Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

That midfield is a thing of beauty.
The cunnington clan.
He gets and puts it to where he needs them to be. the chemistry is all there.
I can see a little bit of him in all of them.
The LDU fend offs.
TTs clean delivery everytime he has it.
And Jy is even now copying his one step back from mark trick. (still a work in progress for him though)

The one lingering victory to me in that game (apart from the win) is that for the last two or three off seasons we've been battling Carlton for the same OOC or FA players and every time we get the smug "why would he go to Norf" - well, we dodged some bullets and we also murdered them with the team we've put together in the interim. Plus we've still got the cap space. Genuinely can't see any way their list improves into a top 8 side, without a few years of great drafting.

Yeah it wasnt lost on me with those players either. But Carlton might come good after a rebuild :tearsofjoy:

We are going to be the best clearance side in the league as early as next year.

We have absolutely had our way with sides out of the middle for the last 6 weeks. Against even the likes of the Dogs. Was embarrassing for Carlton with Cripps and Walsh in there at times.

They were absolutely annihilated.

Crazy to think Powell comes into that midfield and he’s probably the best natural ball accumulator of the lot and definately the most creative with his hands.

Russell is the off-field acquisition that isn’t being talked about enough. Cannot emphasise enough how important he’s been in our second half to the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Carlton

Please don't break Harry in the next two years before he comes to us to win multiple flags with his bro.

Warmest regards

NMFC

PS - Eat a buffet of d*cks you arrogant, cheating campaigners.
that’s one of those games that gets you one step out the door..
against the bottom team and they were honestly no where near it.

I don't want to be a hero, but at the end of the first quarter I knew we'd split those pretenders like bowling pins through the corridor.
Nobody played a bad game, and there's probably a list of 20 players worthy of getting a vote in the bests.

The thing that stands out for me the most, is that Turner, has enough confidence with the ball now, that he too can make those high risk kicks and disposals.

* me we have a good team.

Record rebuild time.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corr, Edwards, Bonar, Powell, Comben and Ford

6 names that didn't play today that we can look forward to in the future + draft picks this year and any free agent additions.

Exciting times ahead to say the least. We don't need Horne.
I'm not convinced that Bonar is best 22, particularly with the growth in our list this year. I think he's depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back