Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked pretty good yesterday, I'd definitely be keen to see him get a taste in the senior team before end of the year. Flipping the bird to the crowd only enhances that belief!

He looks a good player.
But a year in the weights and VFL will do him good.
I'd be doing that with all our kids. I really don't see the benefit in exposing them early. Let them entrench their swagger in a league where they can swagger, rather than forcing them to be inadequate at AFL - which most of them will be.

I'd like to see a week or two more in the VFL but you would like to think he will debut before seasons end.
Looks lively and brings energy and spirit and an excellent finisher.

Doesn't look a wrecking ball tackling machine but i'd hope we value the ability to kick goals highly.

From the 4 goal Sandy game i'd temper it a fraction. My recollection may be distorted, but i recall 2 free kicks, an off the ground from a meter out among his 4. If he continues with 3 or 4 each week at the lower level he will get a spot very soon no doubt.

I'd like to see a week or two more in the VFL but you would like to think he will debut before seasons end.
Looks lively and brings energy and spirit and an excellent finisher.

Doesn't look a wrecking ball tackling machine but i'd hope we value the ability to kick goals highly.

From the 4 goal Sandy game i'd temper it a fraction. My recollection may be distorted, but i recall 2 free kicks, an off the ground from a meter out among his 4. If he continues with 3 or 4 each week at the lower level he will get a spot very soon no doubt.

Heh, he is known to have an uncanny ability to draw frees.

I can't remember the first, but that second free kick he got was a howler of an umpiring decision. Not only will he have to face better defenders in the AFL, but also better umpires.

He has mastered the Joel Selwood arm lift in a tackle
Funny you should say that --

The term ‘natural footballer’ gets thrown around from time to time, and it is fair to say that Ginnivan fits the mould. Outgoing Bendigo Pioneers’ Talent Manager Steve Sharp described Ginnivan as having traits similar to Joel Selwood in the way he was able to draw free kicks at the stoppages. Not a knock on the way he goes about it, but more having the smarts to know when and where the contact was coming, and being able to win the ball from an otherwise 50/50 situation. Without a doubt if he had played this year, Ginnivan would have spent more time up the ground, particularly in the midfield, and even, as Sharp eluded to, at half-back.

Funny you should say that --

The term ‘natural footballer’ gets thrown around from time to time, and it is fair to say that Ginnivan fits the mould. Outgoing Bendigo Pioneers’ Talent Manager Steve Sharp described Ginnivan as having traits similar to Joel Selwood in the way he was able to draw free kicks at the stoppages. Not a knock on the way he goes about it, but more having the smarts to know when and where the contact was coming, and being able to win the ball from an otherwise 50/50 situation. Without a doubt if he had played this year, Ginnivan would have spent more time up the ground, particularly in the midfield, and even, as Sharp eluded to, at half-back.

Stop it, my love for him is already high, now it's through the roof. But in all honesty my friends in recruiting at under 18's level tell me he could be anything but will need a couple of years to really hit his straps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop it, my love for him is already high, now it's through the roof. But in all honesty my friends in recruiting at under 18's level tell me he could be anything but will need a couple of years to really hit his straps
Which aligns with our timeline for our re-build perfectly. I think he is gonna be a good player for us.

We played Brad Dick who did well when fit and was half his size.

Give him a go - he is also $102,400 in Supercoach so would solve a problem or two for me there 😉

Apparently it's only Cox and Ginni across the league who draw frees and score from them....

Earned a game on recent form and we are missing McCreery, hope he gets a run.

But fear we may play C. Brown in a forward pocket!

He’s looking good as an opportunistic forwards, a player that takes his chances. You need those in a side.

The year off to play netball screams of poor work ethic, his coach alluded to some attitude related flaws that he sort of fobbed off as… you know we embrace different players. Could be another Stevo. Hope I’m wrong, and he has a long and prosperous career at the pies…and the year off playing netball for him motivated to play footy.

He’s looking good as an opportunistic forwards, a player that takes his chances. You need those in a side.

The year off to play netball screams of poor work ethic, his coach alluded to some attitude related flaws that he sort of fobbed off as… you know we embrace different players. Could be another Stevo. Hope I’m wrong, and he has a long and prosperous career at the pies…and the year off playing netball for him motivated to play footy.

Now now, Maynard played volleyball, we cant discrimate. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back