Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a long term injury at the wrong age.

I've got no doubt he'll bounce back, but he is not indispensable anymore
Yeah, I was just saying that in response to the comments on the Carlton board saying he is a ‘huge’ loss, when ben has proven he can cover for him til he comes back.

Am I the only one who thinks Tarrant is as not a big of a loss as it seems? Like yeah he is an integral part of our backline but McKay has proven that he can do it on his own?? Dixon, Hawkins, ect

Taz is about as good a defender as we could hope any of the up and comers can become. He’s clearly been playing under duress. The blokes a colossus. Though I spose it won’t hurt the youngsters getting exposed without him there as a safety blanket.

Am I the only one who thinks Tarrant is as not a big of a loss as it seems? Like yeah he is an integral part of our backline but McKay has proven that he can do it on his own?? Dixon, Hawkins, ect

The problem is Atley, Tarrant provides him with an anchor, with him gone Atley is more likely to revert to deer in spotlight and hospital kicks/handballs to team mates, I reckon put Atley on the wing and move LMac to the backline. You'd imagine we will get more first ball use with Cunners and Jed in the centre which is more likely to suit Atley's run (assuming he hits a target :) )

Who would he go in for …? Um let me see … real hard one here ….
Mate there are 3-4 blues small forwards licking their lips & high 5’ing each other that this useless piece of 💩 Atley continues being selected !
Fisher, Betts & Martin must be hoping to God this 💩 bucket goes to one of them Saturday

Mate i get the Atley dislike and I'm as happy as anyone else to criticise him when he deserves it, which can be often but calling a 200+ NMFC player who plays his guts out every game a piece of shite on our North Forum is beyond the pale IMO :(

Taz against the blues won’t be felt as much as the blues really have only one tall forward.

Who just happens to be the best tall forward in the comp.

Doesn’t matter anyway, as always it’ll be won in the midfield and our midfield is streets ahead, the problem is our forward line capitalising on that dominance.

Sad to see the lizard out

but happy to see atu in

Polec you would think will be put up for trade.. I would like to see him back in the seniors before the season ends

I’m not sure why we are persisting with dads army defence, it’s horrendous.

Polec, McDonald, Lazarro… all individually would be of more value in defence than Atley and Hall combined.

Errr Hall = line breaking small defender.

Atley, rarely gets injured. Can't say the same about the aforementioend 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate i get the Atley dislike and I'm as happy as anyone else to criticise him when he deserves it, which can be often but calling a 200+ NMFC player who plays his guts out every game a piece of sh*te on our North Forum is beyond the pale IMO :(
31524F4E-A3C5-4FC2-929E-72B0728503F1.gif

Anderson's is a welcome addition but his ball usage always worries me but then Jy has come of age, in that regard, over the last few weeks.

Carlton have coughed up more winning positions over the last two years than I can shake a stick at, so they are always vulnerable.

We have to use the ball well when its our turn.

Well, Noble seems to feel Polec isn’t required.

At all.
I was told second hand from an inner scrote earlier in the year he wouldn't play for North again. Had my doubts but it looks like it may be the case.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

To a point. BMac did some great things early in the year but the defence was overrun a lot, and Taz getting back into the team and then match fit made a big difference to the team. Not a bad week to be back to two tall defenders, though, and both Ben and Josh are going pretty well.

To a point. BMac did some great things early in the year but the defence was overrun a lot, and Taz getting back into the team and then match fit made a big difference to the team. Not a bad week to be back to two tall defenders, though, and both Ben and Josh are going pretty well.
Yeah for sure, I guess that can even come to turnovers from the midfield which puts us on the back foot, which we have now patched.

lol I never knew how tall Josh walker was till I saw him at training

Laz did enough to keep his spot i thought . Desperately unlucky.
Hope he doesn’t become our version of an easy drop target & revolving door . It’s a great way of killing a kid’s confidence & kill off his career super quick .
This is something that nuff nuff of a coach we used to have would do .

Come on, what’s he played 12 games in his 1st year already? There would be a ton of lower picks than Laz who would kill for even half that number of opportunities.

Surely a player’s confidence isn’t killed after that many appearances in their 1st year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on, what’s he played 12 games in his 1st year already? There would be a ton of lower picks than Laz who would kill for even half that number of opportunities.

Surely a player’s confidence isn’t killed after that many appearances in their 1st year.

Confidence is very fickle, sometimes a bit of trust and loyalty from the leadership is all it takes to get the most out of a staff be this an afl club or any other organisation.

Confidence is very fickle, sometimes a bit of trust and loyalty from the leadership is all it takes to get the most out of a staff be this an afl club or any other organisation.

Yes, confidence is fickle but in this case Laz is a fringe best 22 player and not even if all the team was fit.

He’s a first year player who has shown all the traits that he’ll work hard to become regular best 22. For mine, it’s that simple.

If I had a pick a player where confidence is probably shot, I suspect Will Walker.

He’s lucky he’s come to such a s**t team that he’s played that many games. Unless their absolute top shelf, 12 games for a teenage rookie is a huge effort.

We have a massive height advantage I would have thought. I can’t quite understand teagues thinking here.

1: TDK will have to ruck one out against Goldy and Xerri. He will get help from Silvagni. God help them if he goes down.

2: when silvagni isn’t helping out in the ruck he will be the only other taller forward to help Mckay. Tazz out this week is irrelevant from a position point of view. They are basically all small/medium forwards.

Atu
Turner
Hall
Ziebell
McDonald
Atley

Will all have their hands full on

Betts
Martin
Fisher
Plus some others

If Cripps goes forward we can put walker on him.

3: we have our best midfield in for the season and in good form.

To be honest I’m feeling pretty confident about this game. On form we should be tough to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back