Autopsy Losing a home game at the Gabba - round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

After that 2nd quarter I feared another blow out like last week.

It wasn't.

We fought on well, and I thought some of our players dug in and played well in the second half.

Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy, Logue, Serong, Aish, Blakely, Colyer, Cox and Crowden can all rest their heads tonight.

Clearly, we're still carrying some WAFL standard players, and I'm not sure how you let Rich get 31 off half back but I'll let others figure that out.

Taberner was clearly not 100%, but who do we bring in to rest him?

Looking forward to seeing how they respond next week against Essendon.

If there’s any integrity at all around selection Acres and Lobb HAVE to be dropped.
Weak as piss. Don’t want to hear excuses about structure, or coaching or any other bullshit reasons why they should play next week.
They lack one simple ingredient - hardness.
You can’t manufacture it either, you’ve either got it or you don’t, and they don’t, full stop.

This year we aren't playing finals so time to dig in and develop our players. I would love to see:
- Meek play and Darcy forward
- Lobb in defence(?)
- Treacy and Henry in to continue to build on their games
- Add Western to the 22
- Tucker to the wing and Cerra back into the mid

If there’s any integrity at all around selection Acres and Lobb HAVE to be dropped.
Weak as piss. Don’t want to hear excuses about structure, or coaching or any other bullshit reasons why they should play next week.
They lack one simple ingredient - hardness.
You can’t manufacture it either, you’ve either got it or you don’t, and they don’t, full stop.

Lobb was ok. Plenty worse than him today.

Way too many intercept marks with our transition. This needs to be looked at.
Poor/lazy defensive pressure by the forwards and midfield today put the very undermanned defenders in an even harder position than they should of been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra, Ryan, Pearce and Switta all a chance to play next week. Should improve us quite a bit.
Easily. Need line in the sand style droppings. Aish, Acres have been poor off the wing. Schulz has played a magical act and disappeared completely. He’s definitely out for Switter, if we’re serious as a team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back