Preview RND 15 - Carlton vs Adelaide (Crom) - Sunday June 27th 4:10pm (EST) @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #762

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody explain to me Curnows role in the team currently?

He provides value still when he’s playing as an inside midfielder/tagger however seeing as he no longer seems to get given that role I can no longer have him in the side. Unfortunately he can’t play any other roles for the side

Curnow is one of three (Walsh and Cripps) who can actually win the football consistently - whether it be in space or contested. Sure, his disposal is very inconsistent , but the alternative is a dozen touches from Setterfield/Dow with half the defensive input.

We’ve botched the midfield and we’re going to pay for it until the youngsters develop or we recruit genuine ball winners.

FWIW, I agree and I’d play him on Sloane this week (as a tagger), but I can see why he’s in the team.

If Ramsay was held out of the VFL as an emergency, then he needs to play AFL next week.

Out: Walsh

send him to a good club before we ruin him

in: another spirit crushing loss

That was exactly the case for Marc Murphy, then Copland almost ruined his AFL career, but he soldiered on to become a champion of the club.
Character is so important in a player and for his team, Sam showed grit and got on with it, just as Marc did back then.

Curnow is one of three (Walsh and Cripps) who can actually win the football consistently - whether it be in space or contested. Sure, his disposal is very inconsistent , but the alternative is a dozen touches from Setterfield/Dow with half the defensive input.

We’ve botched the midfield and we’re going to pay for it until the youngsters develop or we recruit genuine ball winners.

FWIW, I agree and I’d play him on Sloane this week (as a tagger), but I can see why he’s in the team.

If Ramsay was held out of the VFL as an emergency, then he needs to play AFL next week.

I’d definitely play Marc Murphy, my first option for a small, he won’t fumble, has a beautiful kick & good footy IQ.

thats my point though, he’s currently not playing that role. I agree if he’s a tagger or playing as an inside mid he should remain in the side, however the coaching group seem to have decided the last few weeks that he no longer will be and sits on a flank instead.

Curnow’s last 2 weeks:
v Eagles. 10 touches, 5 contested possessions, 0 clearances, 3 tackles
v Giants. 13 touches. 3 contests possessions, 0 clearances, 3 tackles.

If that’s the kind of output we get from Curnow moving forward he can’t remain in the side. And I’m an Ed Curnow fan. So he either gets played as a tagger/ basically full time inside mid or he’s gotta get dropped

Williamson in for Newman would be a good start. LOB for Docherty, Murphy and SPS in for Curnow and Betts. Plowman for Parks. Honey for Martin. Anyone for Newnes.

MC won't drop Pittonet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put this down as another loss straight away....

I can't even watch the games anymore as it is soul destroying...

After over 15 years of paid membership from Brisbane...I won't be renewing my membership anymore if Teague is still coaching after we lose this game too.

I just can't do it anymore...

On moto g(6) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't go near Setterfield prefer to push Stocker into the middle beautiful kick hard as nails swapping with SPS at half forward .
We need to get better ball users into the guts delivering forward .
Stockers pass to Owies deep is what we need more of .
SPS can get the ball if given the opportunity in the middle was also averaging 4.5 tackles a game before his shift to defence .

Levi has to come in, we have no one else that can play forward/ruck. Prefer Pittonet out.

SPS in too, play him in the midfield.

Honey as well, he’s a bit of a bull with speed and X factor that we desperately need.

In the coming weeks would like to see Jack Carroll (he’s got it) and Kemp in.

Would then love to see Charlie and GOV in for the last 3 - 4 weeks of the year and see how we go with the big 3 in the forward line.

Ins: Murph (copped his medicine and responded), Honey, Plow and Cas

Outs: Martin (really poor last last night) Parks (inj), Pitto, Newman.

Outs continued: our defensive game plan, clearly we need to make our mids and attacking backs more accountable and throw out the window the Teague love/ mantra of “making the ground really small” by pushing up to high when defending, kills us time and time again. Our defensive set point is way to aggressive and our first thought needs to be defend, not attack and that it’s ok to sag off defensively to ensure we don’t scored against so easily / heavily. Also feel that in instances like last night we need to know when our zone defense is not working and flick to a one on one structure, embarrassing how easily and often they out worked our zone defense.

Why does Dow play the least minutes?
Played 63%
Fitness or because he cannot impact the game unless it’s at a centre bounce?
Chicken/Egg
Either way it’s pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not so sure it's fitness anymore. I think when things aren't going 'our way' the coach leans more and more on the senior players, doubles down on their plans and that forces the secondary rotations to the bench for longer than usual...

I think that's also evident in the press conferences and the way we have played all season. Teague's response to system failures seems to be to double down. As it was with picking injured players, double down and keep them in the team out of stubbornness and refusal to back down from a mistake.

I can understand people wanting to replace the likes of Newman, but my thoughts are more to do with why he was given the task on Greene, which I believe is a poor matchup strategy

If people are still adamant with replacing Newman, perhaps ask, who was on Finlayson

The likes of Newman and or Doc should be used as that +1 one intercept player, rather than Williams or Williamson as we did earlier in the year

Will share more on where I think Teague, coaches and players are at, later, but this gameplan/style currently being adopted and how it's evolved is fraudulent and selfish.

We had only 3 less entries, scored similar in % of shots, (1 less shot), yet never looked like winning. These numbers aren't the reason, but they justify the vision

It's like under 12's footy, kick long into the 50, rather than sharing with teammates in a better position, try the impossible shot from the boundary, rather than hitting a player in a better position

If it were up to me, I'd drop Kennedy too

Liked your post but just can't agree with this. He brought an intensity and willingness to the contest that few of his peers brought yesterday. The difference really stood out at times.

And I'm well and truly at the point where I'd rather see lesser-lights who give a s**t over talent that is either injured or not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back