Autopsy Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

If we give effort, we can match it with most teams.
Our forwards and defenders were terrific.
Tonight's result is something to build on for next year.
Pleased for Dmac and Kent.
King a big loss but buckets Sharman will fill the void.

I don’t want to hear about the lousy recruiting, the should’ve, could’ve picked…

Wilkie
Highmore
Sharman
basically for nothing.
Hopefully Heath is promising too.
Bytel, Connolly and Byrnes as late picks

Steele, Sincs, DMac as usual (fancy saying that about DMac)
Membrey and Hilly really good.
Kents best game for a while, need to acknowledge him.
Coff was great, no idea why he was dropped previously.
Higgins is back
Seeing King grow before our eyes.

Backline sensational tonight.
Great team effort.

Am pumped and damn frustrated all at the same time.

Last edited:

How good was that. No passengers again tonight, pressure was up and we just looked switched on.

Huge credit to our defence - I was expecting an absolute bath from their forwards considering Howard's absence. Instead they only looked dangerous when the umpires got involved. Huge from Wilkie, Joyce is a deceptively solid and physical defender, and Highmore and Coffield impressed with their intercepts.

McKenzie and Sinclair were awesome.

Forwards all looked lively. Kent was as dangerous as he was in his first year with us, Butler was a pressure machine and Higgins is just amazing to watch - glad he got reward for his efforts tonight. King & Membrey good, hope King isn't too bad - and Sharman continues to prove he could be a very good footballer.

Steele has quickly become a quiet achiever to a genuine superstar. No other player gives me the confidence that he does.

Don’t want to say that this is the year we needed, because I think we should be pushing top four with our list, but perhaps it is a year that will do us good in the long run. We’ve unearthed some quality young talent that may not have had these opportunities if everything was going swimmingly re injuries and on field performance.

Higgins was enormous, Kenty, Sinclair, Steele is just insane every week, Highmore, Wilkie, Membrey, Sharman all good. Butler actually had pressure that caused turn over with a few mates helping out. Mc Kenzie is a warrior, he sets a tone that is hungry and combative.

King injured is huge worry. Sharman is looking amazing but it's a lot of responsibility to take on the whole key forward role.
If Max Heath can play the 204cm tall forward role, he is a like for like for king in terms of providing contests (obviously not in actually marking the ball). Allows Membrey to play second forward and Sharman to still play 3rd forward which is perfectly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly Dunny had a poor first half but seemed to be on Parker in the second half who had 21 possessions at half time I think only got another 8 for the game. Also was leading the AF scores at half time end up on 92.....less than Dean Kent.

If Max Heath can play the 204cm tall forward role, he is a like for like for king in terms of providing contests (obviously not in actually marking the ball). Allows Membrey to play second forward and Sharman to still play 3rd forward which is perfectly

I'd think McKernan more likely. Heath would have barely played a footy game in a few months, has never played VFL let alone AFL.

I'd think McKernan more likely. Heath would have barely played a footy game in a few months, has never played VFL let alone AFL.

I’d be very surprised if we played McKernan given he will get delisted at years end. Absolutely zero point in playing him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sharman was similar and also extremely lightweight. Heath at least has the frame to play on the big boys. 204 cm is taller than King and he's 95 odd kilos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back