List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity if Comben wanted to leave what do you think would be an acceptable deal?

Anyway, in my opinion CCJ is worth the equivalent of about pick 30 and however Luffy chooses to get there is fine by me.

The deal you presented wasn’t the equivalent of a pick 30 though. Even if we rise up the ladder a bit next year, your deal was the equivalent of a late first rounder.

Comben wouldn’t get us a pick in the top 30 at the moment. He has been in the system 2 years, has barely been able to get himself on the park and has played 1 game. He is worth more to us right now than he would be on the open market, not too dissimilar to CCJ.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He just needs to be a reliable squad player for five years. We need them also.

He might have five years but he's also being paid an average AFL wage over that time.
I still think it’s absurd. In that case It’s a huge commitment to a fringe player

CCJ would obviously be taking that much needed 2nd tall forward position.
You don't offer 5 years to be bench cover and a VFL journeyman.

Either is way long for a 9 gamer, $2m on hope? That’s a huge gamble

Ideally it would be 3 years but he has 2 on the table so if Rawlings rates him it would need to be 4. Five on barely above average is not insane. Again, it comes down to draft capital IMO.

Blergh it all seems too hard , if we managed to find another second round pick perhaps.. Five years is ridic and my cat won't stand for it
I agree with your cat

how would he have done that, with Lynch and Riewoldt ahead of him, Nankervis and Soldo likewise, and lateral competition from Chol?
Whilst they’re good players and considering his age acquiring him isn’t the end of the world but 5 years? Cmon that’s way excessive

to everyone on this board - we don’t need to get bent over in trade week.

No more of giving overs for guys that haven’t even cemented a spot in the senior team.
If you want to give a pick 20-30 for a 4 yr 9 gamer - what would you be giving up for a player that has done something, like georgiades or Kozi from the hawks.

38 is fair for the tigers
Psd is fair for us.

I agree nobes and Rawlings wouldn't be dicks about the psd.... they would want to offer fair trades where they can snd only if a club is being unrealistic would they first threaten then actually use it.... can't remember what Goldie were wanting for Martin but didn't gws want a first for hately hence they were taken...

I still think it’s absurd. In that case It’s a huge commitment to a fringe player

Fine, but it doesn't really matter. It's just a spot. He only needs to hit the ball down to our mids. We didn't sniff at 5 to Jaidyn and he'd not done much for two years.

Could also be guaranteed years plus triggers which is more the norm nowadays. We don't really know anything more that a view from today. He might re-sign with the Tigers in the morning and say he never spoke to us.

Also we don't actually know that it's five years yet. That's based on Tom Morris

s**t, now they know mods are all just one guy... Twinkletoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 39 for CCJ or walk him through to the PSD.

I'd look at Archie Smith, too......Nobes would have seen plenty of him!!

Weideman might still be worth chucking away a future fourth-rounder for. A gamble that doesnt cost much.

Not sure weed is a gamble that won't cost much... if Richmond want pick 20 for ccj, reckon Mel be wanting similar for weed

Fine, but it doesn't really matter. It's just a spot. He only needs to hit the ball down to our mids. We didn't sniff at 5 to Jaidyn and he'd not done much for two years.
Not a fair comparison. Jaidyn had very good runs on the board.

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if it was a four year deal for a tall with triggers.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Given the contract offer, it's probably more like maybe CCJ for 38 and a future 2nd or maybe even CCJ and a 2021 2nd for 20 and 38 and a future 3rd.

38 probably won't cut it given the contract offer and I just can't see is using the PSD route.

I don’t think we will use the PSD route either, but it is no doubt there as leverage when making deals. We can offer a deal that is adequate, but more in our favour and they can take it or leave it. When it gets to the deadline under the current system, any smart operator will just take the deal.

Fair bit of that's got to do with the club he's at and who's ahead of him in that team.

He would have played 22 games for us this season.
Is it, Nank was injured for chunks and they weren’t exactly flying

Also we don't actually know that it's five years yet. That's based on Tom Morris

The same Tom Morris that said Matt Crouch was "insulted" with the Crows only offering him a two year deal only for Crouch to then re-sign with Adelaide a couple days later...for two years

I'd be holding fire before taking the 5 years for CCJ as gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back