News Clarkson news, media etc - he’s off into the Sunset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be, but I'd be no better than Caro et all to speculate and again I reiterate this intel is from an unreliable source, the same source who recently told me Burgoyne would announce his retirement at his 400th game! Anyway, whoever or not it maybe, is obviously not aware of the fact your phone records can be easily retrieved - and moreover, if you work in the footy department your phone is actually club property.....

Last edited:
Could be, but I'd be no better than Caro et all to speculate and again I reiterate this intel is from an unreliable source, the same source who recently told me Burgoyne would announce his retirement at his 400th game! Anyway, whoever it maybe, is obviously not aware of the fact your phone records can be easily retrieved...

I don't believe it. The odds of there being someone so involved in the workings of the footy department, close the people involved and still launching those hand grenades is very small. I say nah. It's friends, relations, twice removed from the action types. A little Chinese whispers and there you go.

There’s no other way to see it other than the club (led by Jeff) has handled this poorly. Clarko deserved better but it is what it is and it has been done.

It’s impossible to tell if it was the right call, who knows what the next 4-5 years under Clarko would have looked like… if it didn’t bring success and Mitch was coaching well elsewhere, we would be cursing the club for not having the balls to make the tough call. I’m 100% behind the club, what choice do we have as loyal supporters. I’m excited to see what the next phase under Mitch looks like, I’m excited to see what we do in the upcoming drafts and to see the kids we have continue to develop.

Go you Hawks!!

I don't believe it. The odds of there being someone so involved in the workings of the footy department, close the people involved and still launching those hand grenades is very small. I say nah. It's friends, relations, twice removed from the action types. A little Chinese whispers and there you go.

Agree - but the level of detail Caro had about said meeting, 'doesn't usually' arrive via a 3rd party...?

Agree - but the level of detail that Caro had about this meeting, 'doesn't usually' arrive via a 3rd party...?
She called it a mediation session.

It was second/third hand info.

Is it Thursday night already?
:
Teams appear to be out already.

Barrett and the Media : In: Self-righteousness Out: Credibility Substitute: The Truth although not expected to get a run

Hawthorn In: Mitchell (Box Hill) ** Rising star 2023 Out: Clarkson (managed) **Record Breaker : 385 games plus putting the club and the supporter base first Substitute: Kennett pending alternative nomination

Last edited:
How else should it have been handled?

Do you think it’s been handled well? It’s not what I’ve come to expect from our club.

I have no issue with the decision, I just felt the whole announcement and the communication up until yesterday has been pretty average. Which is why we’ve had to listen to so much rubbish from the media. It’s not what I would call ideal.

******* hell...

I just watched two minutes of Barrett, for the first time in years... his smug, ugly head, sitting there pontificating, and I couldn't dignify it anymore...I won't be listening to him again.

There is something about him that makes me feel uncontrollably violent...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She called it a mediation session.

It was second/third hand info.

Just to clarify, I'm not advocating that any Hawks staff member has leaked anything and I would actually be shocked if this was anything more Caro overhearing the newspaper boy say to his boss that Clarkson and Mitchell may have issues...

Sounds like Mitchell’s preference is the current stated handover during or late 2022, but if he were to be made coach before 2022, his preference may be for Clarko not to be ‘around’ in another capacity, which has probably been discussed as a scenario.

Mitch’s interview allows that the board/Kennett may have represented to Clarko and Mitch in different terms, as the meetings seem to have been seperate (nothing wrong with that)

I’m seeing that both Clarko and Mitch see the stated handover as the best for both of them and the club the claim to love. I’m thinking they will give it a red hot go, so hopefully they prevail over wavering forces outside the coaching dept

******* hell...

I just watched two minutes of Barrett, for the first time in years... his smug, ugly head, sitting there pontificating, and I couldn't dignify it anymore...I won't be listening to him again.

Yep, and if 60" flat screen TV's were only $100 to replace, then I'd probably be on my 5th or 6th by now...

Damo and his Camaro - a big muscle car to compensate for a very small other muscle I suggest..?
And what's that string doing hanging off his shirt, oh my mistake - they are his arms...

Damo and Camaro.jpg

Last edited:
******* hell...

I was just thinking last week being quite proud of myself for going this whole season without watching ANY of the talking heads. Still on a roll........ It has definitely reduced my agitation level this year and confident I can make it through!

but if he were to be made coach before 2022, his preference may be for Clarko not to be ‘around’ in another capacity, which has probably been discussed as a scenario.
In his interview on SEN not once did he envisage himself coaching before the 2023 season did he?

I was just thinking last week being quite proud of myself for going this whole season without watching ANY of the talking heads. Still on a roll........ It has definitely reduced my agitation level this year and confident I can make it through!
That's a great effort. I haven't watched or listened to slobbo for I think 7 years now and definitely have a much more positive attitude towards people in general. You must be on top of the world. Well done. It is a joke how poor the footy media generally is when you step away from it for a while then listen in again.

As others might have said - and as was intimated by Sam today, Leading Teams run a pretty good operation. I imagine the question was actually put to him during the process, “would you rather Clarkson not look over you during your transition”.

They ask those kind of questions deliberately to extract the best kind of honesty and transparency from both parties.

N.B - I’m saying this with no inside info, just speculating on how we got to this media cluster*.

I've barely watched any for last 3.or 4 seasons and I have not missed it at all.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everybody here seems to be happy we have sacked AC, so let’s move on.
Not happy about that.
But I am happy that Sam's apprenticeship is moving in the right direction regards handling media.
I honestly hope Clarko retires from coaching at the end of 2022 and takes some time off to reflect on his achievements and then works at AFL in an executive role to make the game better. His wisdom should now benefit all not just one club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back