Preview Round 10, 2021: Carlton v Hawthorn, 22 May 2021, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid nineties? It was in round 2 Apri 12th 1969. I was there as well, but didn't care about the score line, only cared that Peter Crimmins, (my hero) kicked 2 goals. One from the perfect rovers goals crumming in the goal square.

*my son bought me Crimmo for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Arrived today.

Fair enough, I didn't go to that one. I distinctly remember a game in the mid nineties at PP where we got creamed by 100 plus points too and I don't want to relive it that is for sure.

Injury list - Round 10

Shaun Burgoyne - Ankle - Test
Jack Gunston - Back spasms – TBC
Denver Grainger-Barras - Knee - 1-2 weeks
Lachie Bramble - Hamstring - 2-3 weeks
Will Day - Ankle - 2-3 weeks

James Sicily - ACL - Indefinite
Seamus Mitchell - Ankle - Indefinite

They’re getting closer to a return. Expect all three to play in the second half of the year.

Fair enough, I didn't go to that one. I distinctly remember a game in the mid nineties at PP where we got creamed by 100 plus points too and I don't want to relive it that is for sure.
The game you're thinking of is probably Round 10, 1995, where Carlton kicked 26.16.172 to Hawthorn 10.10.70, where Mil Hannah, Stephen Kernahan and Brad Pearce all kicked 5 goals.

The game mentioned earlier was round 2 1969 where Carlton scored 30.30.210 (then the league record) where Carlton had 8 multiple goal kickers. It was my first ever game live.

Mid nineties? It was in round 2 Apri 12th 1969. I was there as well, but didn't care about the score line, only cared that Peter Crimmins, (my hero) kicked 2 goals. One from the perfect rovers goals crumming in the goal square.

I was a kid and was playing a few doors down with a couple of Carlton supporters.
Their mum came out and said that Carlton had kicked 30 goals against Hawthorn.

They mocked me about Hawthorn losing so badly. I was humiliated and went home hating
Carlton. Nothing has changed since then. I still hate them!

The game you're thinking of is probably Round 10, 1995, where Carlton kicked 26.16.172 to Hawthorn 10.10.70, where Mil Hannah, Stephen Kernahan and Brad Pearce all kicked 5 goals.

The game mentioned earlier was round 2 1969 where Carlton scored 30.30.210 (then the league record) where Carlton had 8 multiple goal kickers. It was my first ever game live.

yep, I was there in 1995, that was my last game before going overseas for three years. Good timing on my part. No internet etc at that time and 1 hour of AFL reply a week in the UK. as the hawks were crap, not many times did we feature. The odd VHS tape sent from oz kept us AFL supporters sane.

the wheel turned for us (slowly) after this time and will again turn slowly, keep the faith hawkers.

Second game live for the season for me. Have been to eight games against Carlton in the last dozen odd years with a Carlton supporter and we've never been to a game Hawthorn has lost. He smells blood in the water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sh*t grumbles how old are you?

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the replacement game tickets?
I got an email saying there are still some available, however when I went to purchase them they are all forcing me to pay for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back