Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

After his response of 'I liked the mind camp' and the 'nothing to see here's attitude he displayed, in what was the biggest scandal in the history of the AFC, not surprised at all, at this development.

Just another feather in Australia's tolerance cap.

Let's find out what was said and how Tex responds first.

If he made a mistake let's give him the opportunity to acknowledge the error, we don't need to go ruining his life.

There are bigger issues in the aboriginal community I hope you are as passionate about addressing such as family violence and sexual abuse especially in he remote communities. We need passionate people like you to help fight that scourge!
Talk about hyperbole. Nobody is trying yo ruin Tex's life. Don't paint him as the victim.

And don't use some of the societal issues faced by First Nations people to deflect from racism. I notice a lot of people like to trot out that line every time there's a racist incident in sports, like people should get a free pass to engage in casual racism, because bigger issues exist. It's a dumb line of argument.

If this has played out as reported, there are some Crows players and officials worthy of praise. To call out poor behaviour of a senior leader within the club is exactly the response you would like if they were uncomfortable/unable to call it out on the spot.

If it has played out as reported.

Talk about hyperbole. Nobody is trying yo ruin Tex's life. Don't paint him as the victim.

And don't use some of the societal issues faced by First Nations people to deflect from racism. I notice a lot of people like to trot out that line every time there's a racist incident in sports, like people should get a free pass to engage in casual racism, because bigger issues exist. It's a dumb line of argument.

No, I said let's wait until we have the facts and then see what Tex's response is if he's done something wrong.

Will an apology suffice for you or do you want blood from him?

What Tex did or didn't say doesn't really change some of these major issues facing remote communities. We need passionate people like you getting the word out and trying to help the victims in those remote communities!

If this has played out as reported, there are some Crows players and officials worthy of praise. To call out poor behaviour of a senior leader within the club is exactly the response you would like if they were uncomfortable/unable to call it out on the spot.

100%, wouldn't be easy to come forward. No matter what happens, they should be given praise.

Great bunch of guys at the Crows you said it!

No, I said let's wait until we have the facts and then see what Tex's response is if he's done something wrong.

What Tex did or didn't say doesn't really change some of these major issues facing remote communities. We need passionate people like you getting the word out and trying to help the victims in those remote communities!

Mate no one gives a s**t about real problems, thousands of children die per day from starvation while we sit at home on social media acting woke and trying to label others racist sexist ect.

An apology doesn't make it any less of a s**t act. People are entitled to call him a flog if he has behaved like a flog. You won't achieve societal change as far as racism goes if people don't face consequences for their racist actions.

Mate no one gives a sh*t about real problems, thousands of children die per day from starvation while we sit at home on social media acting woke and trying to label others racist sexist ect.

C’mon man, we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Racism in sport is a real problem. Food security is an issue. Violence is an issue. We don’t have to pick one to care about and address, we can care and try to address all areas we can improve on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C’mon man, we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Racism in sport is a real problem. Food security is an issue. Violence is an issue. We don’t have to pick one to care about and address, we can care and try to address all areas we can improve on.

what are you doing to address 10 thousand innocent children dying per day exactly? What are you doing to help issues in the aboriginal community? Or is making a social media post enough effort to show you “genuinely care”?

what are you doing to address 10 thousand innocent children dying per day exactly? What are you doing to help issues in the aboriginal community? Or is making a social media post enough effort to show you “genuinely care”?
I live and work in Goodybinya - so I do genuinely care and I have for the better part of 2 decades actively contributed to addressing social issues in remote Aboriginal communities.

Was wondering if he’d be missed from the AA squad if the investigation is still ongoing in 4 weeks time. But I doubt it considering De Goey will likely be in there with a rape charge hanging over his head.

I haven't made any judgement except that you are a Muppet.

I actually agree that we should wait and see what comes out.

Regardless shall we move on or continue with this?
My first post literally said only that we should wait before making judgement. And for some reason you quoted me and criticised that view.

And now you've changed your position and are pretending that you didn't start this.

Stop responding if you don't want to continue. I'm not going to be gaslighted by a numpty.

Wonder if this will disrupt Walker from taking his place in the fabled 'Adelaide legend pipeline' that includes player career, then coaching career (optional), media career, owning a s**t tonne of pubs, then moving into the final phase of used car dealerships and caravan ads on local TVs.

Following in the footsteps of Neil Kerley, Malcolm Blight, Graham Cornes and Mark Ricciuto.

I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WAS SAID NOR DO I KNOW THE FACTS BUT IM BLOODY OUTRAGED, BLOODY. OUTRAGED.

He could have simply said Young was a s**t player, but because he’s not white you’re not allowed to say anything negative. Calm ya farms you bunch of grandstanding tossers, wait for the facts to come out before you blast someone.

I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WAS SAID NOR DO I KNOW THE FACTS BUT IM BLOODY OUTRAGED, BLOODY. OUTRAGED.

He could have simply said Young was a sh*t player, but because he’s not white you’re not allowed to say anything negative. Calm ya farms you bunch of grandstanding tossers, wait for the facts to come out before you blast someone.

Yes, his own teammates reported him for racism because he said young was a bad player 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back