Preview Brisbane v Adelaide Preview No Divine intervention Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a virtual zero case strategy going to be sustainable long term?
No.

Originally it was all about flattening the curve, minimising deaths and having enough ICU 's to cater for the (originally) anticipated huge case load of critically ill.

Somehow it's morphed into an unofficial elimination strategy with opportunistic state governments feeding fear and paranoia .

As long as repatriating Australians from overseas continues, this thing is going to find its way into the community.

So no, unless attitudes from our political masters change, we are going to continue on this crazy merry go round indefinitely

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Originally it was all about flattening the curve, minimising deaths and having enough ICU 's to cater for the (originally) anticipated huge case load of critically ill.

Somehow it's morphed into an unofficial elimination strategy with opportunistic state governments feeding fear and paranoia .

As long as repatriating Australians from overseas continues, this thing is going to find its way into the community.

So no, unless attitudes from our political masters change, we are going to continue on this crazy merry go round indefinitely

Not only repatriating Australians coming and going, this from the SRP board >

Genomic sequencing has linked the Princes Charles Hospital worker in Brisbane back to a returned traveller who was diagnosed with the Covid-19 Delta variant.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles lashed out at Prime Minister Scott Morrison's returned traveller rules after revealing this traveller has been allowed to leave the country to visit Indonesia "repeatedly".
"They had been allowed to come and go between Australia and Indonesia repeatedly throughout this pandemic by the Morrison government. They are not vaccinated. And have been through our hotel quarantine several times," he said.
"ABS data, the Federal Government's own data, confirms that thousands of people are being allowed to travel here who are not stranded Aussies. These are not Australian citizens or permanent residents. But every week 600 UK citizens arrive in Australia. 500 Chinese citizens. More than 300 Indonesians. More than 250 people from the United States. More than 200 people from the Philippines. 115 people from South Africa."
Mr Miles pointed out that it is not known how many of these people are vaccinated, adding it is likely many of them will be diagnosed with Covid-19.
"The borders are not genuinely closed
. And these travellers are displacing Australians who are genuinely stranded overs, genuinely trying to get home," he said.
"I note they have directed the Bureau of Statistics to stop now reporting this data. So from next month onwards, we will not know how many people they are allowing in breach of our closed borders."
This is the Federal Government's own data."

No.

A friend and I were talking about this and she came up with what I thought was a great idea......massively expand the quarantine setup in the NT, only allow however many people it will take, back into the country, they quarantine there for say 2wks then go on their way home, then let in another lot and so on. It's that or not at all.

No more planes from overseas to the rest of the country. Its the only way to contain and rid ourselves of the virus.

No.

We clearly need to change, but I think the current response is the direct result of it being the Indian variant. The stats out of India were horrifying and have scared the government. I don't think it will be the last either, this is going to continue to mutate and scare governments.

Vaccine is the only way out ATM, and that's a work not really in progress yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Adelaide want to travel to Ballarat though Lions have played there before not sure Adelaide has and the game is obviously a 12pm game because of bad light means one game would likely be swapped
They have, they got absolutely pumped there from the Bulldogs.

Why isn’t the Doggies v Kangaroos game scheduled in Ballarat then considering it’s a Doggies home game it makes more sense
Because their main home ground is Marvel, they could potentially still move that game to Mars but unlikely because thats currently the only game at Marvel scheduled for Sunday.

Last edited:
A friend and I were talking about this and she came up with what I thought was a great idea......massively expand the quarantine setup in the NT, only allow however many people it will take, back into the country, they quarantine there for say 2wks then go on their way home, then let in another lot and so on. It's that or not at all.

No more planes from overseas to the rest of the country. Its the only way to contain and rid ourselves of the virus.

That would make it harder to blame the states for any outbreak and by extension harder to keep certain hands lily-white when he most likely has an election later in the year.

Is a virtual zero case strategy going to be sustainable long term?
Good question. Wouldn’t it be great to have an elected offical in control of the country, who could articulate our plan to get out of the current situation. You know he could share a road map out that might have things in it like a clear and urgent plan to roll out vaccines, a plan to get stranded Australians home (rather than rich non-citizens) and a fit for purpose quarantine strategy. But hey it’s not a race, he’s only had 18 months.

Ps I hate the way the the virus has been politicised, but I didn’t start it.

Jason mp
Going off topic although been looking at ABS for months.
Friend of someone I know been in and out for work think 4-5 times. He is over hotels. Although has to. Not been great on family as well

I say we play at the Rat and suck it up and win it.
Cannot see anyone doing double headers with the cleaning in-between.
Although 4 interstate clubs and allow people to stay for both.. Which might be an idea 20k between both matches
Lots go to both games in Geelong
Sydney vs Eagles
Crows vs Lions

Anywhere but Ballarat. It'll be freezing . Probably wet. And probably windy.

We'll beat them there but I'm mainly worried about injuries. Injuries can occur anywhere but the conditions are magnified in Ballarat.

It does seem though that we'll get the short straw and have to go there.

Ballarat weather over the weekend. Be a big change from Brisbane.. Even Adelaide
Hope we brought some long sleeve jumpers.. Cats player had long sleeve and then a short over it the other night
1625037666056.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back