List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem getting Mitchell is what does it cost you from a future list position.

Who is he kicking out of our midfield to take that role. Then what role does that person take, so which kid gets pushed down the pecking order?

If we were to move on Kmac and say Pickett, and our kids like HRS, Dow and RCD were given those opportunities, then no worries really...

But if the match Committee stick with Kmac and Pickett when fit and available, and we're not moving Cotch or Edwards on, then were does the development come for the kids for years 3-6 from now???

Even with or without Mitchell, we need to start finding roles outside the midfield for Cotchin, Edwards and Lambert

McIntosh is a free agent. Castagna is worth fu** all.
In a way im kind of hoping Macca leaves via free agency for both Richmond and McIntosh better interest

I can see macca being pushed out of the side by the younger players coming on and he has never been a player that would have made big money from the game so deserves to cash in if the offer presented itself.

If he gets a 3/4 year deal at $500k i think he should grab it and run

In a way im kind of hoping Macca leaves via free agency for both Richmond and McIntosh better interest

I can see macca being pushed out of the side by the younger players coming on and he has never been a player that would have made big money from the game so deserves to cash in if the offer presented itself.

If he gets a 3/4 year deal at $500k i think he should grab it and run
Yep as much as I hate to say it we gotta evolve the side from the chaos days to suit more uncontested footy , that means those crude i50 entries and shoddy transitions are no longer tolerable or we ll continue losing to s**t teams , there’s 4-5 reg senior players in that bracket , Macca is one.

Is Paddy Dow worth pursuing or no better than what we got at vfl

Is Paddy Dow worth pursuing or no better than what we got at vfl
Very similar prospect and type of player to RCD, don’t think we could justify having both of them on the list long term but if he was genuinely interested in joining us we would be silly not to explore the opportunity

In an ideal world we go into next year with KMc, Aarts & Caddy all playing footy elsewhere in the AFL. Get whatever return we can for them, even if its just trading up the draft. Bring in Cerra, maybe Narkle & go into the draft with 5 picks inside the top 50.
Yep as much as I hate to say it we gotta evolve the side from the chaos days to suit more uncontested footy , that means those crude i50 entries and shoddy transitions are no longer tolerable or we ll continue losing to sh*t teams , there’s 4-5 reg senior players in that bracket , Macca is one.

In an ideal world we go into next season wtih Aarts, K-Mac, Caddy traded or re-signed elsewhere

Carlton are poop and he is still underwhelming!
Thought he was decent since having a stint in the vfl earlier in the year, but yeah definitely still underwhelming given the hype when he was drafted

I think its worth looking at how many picks we are actually likely to need. Our list spots are very much restricted to who is going to retire. At this stage it looks like only Houli is likely to call it quits. Delisting wise Garthwaite, Eggs are the only obvious 2 - while in an ideal world Caddy, Aarts & K-Mac are traded or re-signed elsewhere. The other unknown is what the club intends to do with CCJ & Chol. The feeling is only one can remain on the list, but its hard to say who & still just as likely both will be.

We are more than likely talking about 6 spots. If we do trade in Cerra & Narkle - it means we only go in with 4 or 5 picks, including our rookie spots.

If that is the case we are likely better to keep our own 1st rounder, trade out the Cats pick & a 2nd rounder for Cerra , & use later picks & Caddy, Aarts etc to try and marginally improve our 3rd & 4th rounders to keep all our picks in the top 40. Anything we have left of value try to trade for future 3rd or 4th rounders, pick swaps etc.

I think the club has not been great at turning its assets into new assets. Moving forward we need to work a lot harder at that & be very aggressive in improving all our picks

Probably the most important off-season for the club i can recall. In 2016 we didnt realise the impact those changes were going to have - but this year its very obvious how important it is for us to get it right. Good picks at the draft and the opportunity to add 1 or 2 top end young players from elsewhere. We need to leave this draft with a haul of future, 3x 150+ gamer + 1 x 200+ gamer. A genuine moment where we hopefully see the next decade unfold

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its worth looking at how many picks we are actually likely to need. Our list spots are very much restricted to who is going to retire. At this stage it looks like only Houli is likely to call it quits. Delisting wise Garthwaite, Eggs are the only obvious 2 - while in an ideal world Caddy, Aarts & K-Mac are traded or re-signed elsewhere. The other unknown is what the club intends to do with CCJ & Chol. The feeling is only one can remain on the list, but its hard to say who & still just as likely both will be.

We are more than likely talking about 6 spots. If we do trade in Cerra & Narkle - it means we only go in with 4 or 5 picks, including our rookie spots.

kmac we keep. Two way running defensive and quick

kmac we keep. Two way running defensive and quick
That just can't be enough anymore...

And the problem is, when he turns it over, we are so out of position that the turnover is usually really costly...

I 100% think we can get a kid to develop into that role without losing anything, but with the potential to get much more in return.

We need more skill. Wing and HFF will be the easiest to upgrade with a ready to go kid. They are also the positions currently where we have some of the dodgiest users of the ball at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually think we may already have these players on the list

Ralphsmith - Naish - Short - Dow all rotating along with Pickett

That just can't be enough anymore...

And the problem is, when he turns it over, we are so out of position that the turnover is usually really costly...

I 100% think we can get a kid to develop into that role without losing anything, but with the potential to get much more in return.
Yep our wingers , key roles with our chaos game plan need re shaping , more measured i50 is what what we need to aspire too avoiding constant clangers , between Macca and Pickett they accumulate too many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back