctor' Swan to you fella, given the man is actually qualified.

In addition to actually being a doctor he is a multi-Walkley award winning journalist. His qualifications comfortably gazump your 'qualifications' in bullshit and muckraking.

You are everything that is wrong with the world and should retract your statement..
Dr Swan is an epidemiologist is he? Me and him are both equally qualified in that field :)

Dr Swan is an epidemiologist is he? Me and him are both equally qualified in that field :)

He's a qualified medical professional and should be referred to as 'Doctor' regardless of what you personally think of him.

His realm of knowledge on the subject matter is vastly superior to yours, so yeah I think his opinion counts for more than yours too.

He's a qualified medical professional and should be referred to as 'Doctor' regardless of what you personally think of him.

His realm of knowledge on the subject matter is vastly superior to yours, so yeah I think his opinion counts for more than yours.

That's fine, as long as you refer to Scomo as 'His Excellency the Honorable Scott Morrison MP, Prime Minister of Australia' from now on.
No more of that scummo rubbish!!

Identity politics is bigoted, on both sides.
I disagree, but my point is the right wing do dog whistling here, there, and everywhere, and then turn around and deny they're indulging in identity politics.

You can argue about the worth of identity politics but at least progressives are honest about it and not oh-so-conveniently in complete denial that they even practise it.

Look at Morrison - "We will not achieve net zero in the cafes, dinner parties and wine bars of our inner cities". Every tired stereotype under the sun, to a room full of champagne drinking big business owners.

Then bobs up a couple of days later and tells an arena full of people who all believe in the same unproveable god, that identity politics is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back