• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 45: Hugo Ralphsmith

• 49: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's times when a team's form must change if a team is to go forward...it has to have a starting point. A point at which negative form is reversed...sometimes its a gradual thing, and at other times it can happen quite quickly. By half time last night it looked like we had reached the absolute bottom of our form, but I'm hoping that the starting point for our form reversal occurred in the first few minutes of the third quarter last night. I hope that's the case. And even if its not, we're in a for a very entertaining few weeks... and I for one am looking forward to it.

Dimma currently losing sleep over Duck's comments...

No doubt it really shits all coaches to tears when the ex-player brigade take continual shots from the commentary box.

99 times out of 100 these type of comments amount to 'if only my enormous footy IQ was in the coaching box, side 'x' would be doing so much better.'

Brown's caught the bug from Brereton (clearly the worst and most constant offender), Lyon, Carey (not to mention Lloyd in the non-commentary media) etc., they just can't help themselves. Barely a game goes by where they don't insinuate that one of the sides playing is being coached by someone who has an inferior footy IQ than what they do and that if their magnificent football brain was in the box, that side would be successful.

I reckon they all deserve to be called out as the intellectual cowards they are, good on Dimma for doing so.

All of them have been given opportunities to coach, all of them turned those opportunities down because they'd rather the comparatively (and these days similarly remunerated) very easy gig they have in preference to ever actually putting their reputations on the line.

Well boys, sadly for you, media can be a two-way street - for once you didn't get away with it being one-way traffic where you get to pile on with no consequences. About time a coach called them out as the gutless cheap shot merchants they are and Dimma has the job security, reputation and profile to do it best on behalf of his fellow coaches.

Respectfully I think people are mistaken regarding fast football vs short passes. You can do both.

Agree, and when we go fast we need to lower the eyes to leading forwards if they have the extra man back. Too often on the fast play we kick high and long to the out number with our smalls not yet in position, allowing them to easily clear the ball back out again.

It wasn’t Essendon’s spot we were gunning for anyway IMO. It is West Coast’s spot. If we win all of our games and West Coast lose to 2/3 of Melbourne, Fremantle and Brisbane, then we’ll probably make the 8 on percentage. Well, provided that Fremantle lose today that is.

Unlike Essendon, West Coast have been in pretty bad form so that’s more plausible than Essendon losing one of their remaining games in my opinion.
Yeah we need Freo losing today and then Freo beating Eagles next week .
Oh and the small matter of us needing to beat the Giants .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Season over guys. No way bombers don't flog suns and pies. Steal our coaches and style then our finals place too, fu** em :(
West coke wont win another game chill bro

100% well said

Lynch is playing like a bag of sh*t the last 2 seasons. The forward coach should be shown the door because if they are telling him to play from behind and bring the ball to ground then that's f’ed. He is a key forward that doesn't kick enough goals. At the start of the season I tough this new rule could be huge for Lynch and could become a goal kicking machine, I was so wrong. Playing 2 good games a season isn't good enough for the wage he is on.
Before I get sh*t canned I know he has had knee issues this year so I will cut him some slack but to constantly play from behind and wanting the ball bombed on his head is just bad football smarts and it's on him. I have come to the conclusion that he will never ever be the player I though he was. The other thing that worries me about Lynch is his inability to get any separation from his opponent, he just doesn't work had enough on that part of his game. If Dimma is relying on Lynch to take over from Jack then were are going to be right royally f’ed.
Exactly. I don't know what this role adds to our side. All I see it do most of the time is give us a stoppage inside 50, which shouldn’t really be our primary aim. It doesn’t guarantee a goal as we’ve seen in the first half of the last 3 weeks.

About Lynch, yeah I agree. Lynch is the one that worries me the most down the track from the key sub-30 players. He doesn’t seem to have a particularly great attribute as a key forward (in the last 2 years) unlike Riewoldt at the same age. Riewoldt for example had great agility, was able to read the play well and was very strong aerially. Don’t think I’d say the same thing about Lynch unfortunately so it worries me too if he’s going to become our focal point after Riewoldt leaves.

It’s fine for Hardwick to publicly defend him, but the only thing I’m concerned about is that he truly believes that there isn’t anything wrong with Lynch’s form right now. Reminds me of when Hardwick seemed to genuinely believe that Rioli was playing a solid role in the past for us and we know how that turned out. Hope Hardwick actually looks at putting in place a plan that actually helps Lynch (whatever that may be) because he’s playing an important position for us.

The game is no longer one on one like it was in Brown's heyday. It is now 2-3 on 1. Even Brown would struggle as he was never a great contested mark.

Exactly. Completely different eras. In Dimmas defence it is just outright disrespectful for a journalist to essentially ask why he doesn't implement the game day tactic thoughts of another journalist. Was a silly question and no need by the journo involved in the post match to bring up a particular comment by a particular journo. What's Dimma supposed to say? Oh great idea, thanks Brownie, will try that next week? L O L

Exactly. I don't know what this role adds to our side. All I see it do most of the time is give us a stoppage inside 50, which shouldn’t really be our primary aim. It doesn’t guarantee a goal as we’ve seen in the first half of the last 3 weeks.

About Lynch, yeah I agree. Lynch is the one that worries me the most down the track from the key sub-30 players. He doesn’t seem to have a particularly great attribute as a key forward (in the last 2 years) unlike Riewoldt at the same age. Riewoldt for example had great agility, was able to read the play well and was very strong aerially. Don’t think I’d say the same thing about Lynch unfortunately so it worries me too if he’s going to become our focal point after Riewoldt leaves.

