Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Props to no Gerard Healy and Eddie basically barracking for us, was nice them cheering on Larkey and Thomas instead of actively cheering for the blues to come back.

Not convinced about Xerri at all
Well JB on MMM's radio call pretty much was barracking for Carlton in the last. Billy brownless was first to write them off.

Love how the commentators kept blowing their wad over Jones and Weitering taking some uncontested intercept marks. But crickets when the same players leave their opponent in space to kick an easy goal because they are too busy trying to get the intercept.

The current media is too enamoured with these loose defenders picking up intercepts and doesn’t realise you are a defender who’s job is to stop the forward from kicking goals.

That was fun after an error ridden first half.
Our youth are pulling their weight - Jy, Larkey ,TT, LDU, Stevo, Bailey, McKay , Phillips all played well.
Atu did well in his first match in a while.
Older guys in goldy , cunners , ziebs , Turner held tough when the game was a contest.

Also I love the kids never taking a backward step when they are physically confronted.
Our youth are going to be good with that attitude

Very good win, tackling and centre clearances were excellent, Larkey finally gets a bit of decent delivery, and surprise, surprise, a bag of 7, Jy outclassed current media darling Sam Walsh easily, Tarryn just keeps getting better every game, but a big plus for me was the regaining of mojo's for Bailey and Curtis in particular.

Some well deserved praise for Noble coming soon too, we looked like a basket case early this year, not now baby.

Well JB on MMM's radio call pretty much was barracking for Carlton in the last. Billy brownless was first to write them off.
I would like to say I am surprised but I'm not.

What a display after an even first half. You can see the team staring to believe and gain confidence as the game wore on. We did it against west coast as well.

We all talk about the improvement of Larkey, Thomas, LDU, Stephenson etc. but the credit has to go to Noble. He has developed a structure that enables these players to flourish.

I’m at the point where I believe that all of our young players, providing they put in the effort and buy into the game plan that they will develop to their potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one lingering victory to me in that game (apart from the win) is that for the last two or three off seasons we've been battling Carlton for the same OOC or FA players and every time we get the smug "why would he go to Norf" - well, we dodged some bullets and we also murdered them with the team we've put together in the interim. Plus we've still got the cap space. Genuinely can't see any way their list improves into a top 8 side, without a few years of great drafting.

We are going to be the best clearance side in the league as early as next year.

We have absolutely had our way with sides out of the middle for the last 6 weeks. Against even the likes of the Dogs. Was embarrassing for Carlton with Cripps and Walsh in there at times.

They were absolutely annihilated.

Crazy to think Powell comes into that midfield and he’s probably the best natural ball accumulator of the lot and definately the most creative with his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back