Preview Brisbane v Adelaide Preview No Divine intervention Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems with the game being held at the Adelaide oval. Would probably be a less hostile home crowd there than what we could expect from the locals at GMHBA given what we did to the cats last weekend ;)

Ballarat doesn't phase me at all, wouldn't be a late arvo game though would it? Isn't it like the dark side of the moon with insufficient lighting? Would have to be in the 1pm - 2pm slot.
It seems the motivation in flying the SA teams to Melbourne is precautionary as mentioned yesterday due to the SA Govt giving no warnings as to when they may close/open borders to other states.
Most of our team would prefer to play this game anywhere except Ballarat but if Ballarat is the chosen venue it shouldn't change the result in anyone's favor so I guess its up to whether SA Govt leave the border open or close it before the scheduled game time.

Apparently Lachie Neale now has a minor calf strain, could be 2-3 weeks out :(

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is faking it to avoid the chance of travelling to Ballarat. Smart boy.

Downer Oval? If there's no crowds allowed. Would would picturesque on TV with the ocean in the background.

So you'd assume now Birchall for Madden and Matho for Neale

Still wouldn't mind TBerry for Kiddy

If its not played at Adelaide Oval, Ikon Park seems the ideal option. We've already trained there yesterday.
Icon also has poor lighting. Even the preseason game we played there last year in twilight had temporary lighting and was a bit iffy.

But it would suit me a little more than Geelong or Ballarat. I have no problem with playing there, it just might be hard logistically on such short notice for me to get there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Icon also has poor lighting. Even the preseason game we played there last year in twilight had temporary lighting and was a bit iffy.

But it would suit me a little more than Geelong or Ballarat. I have no problem with playing there, it just might be hard logistically on such short notice for me to get there
There could be a possibility they move it forward to a afternoon time slot.

They've just announced Freo Carlton will be a double header at the MCG, so would have to be at Marvel or GMHBA. Seems more like they'll do fly in fly out of Adelaide after 0 new cases in SA.

We'll have Marvel now which is good enough. Avoids Ballarat.

Sorry Macmum not having a go at you personally but this infuriates me.

I was stranded overseas. We were told originally if we were working, and safe etc to stay where we were. We had jobs, lives etc overseas and couldn’t just pack up and go any way.

Personally trying to get home was one of the most trying times ever. Made to feel like pariahs for attempting to return to our own country. The simpletons online who stated the “well you should have come home earlier” nonsense used to grind my gears.

People are finally realising that it’s not as simple as that. If you’ve got jobs overseas, homes, contracts, mortgages, kids in school etc, you often can’t just drop everything and come home at a moment’s notice. You may not have a job to return to over here. You may not have lived in Australia for years. What if you’ve got no where to live on your return?

In many cases people haven’t even planned to come home but they’ve had relatives end of life or die in Australia or they’ve needed healthcare not provided for or available outside of Australia etc. Or they have recently lost their jobs and not entitled to any further support. Situations change.

Attempting to get home was heart breaking. Our “national airline” shut up shop. We had no idea one hour from the next whether our flights were going ahead. I personally had 3 flights cancelled. Two within 8 hours of the departure time. We had to fight with other returning citizens (note: not “travellers” as the media use) to buy two of the rapidly dwindling business class flights for the cost of a car or house deposit just to return to our own country. It was a case of highest bidder wins. Some families have had to fork over $50k plus to get home. Caps are cut and flights are cancelled as soon as premiers feel one case means the situation is getting out of control.

We were frontline health care workers over there. We all caught COVID. We were lucky we had somewhere to stay after we quit our jobs. We were the fortunate ones. There are a lot of people overseas who’s contracts or visas have expired, or their rental contracts have finished, and they are having to live without an income while essentially homeless as their government denies them the right to return home. We are the only country in the world doing so. Some young families pack up everything and are turned away at the airport check in desk as you are never guaranteed a flight until you are actually in the air. These people have literally packed up everything, and are turned away at bag drop. These people are not granted any financial support from the Aus government because they are overseas. The solution if you are in this situation: dig into your super.

The way ScoMo and our premier in particular have handled this situation is absolutely disgusting. Easy way to win votes by lifting a force field up around the border and claim they “kept everyone safe”. And the morons who read the Courier Mail, wear ugg boots to medical appointments, own a Broncos bumper sticker and a southern cross tat, and never leave their suburb lap it up. “Close the borders completely”. “Shut everyone out”..

The politicising of this whole situation is revolting. Look at how they have gone after this poor 19 year old. Soon her photo will be spread all over the news.

Ironically if they got stranded citizens home sooner (note: not “travellers”), we’d be better placed to deal with these new variants. “Zero cases” is a ridiculous position.

Any way, massive rant over… Carry on.

This is all well and good but more than 50% are not Australian citizens, in your case no one would begrudge you for coming home, what about the other 50%!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back