It’s fine for Hardwick to publicly defend him, but the only thing I’m concerned about is that he truly believes that there isn’t anything wrong with Lynch’s form right now. Reminds me of when Hardwick seemed to genuinely believe that Rioli was playing a solid role in the past for us and we know how that turned out. Hope Hardwick actually looks at putting in place a plan that actually helps Lynch (whatever that may be) because he’s playing an important position for us.
At this stage I would rather we keep CCJ, he has enormous potential as a forward and is hard to defend. He is also good on the lead which worries defenders.
I would love nothing more to be proven wrong about Lynch because I genuinely like him as a person but I question is football smarts and his limited ability. When I go back and look at his GC highlights he was so good on the ground and unbeatable one on one. What's happened to him??????? I see him like Rioli also almost stifled with the defensive nature of what's asked of them.

Thank god Dimma finally gave Daniel some freedom of a new role and is looking the goods and full of vigour.
I know it's not going to happen or possible because of his wage but I wouldn't be apposed to trading Lynch out, keeping CCJ and adding Richardi to the mix.
I just can't see him adding anything more to the side unless he starts getting on his bike and start to play in front.

Just because Dimma doesn't publicly admit Lynchs form doesn't mean he doesn't think it exists. Im sure they are all well aware he is not at his best.

JGTI on SEN earlier today

talked up the contribution of the younger players last night

he said MRJ kept applying pressure when everyone was knackered
loved what MJ, Dow, Hugo and CJ have brought to:the team

says the hunger within the team is still there….they aren’t tired

reckons things clicked last night and knows it’s up to the boys to bring it next week and week after

Jack Graham is a legend…love him
Never forget him playing injured during that final against the cats; he gives everything...

Just because Dimma doesn't publicly admit Lynchs form doesn't mean he doesn't think it exists. Im sure they are all well aware he is not at his best.
Well I hope it’s just PR spin, but at the same time I’ve heard Hardwick say a similar thing earlier in the year and I haven’t seen much of a change in how Lynch plays. That’s why I’m starting to get a bit concerned about whether Hardwick truly believes this or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I hope it’s just PR spin, but at the same time I’ve heard Hardwick say a similar thing earlier in the year and I haven’t seen much of a change in how Lynch plays. That’s why I’m starting to get a bit concerned about whether Hardwick truly believes this or not.
You mean earlier in the year before we found out he was carrying a knee injury that he had surgery on and missed 6 weeks for?

It doesn't require a rocket scientist to realise he isn’t 100% right but is playing out the year for us

Would love for us to go in unchanged but if Macca is available he will surely come in.

If one had to go out I think it will come from either Mansell or MRJ

We play a 7 man backline, Grimes, Astbury, Vlustuin, Short, Stack, Rioli, Mansell
But If Mansell was to go out Baker or Edwards could go back and cover him...

On MRJ I liked his pressure and perceived pressure which resulted in a few goals for us.
Our small forwards, Shai, Parker, Ralphsmith, Baker, MRJ (junior could make way) for Macca to go wing and Baker or Edwards to play more forward.

Baker a bit of a swingman who can play anywhere.

Tough call at the selection committee this week.
I love Kmac, but he can't come back in... it would be a backward step.... we all sat here whinging about Aarts and Castagna, yet we want to bring Kmac back in? He is not plying at his best and screams of a B Grade player on the decline... and his skills kill us every week!

Its not just PR spin, some of it for sure. Dimma is not lying when he says he is pleased with Lynch bringing the ball to ground if he is out positioned or out numbered or both. What is Dimma supposed to say...of course he will defend him and he is just reinforcing positive messages. What does he achieve by calling Tom's form out publicly? Cmon man. This all calculated. Elite athletes at an elite sporting club. Dimma defends his players publicly. They love him for it. Tom will come good.

Exactly. Completely different eras. In Dimmas defence it is just outright disrespectful for a journalist to essentially ask why he doesn't implement the game day tactic thoughts of another journalist. Was a silly question and no need by the journo involved in the post match to bring up a particular comment by a particular journo. What's Dimma supposed to say? Oh great idea, thanks Brownie, will try that next week? L O L

the media campaigners just talk absolute dribble with zero repercussions. we see spuds like caro, tom morris and kane korn lie out their arse for years on end but they get it right once and everyone pats them on the back. in an alternate reality if Dimmer followed every one of Browney or Kingy's suggestions on On the Couch etc over the last 5 years we'd have zero flags

Was Lynch this bad last year? I can't remember.

As for Carey, this coming from a bloke who got caught hanging out of the back of his mates Mrs in his mates dunny lol... He'll be due to glass someone again soon the Botox riddled *.

Was Lynch this bad last year? I can't remember.

As for Carey, this coming from a bloke who got caught hanging out of the back of his mates Mrs in his mates dunny lol... He'll be due to glass someone again soon the Botox riddled fu**.
Haha I remember Dimma give Swartz a serve about him crying 20 mins into the GF...imagine he goes BANG on Carey haha

the media campaigners just talk absolute dribble with zero repercussions. we see spuds like caro, tom morris and kane korn lie out their arse for years on end but they get it right once and everyone pats them on the back. in an alternate reality if Dimmer followed every one of Browney or Kingy's suggestions on On the Couch etc over the last 5 years we'd have zero flags
Also, the suggestion of putting any marquee forward in the ruck to ‘get them in the game’ is trotted out all the time. It’s a ******* stupid suggestion and runs the risk of a PCL. The dense blockhead deserved a clip

Carey quick to pint out Brown is a more decorated player than Dimma. Quick to forget Dimma is a triple premiership coach and is not done yet.
offended article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back