Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure why you think I'm having a go at selection/development, but McAsey and Jones are the perfect example of what they don't want happening. They got a good string of games, weren't that great and now likely won't be considered again until they know they can contribute consistently and they can keep them in for a long stretch, not yo-yo in and out due to poor form. Nicks could have come in last year and played Sholl, Hamill, Schoenberg right off the bat, but didn't select them until they had enough consistency through their training they felt comfortable they'd hold up, same with Thilthorpe, though I think that was more physical than performance wise.

The issue I have with Worrell is that I think he can be in that group that can play and contribute consistently and he should he one they prioritise in getting games into, even if it's to replace someone who has held up ok like Kelly, but they're being hesitant with him for whatever reason. I'm certainly not a play the kids and feed them to wolves type, by Worrell is an odd outlier to what we've been doing with the others.
Nicks keeps on saying Worrel is putting up his hand, well that can get demoralising after a while.

Nicks keeps on saying Worrel is putting up his hand, well that can get demoralising after a while.
Unfortunately for Nicks you can't always wait for someone to put there's down to make a change. Kelly hasn't done anything wrong to lose his spot, but at this point they need to ID every guy they think will be a best 22 in 3-4 years time and get games into them now if they're showing they're capable of it, of which I think Worrell is the most obvious choice not getting that treatment at this point.

If we're selecting Kelly there's no reason we can't select Worrell to replace him.
I disagree ....we have a lot of running defensive players, and not a lot of lockdown defenders; Kelly and Brown the only two

I do think we're going in short against Port, but that's probably weather related

Worrell will get his chance soon enough

Yeah I’m baffled by this selection. Don’t understand DMac, Hately omission instead of Berry, going in fairly small with the exclusion of Murray, and going in super tall which hasn’t worked for us at all this season.

Very weird.
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cos our selection committee are made up of idiots.

The 4 talls worked in 2017 and we still refuse to admit that was purely on personal and its not even a remotely viable strategy.

The small defense is also just baffling, alongside not giving Murray any chance to settle.

We're certainly starting to show some signs that we've got one plan and cannot deviate from it.

Our selection committee are made up of idiots.

Why drop Hatley, give the kid a chance in multiple games, not just 2 and I see Fog has gone back to being our yoyo selection again

Can anyone explain why Rowe has been given a block of games despite not performing but the same selection integrity does not apply to Hately?

Irrelevant

Our coaches have taken those three positives who've shown they can play at the level and reduced them to the point that they aren't in our 22

Coaches are responsible for developing players and ours are regressing.

It's simple

Mackay - 233 games of AFL

Worrell - 0 games of AFL

Yep, our selection committee are made up of idiots.

Murray out is a bit odd considering Dixon Marshall and Georgiadies. Doedee as the chb didn’t work so why not leave him to his intercepting game that’s he’s very good at?

Except for those times we didn't do that

Yes he has underperformed. That alone doesn't explain why he specifically got the chop while Rowe survives.

And that's my problem with these selections. There is no clear strategy at all. Some players are in the "favorites" group, and take a lot to remove them. Others get dropped on a hair trigger. Some players get a huge block of games. Others get one game then dropped. One week we're going tall in defense. Another week it's small. Some weeks we make like-for-like changes, other weeks it's random.

The lack of a clear strategy for developing players is a concern in a supposed "development" year

We absolutely f’ed if Butts goes down early.... Why on earth are we only playing one tall defender against Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades??? Are we trying to lose?? What are we trying to achieve keeping MacKay who can not defend in the side over Worrall who would match up nicely on Georgiades??? Seriously??? WHY are we so dumb???

Good - McAdam out / Fogarty in / Hamill in.

Bad - Hately out / Mackay stays.

Hopefully Himmelberg goes back, or we look totally unbalanced.

Once again, I feel there is a clear and consistent demonstration of our lack of system, structure and plan when it comes to player selection and development.

Of course because our selection committee are made up of idiots.

Jimmy Rowe staying in the team stinks a bit too

Of course it does because our selection committee are made up of idiots.

Which part of it?

You cannot possibly look at the consistent selection methods over the last 24 months and state that we have a clear plan and player development strategy.

We don't have a selection method because our selection committee are made up of idiots.

We are just allergic to making good decisions regularly. Always two steps forward, three steps back.

Yep, everyone say it with me "our selection committee are made up of idiots"

Most people are "pissy" because of the lack of balance in the structure. Only 1 KPD and a heap of tall forwards.

Seems so obvious to us but our selection committee are made up of idiots.

How many coaches have picked him?

A heap and they have all* been sacked for being incompetent at their jobs.

I wonder what the common denominator has been? Who have appointed these "coaches"?

Unfortunately for Nicks you can't always wait for someone to put there's down to make a change. Kelly hasn't done anything wrong to lose his spot, but at this point they need to ID every guy they think will be a best 22 in 3-4 years time and get games into them now if they're showing they're capable of it, of which I think Worrell is the most obvious choice not getting that treatment at this point.
Agree that Kelly and Seed are playing for their lives so his moving into first 22 is the hardest out of any debutant

I disagree ....we have a lot of running defensive players, and not a lot of lockdown defenders; Kelly and Brown the only two

I do think we're going in short against Port, but that's probably weather related

We don’t have defensive chops, for a dire game. We want shootouts. Lockdowns with no attacking fervour set us backwards.

Have we ever done this during the season?

That is to say, drop an incumbent senior player half way through the season to accommodate a future player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks, at selection: "Gonna be slippery on Saturday night, if not wet. Let's go small in the backline and tall up forward, again."
The rest: "Three bags full, huzzah!".

At another club maybe.

GROTTO

Fogarty paying $76 for 4 or more goals, $101 for 5 or more goals. No McAdam, might play a lot up forward.

What I don't get is if you multi both it pays $801, wtf?
Correct when you multi some of these bets you can place them. So to answer your question, yes you Ken.

It may lead to a ban if you win, but from what I have heard it hasnt so far with a few punters I have conversed with!

I will be happy if the entire Crows team kick 5 goals tomorrow. :$

Correct when you multi some of these bets you can place them. So to answer your question, yes you Ken.

It may lead to a ban if you win, but from what I have heard it hasnt so far with a few punters I have conversed with!

I will be happy if the entire Crows team kick 5 goals tomorrow. :$

So they will pay it out? Then ban you? I'm fine with that, haha.

4 goals now showing as $71.

Has anyone actually looked at the weather forecast? It will be dry a couple of hours before the game starts. Even then, there’s not a lot of rain forecast anyway. It will be a normal dewy night game.
Weather gauge doesn’t count for much.
Intent gauge counts for everything.

So they will pay it out? Then ban you? I'm fine with that, haha.

4 goals now showing as $71.
They do pay it out, whether they ban or limit you, that Im not sure.

Ive been limited with few betting books in Australia, Im banned from Ladbrokes, limited with Sportsbet and Pointsbet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back