Game Day Adelaide vs North Melbourne - fare thee well DMac, Tals, Ten Goal Tommy

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4: Bont
Pick 2: Petracca

When you’re picking 18 year olds picking an elite talent is still speculative. Any pick inside the top 10, and especially top 5, will more than likely end up with a very good to elite player.
Clayton Oliver was also pick #4.

Feelgoodatthetimeism
Just a plain win, I'd agree.
Those wins in Round 23 are forgotten 2 minutes after, but are often overstated by many for how important it is.

But the last part was good for bonding etc and when they reflect on it after the game.
It helps build culture/togetherness (and repair, it after our recent years)
Great for the kids.

When you’re picking 18 year olds picking an elite talent is still speculative. Any pick inside the top 10, and especially top 5, will more than likely end up with a very good to elite player.
At the end of the day, we'd all rather pick 2.
But it is what it is.
We can't make them lose, I'd never want them to deliberately lose.

If the cards fall the way other games sometimes do and you lose, have an off night compared to your opponent, so be it and yay, pick 2.
That's all you can hope for if people wanted the pick 2.

Feelgoodatthetimeism
I thought we'd be stupid to win this one but not sure what else you can do when North offered absolutely nothing - dreadful from them. And if we were going to spurn pick 2 at least we hit all the right team morale moments - last goals to Lynch and Mackay, first goals to Gollant and Jones, moty contender from McAdam . Lot of team spirit on display.

Feeling pretty optimistic about 2022.

Yeah, you must have hated that at the end
You must have been deflated after the final game of 1996

Crushing loss to a mid-table St Kilda. Disappointing final showings from McDermott, McGuinness and A Jarman. No final game goals for any of them. No team building, culture-developing moments.

What might have been.

Nice moments for those guys to go out on today. Smiles on the faces.

Crushing loss to a mid-table St Kilda. Disappointing final showings from McDermott, McGuinness and A Jarman. No final game goals for any of them. No team building, culture-developing moments.

What might have been.

Do you get enjoyment out of watching footy? If that last quarter doesn't bring a smile to your face, or if you can't acknowledge losing to a team as bad as North is worse than gaining a 2 pick upgrade, then why do you bother? Did you want our players to lie on the ground today and allow North to walk around with the ball?

How is getting access to Oliver/Bont type players any worse than someone like Petracca?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you get enjoyment out of watching footy? If that last quarter doesn't bring a smile to your face, or if you can't acknowledge losing to a team as bad as North is worse than gaining a 2 pick upgrade, then why do you bother? Did you want our players to lie on the ground today and allow North to walk around with the ball?

How is getting access to Oliver/Bont type players any worse than someone like Petracca?
Feel good at the time is what I wrote.

The last quarter was warm and fuzzy for everyone, me included.

However hopefully no one at the club thinks it carries any greater meaning or value.

pick 1: weitering
pick 4: C. Oliver

What might have been.

I mean it's a waste if we wanted to overhaul the coaching panel.

You make some weird, overly negative comments at times

Feel good at the time is what I wrote.

The last quarter was warm and fuzzy for everyone, me included.

However hopefully no one at the club thinks it carries any greater meaning or value.
Do you not understand that losing a game like today, when the opposition is that poor, is worse than a two pick upgrade in the draft? North had the worst pressure rating in the first half than any other this year, they were absolutely putrid. Their skills were just as bad. You're just as likely to pick an elite talent at pick 4 vs pick 2. Ned bringing Mackay into the game with that pass shows a culture that respects each other, that's far more important than losing to gain a couple of draft positons. Our forwardline has stood up without Tex against some decent opposition before today and then got their rewards today.

Schoey with another big game
Keays with a 3 Brownlow vote performance
RT with 18 touches and a goal
Gollant with some promising signs and a hanger/goal to finish
Butts just continuing on
Cook with composure and poise
Ned with 24 and 13 score assists (after a good game against Melbourne last week)

I'm sure I could list a few more>..

If our recruiters can't pick an elite mid at pick 4 then they need to be moved on.

Strauchan was the highlight for me, probably the only 'break glass' ruckman we've had who can actually play footy at this level.
North weren't trying that hard but I think Goldstein was and Strauchanie gave him a bath. An upgrade on ROB whose centre of gravity is too high and limits his athleticism, apart from intercept marking where ROB excels

Do you not understand that losing a game like today, when the opposition is that poor, is worse than a two pick upgrade in the draft? North had the worst pressure rating in the first half than any other this year, they were absolutely putrid. Their skills were just as bad. You're just as likely to pick an elite talent at pick 4 vs pick 2. Ned bringing Mackay into the game with that pass shows a culture that respects each other, that's far more important than losing to gain a couple of draft positons. Our forwardline has stood up without Tex against some decent opposition before today and then got their rewards today.

If our recruiters can't pick an elite mid at pick 4 then they need to be moved on.
I'm not talking about the draft picks. Win, lose, whatever.

I'm talking about the thinking that those nice moments for the departing players helps build team culture, provides momentum, boosts morale.

It's a drug hit.

Our team is our team, our list is our list, our off-field is our off-field - regardless of whether we were able to finish with a nice drive on 18

I'm not talking about the draft picks. Win, lose, whatever.

I'm talking about the thinking that those nice moments for the departing players helps build team culture, provides momentum, boosts morale.

It's a drug hit.

Our team is our team, our list is our list, our off-field is our off-field - regardless of whether we were able to finish with a nice drive on 18
Have you ever been involved with a sporting team? What happened in that last 10 minutes is the sign of a good team culture, regardless of whether the game is a dead rubber or not. That's far more important than trying to gain a couple of draft positions and end up in the position of a team like Carlton for two decades.

Have you ever been involved with a sporting team? What happened in that last 10 minutes is the sign of a good team culture, regardless of whether the game is a dead rubber or not. That's far more important than trying to gain a couple of draft positions and end up in the position of a team like Carlton for two decades.
I was angry at quarter time.

You could tell Norf were just here because the AFL scheduled the game and had to be there. Had no intention of trying or interest in the game.

Which meant we could never lose and keep pick 2. Without blatant tanking.

As the game went on started enjoying it more knowing we can't lose. The last quarter was a great way to end the season.

Can see why North will be bottom four for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Strauchan was the highlight for me, probably the only 'break glass' ruckman we've had who can actually play footy at this level.
North weren't trying that hard but I think Goldstein was and Strauchanie gave him a bath. An upgrade on ROB whose centre of gravity is too high and limits his athleticism, apart from intercept marking where ROB excels
Never rated Strachan . I have changed my mind the last 2 weeks. ROB still in front by a nose but Strachan will get there with match time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back