Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Fog will probably be sub again, got a full game in the SANFL last week. This club couldn't demote Dmac after a typically meaningless game.
Unlikely given Fogarty's named in the starting 22.

EMG
[36] Andrew McPherson, [1] Chayce Jones, [24] Josh Worrell, [22] Billy Frampton

Good - McAdam out / Fogarty in / Hamill in.

Bad - Hately out / Mackay stays.

Hopefully Himmelberg goes back, or we look totally unbalanced.

Once again, I feel there is a clear and consistent demonstration of our lack of system, structure and plan when it comes to player selection and development.
Not sure that's quite right.

I can understand Hately going out and Berry being retained. What player will best match the heat that Port will undoubtedly bring, that's a no brainer watching Hately last week. Fogarty/Berry >>>>Hately when the heat is on in the midfield.

Hately isn't going to develop and learn how to deal with it, if we don't expose him to it.

The 4 talls worked in 2017 and we still refuse to admit that was purely on personal and its not even a remotely viable strategy.

The small defense is also just baffling, alongside not giving Murray any chance to settle.

We're certainly starting to show some signs that we've got one plan and cannot deviate from it.

I wonder what McAsey's thoughts are watching Murray get played in front of him and only getting 1 game before being dropped again.

Maybe Talia is even concerned there's no spot for him in our current 'structure'.

Can’t wait for Doedee on 195+cm forwards again, it’s worked so well this season.

Look at athe youngsters Mackay’s playing in front of
Marshall is about as big a threat as you and I up forward

We absolutely f’ed if Butts goes down early.... Why on earth are we only playing one tall defender against Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades??? Are we trying to lose?? What are we trying to achieve keeping MacKay who can not defend in the side over Worrall who would match up nicely on Georgiades??? Seriously??? WHY are we so dumb???
cause its DMAC... they actually think he’s a gun experienced player that provides valuable leadership.

just let that sink in. thats how far removed from reality these morons are.

Dmac wouldve been delisted by pretty much every single other club in the comp 2/3 years ago.. not crows, no, he’s a gun in their eyes.. Luke hodge type leadership. as unbelievably stupid as this all sounds, theres actually no other explanation as to why they have kept him but this.. they actually think Dmac is a gun player...

In 2021 since Burns has been in charge of the backline we've played with Butts, Doedee and Kelly as our talls in 6 of our 8 games. Those 3 have had then had Smith, McPherson, Brown and Hamill next to them when Brown and Hamill were fit with Mackay as the backup. We've got now replaced McPherson with Mackay, so that's a straight swap. We went with Butts, Murray and Doedee in Round 2 when Kelly was unavailable (so same 3 tall setup) and last week was the first time we changed tactics and went 4 tall with Butts, Murray, Kelly and Doedee.

So in every game but last week we've pretty much run with the same backline structure.
Doedee is not tall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hately isn't going to develop and learn how to deal with it, if we don't expose him to it.
I'm not convinced Fogarty is a midfielder yet but I know who I want eyeballing Ollie Wines in the midfield and at this point Hately since joining us has given no indication he's that player

Last edited:
Cant see how Brown is playing with a sore Achilles, they just dont heal with a weeks rest here and there.
I'll be surprised if he adds much carrying this injury.
Not that I agree with. But he’s in to stand Gray. Would rather we give that job to a young defender to learn something

It's hard to argue with McPherson's and McAdam omission on form

I would have kept Hately in, DMac out

DMac picked purely on experience however experience offers nothing when you don't have an impact on the game

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch McAdam now be rested from the SANFL and be out with injury for the next 4 weeks.

Surely we can make him medical sub this week!

Watch McAdam now be rested from the SANFL and be out with injury for the next 4 weeks.

Surely we can make him medical sub this week!
If he's injured he needs to be rested.

If he's not then his form is inexcusable

There's an identifiable criteria, don't agree with it, but it's there.

There's been a clear preference to go small in defence this year. Why I have no idea, but it's there and its cost Murray both times we've brought him in.
Hately hasn't added much to a midfield that has been getting smashed and they've given preference to experience (Sloane). Berry brings better pressure, even if he found less of it.

With his athleticism and speed he should be one that can impact a game, even if it's just defensively. He hasn't done that at all. Didn't seem particularly interested a few times last week in chasing and that's one thing he had improved a great deal since he was brought over.

It's definitely identifiable, when Talia is back we won't be going with only 1.

Wh

Which part of it?

You cannot possibly look at the consistent selection methods over the last 24 months and state that we have a clear plan and player development strategy.
24 months probably not, this season is a bit clearer for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back