Preview Brisbane v Adelaide Preview No Divine intervention Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh… They are directly related in this context. Play on!
I disagree - I have no interest in your politics or any other BigFooty posters political leanings or views on ScoMo or Dan or whoever and I am sure my views would have just as much potential to derail. Lets just keep to footy and the Lions and leave politics and religion for another site otherwise every thread has the potential to be derailed big time. Alternatively, let the Mods open up a thread for that stuff and I can choose to ignore.

I disagree - I have no interest in your politics or any other BigFooty posters political leanings or views on ScoMo or Dan or whoever and I am sure my views would have just as much potential to derail. Lets just keep to footy and the Lions and leave politics and religion for another site otherwise every thread has the potential to be derailed big time. Alternatively, let the Mods open up a thread for that stuff and I can choose to ignore.

Often threads go off on tangents that don’t personally interest me either.

I find it a lot easier to skim forward than expend energy getting on a soapbox about it and expecting the mods to prune and sculpt the thread perfectly to the point where everything is exactly as I like it.

COVID is impacting the game to a large degree at the moment, and comments over decisions made by state and federal governments are going to occur from time to time.

Flick that mouse wheel down a couple of millimetres and your worries are over.

Often threads go off on tangents that don’t personally interest me either.

I find it a lot easier to skim forward than expend energy getting on a soapbox about it and expecting the mods to prune and sculpt the thread perfectly to the point where everything is exactly as I like it.

COVID is impacting the game to a large degree at the moment, and comments over decisions made by state and federal governments are going to occur from time to time.

Flick that mouse wheel down a couple of millimetres and your worries are over.

Happy to 'flick my mouse' but there is a designated Thread for Politics and Religion and that seems like a logical thing to support and encourage.

This is all well and good but more than 50% are not Australian citizens, in your case no one would begrudge you for coming home, what about the other 50%!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Man I want to say something mean here.

A lot of these “people” are the, husbands and wives, or parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents.

I was hugging my crying wife (who is not a citizen or permanent resident yet) less than an hour ago, because her mum hadn’t answered the phone yet today, and didn’t wear her fitbit to bed (my wife checks her mum’s sleep online every morning before starting work).

My mother in law is not well at the moment and there’s nothing we can do. (She finally answered the phone today)

It’s insensitive ****ers who can’t think beyond their big toe that really **** me off about all this nonsense.

I would empty my life savings to bring my mother in law over here right now. And that would be on top of the $50k+ we’ve already payed to begin the process of getting her visa started once my wife’s residency visa is approved.

Oh, few of those non citizens amongst those stats you’re so blithely quoting play for our men’s and women’s teams.

****ing numpty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to 'flick my mouse' but there is a designated Thread for Politics and Religion and that seems like a logical thing to support and encourage.

Well, generally that is for political discussions that are inherently political. Not for political comments that organically spun out of a football related discussion.

A forum is a conversational outlet. Picture it as a bunch of people at the pub who know each other because of football. It doesn’t mean that conversational tangents won’t happen.

I guess you better demand that all of the Brisbane Bullets posts that just happened should get moved to the General Sports thread.

In any case, there have been quite a few posts critical of Dan Andrews here that didn’t cause any derailments or concern about going “off-topic”. One Morrison related post however and look where we are.

I won’t go as far as to suggest your motivations are as apolitical as you claim to be, but I will suggest that you making it “a thing” is what has made it a thing.

84C76422-1C0B-4CE7-B844-28BDFBCC58AD.jpeg

Well, generally that is for political discussions that are inherently political. Not for political comments that organically spun out of a football related discussion.

A forum is a conversational outlet. Picture it as a bunch of people at the pub who know each other because of football. It doesn’t mean that conversational tangents won’t happen.

I guess you better demand that all of the Brisbane Bullets posts that just happened should get moved to the General Sports thread.

In any case, there have been quite a few posts critical of Dan Andrews here that didn’t cause any derailments or concern about going “off-topic”. One Morrison related post however and look where we are.

I won’t go as far as to suggest your motivations are as apolitical as you claim to be, but I will suggest that you making it “a thing” is what has made it a thing.

View attachment 1168336
Lets just agree to disagree without the condescending lecture!

Man I want to say something mean here.

A lot of these “people” are the, husbands and wives, or parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents.

I was hugging my crying wife (who is not a citizen or permanent resident yet) less than an hour ago, because her mum hadn’t answered the phone yet today, and didn’t wear her fitbit to bed (my wife checks her mum’s sleep online every morning before starting work).

My mother in law is not well at the moment and there’s nothing we can do. (She finally answered the phone today)

It’s insensitive ****ers who can’t think beyond their big toe that really **** me off about all this nonsense.

I would empty my life savings to bring my mother in law over here right now. And that would be on top of the $50k+ we’ve already payed to begin the process of getting her visa started once my wife’s residency visa is approved.

Oh, few of those non citizens amongst those stats you’re so blithely quoting play for our men’s and women’s teams.

****ing numpty.

That's tough man. I hope it all gets sorted for you.

I think we need to remember that whatever one thinks about the rights or wrongs of others actions at the end of the day they're all human beings just doing their best with whatever cards they've been dealt.

That's tough man. I hope it all gets sorted for you.

I think we need to remember that whatever one thinks about the rights or wrongs of others actions at the end of the day they're all human beings just doing their best with whatever cards they've been dealt.
Cheers martinson. Our case isn’t that isolated. There are dozens of families in similar situations at my work and our daughters daycare.

As of the last census, more than 50% of Australians were either born overseas, or have at least one parent who was born overseas.

So there are going to hundreds of thousands of Australian families who have close family overseas.

There are over 100,000 people living in Australia right now waiting on a permanent residency visa. If they leave Australia, they can’t get back in.

Many are married or in relationships with children.

Many are going to have lost parents or brothers or sisters, and can’t leave Australia.

It’s a shitty situation, but there are people here who don’t know, or care to know, why non Australians are allowed in to the country.

I’m pretty sure there’s very few tourists amongst them.

View attachment 1168336

My rule of scrolling thumb is when it's a general chat it's fine, but when it gets to a few pages in its time to move the chatter to a different thread. Especially when insults start getting tossed around.

Cheers martinson. Our case isn’t that isolated. There are dozens of families in similar situations at my work and our daughters daycare.

As of the last census, more than 50% of Australians were either born overseas, or have at least one parent who was born overseas.

So there are going to hundreds of thousands of Australian families who have close family overseas.

There are over 100,000 people living in Australia right now waiting on a permanent residency visa. If they leave Australia, they can’t get back in.

Many are married or in relationships with children.

Many are going to have lost parents or brothers or sisters, and can’t leave Australia.

It’s a shitty situation, but there are people here who don’t know, or care to know, why non Australians are allowed in to the country.

I’m pretty sure there’s very few tourists amongst them.

Worth noting that yesterday's furore over the people entering australia did not exclude NZ tourists who legally came here within the travel bubble. That is perfectly legitimate travel.

Noting the comparative risk for Australians overseas versus here we have done far too little to support them and give them an option to return home.

Worth noting that yesterday's furore over the people entering australia did not exclude NZ tourists who legally came here within the travel bubble. That is perfectly legitimate travel.

Noting the comparative risk for Australians overseas versus here we have done far too little to support them and give them an option to return home.
Man I didn’t even think of the NZ tourists.

If they’re included, that pretty disingenuous of all involved who got on tv to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back