Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Assistant Coaches should be only in their Coaching position no more than 4 years or less. You need new refreshing ideas and a changing game plan, so you are not predictable year after year. With our failure to go further this season and prior, changes must be made. Possibly a new forwards, midfield or ruck coach for starters. Yes, other factors do come into it for improvement but for starters new ideas are required in our assistant coaching personnel.

Current coaches >

Chris Fagan- Senior Coach.
Mark Stone- Strategy Coach.
Murray Davis- Backline Coach.
Dale Tapping- Midfield Coach - exiting.
Ben Hudson- Ruck/Midfield coach.
Jed Adcock- Forwards Coach.
Scott Borlace- Head of Development.
Mitch Hahn- VFL Head Coach.
Paul Henriksen- Head of Academy.
Zane Littlejohn- Academy Head of Development.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hahn or Henriksen stepped into the midfield coach role and some new blood came in under them.

Current coaches >

Chris Fagan- Senior Coach.
Mark Stone- Strategy Coach.
Murray Davis- Backline Coach.
Dale Tapping- Midfield Coach - exiting.
Ben Hudson- Ruck/Midfield coach.
Jed Adcock- Forwards Coach.
Scott Borlace- Head of Development.
Mitch Hahn- VFL Head Coach.
Paul Henriksen- Head of Academy.
Zane Littlejohn- Academy Head of Development.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hahn or Henriksen stepped into the midfield coach role and some new blood came in under them.
What are the chances of new assistant coaches for Ruck/Midfield and Forward to get new refreshing ideas. But we need to get the right people?

I really would not mind getting Voss back to the club. Or Lappin although they both seem happy.

Or do we hit up midfield coaches at other clubs. I do think it is one of weaknesses defensive running by our mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a feeling that the Lions will tempt/lure Brendan Bolton to the club.
- Has past history with Fages
- Will certainly add a more defensive side to out game (especially as midfield coach)
- A different voice and fresh ideas
Is his game plan acumen up to it? That is the one thing i think we specifically need help with. I will put my hand up and say i have no idea what the capability of Mark Stone is. But as strategy coach if he is in charge of things such as our kick ins / defending kick ins / our plan when teams get a run on, i’d be worried

Got a feeling that the Lions will tempt/lure Brendan Bolton to the club.
- Has past history with Fages
- Will certainly add a more defensive side to out game (especially as midfield coach)
- A different voice and fresh ideas
Robert Harvey would be an able replacement.

Don't really care who we bring in to our coaching system, no name or big name they'll be selected on the basis they can continue instilling the ethos of the last five years. I do hope our medical team has learnt from what we've done. If we promote from within and bring in support I'd feel a lot more confident that bring in someone from another club tbh.

Peter Blanch is a huge loss. The biggest of the three.
On top of that fitness guy last year who went to Melbourne. Seem,s like a lot of talent has left the club in the past 12 months. Hopefully there replacements are just as good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back