List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is an alpha, Marshall's not even a beta, he's a sheila
And CCJ is a poor man's Marshall. If he wants to leave, I think we can replace with someone who will potentially be a better fit for the future, albeit a year or two behind in terms of development.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

And CCJ is a poor man's Marshall. If he wants to leave, I think we can replace with someone who will potentially be a better fit for the future, albeit a year or two behind in terms of development.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
CJ is more manly but less talented than Sarah Marshall.

On the Tom Mitchell chat
If we could get pick 20 from north for ccj
Then use that to get titch

Essentially ccj for titch would be a massive win
Keeps our other 2 first rounders
Would be perfect imo
Wouldn’t be completely terrible if we managed to score pick 20
Wouldn’t want to use any of our other first round picks and still not convinced we would be able to take on his salary

I’ll go against the grain a bit and say yes to Tom Mitchell if it’s a trade for a second rounder or future second rounder and part of his salary is looked after by Hawks.
The guy is one of the best ball magnets the game has ever seen. Fun fact He is actually 7 months younger then Dion Prestia.

I’ll go against the grain a bit and say yes to Tom Mitchell if it’s a trade for a second rounder or future second rounder and part of his salary is looked after by Hawks.
The guy is one of the best ball magnets the game has ever seen. Fun fact He is actually 7 months younger then Dion Prestia.
I’d take Mitchell as long as he comes cheap … we need a inside mid badly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its quite admirable some of them can laugh at their club and shake it off. I think some of them have a bit of character.

I thought some of them would be spitting and squeeling but no some seem more astute than those making the decisions at the club.

Quite interesting. There is a clip of the Geelong crew, superimposed but aged on one of the threads and they are all having a laugh so good on them.

Some of them seem happy to simply make finals some prefer to win the GF if they can, but I think they are not ignorant of what is coming.

I think they may not be so aware how tough it will be when they actually hit bottom in terms of keeping the youngsters and attracting others with money. Its going to take a long time I think but they have some local knowledge of talent in the area which will help them out
They have no idea about the pain that is to come for them … they have been up for so long it’s going to hit them square in the face … only then will we find out the character of the Handbagger supporters resolve …and with all the whinging and squealing they have been doing lately I don’t hold much hope for the mental state of them all ….. but I will quite enjoy it 🐯🤘

CJ is more manly but less talented than Sarah Marshall.
Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

Was he behind Chol in the pecking order or was that more team fit?

Sooooo in my eyes, our depth this year was already a MASSIVE concern as we saw what happened as soon as we copped a few injuries.

We've lost Astbury and Houli, who, although didn't play a heap of footy this year combined, still creates a couple of holes to fill.

If the rumors are true and we lose Chol and CCJ, there's another 2 guys who played a reasonable amount of footy gone.

What I'm getting at is, if we genuinely want to challenge again in 2022, we need to find some ready made replacements/depth this trade period if we are any chance at all. I still absolutely back going to the draft, and I'm also not saying lets just target any old delisted spud for the sake of it, but we absolutely need to add to our depth if we're any hope of contending next year.

If we end up with 20 for CCJ, I wonder what would be out there on the market that we could flip that for in terms of filling a player need? Would we be interested in someone like a Weideman who we could say, once Jack retires, you are absolutely part of our best 22, if not already?

Or, is there a good mid who is up for trade that we could pry away?

Sooooo in my eyes, our depth this year was already a MASSIVE concern as we saw what happened as soon as we copped a few injuries.

We've lost Astbury and Houli, who, although didn't play a heap of footy this year combined, still creates a couple of holes to fill.

If the rumors are true and we lose Chol and CCJ, there's another 2 guys who played a reasonable amount of footy gone.

What I'm getting at is, if we genuinely want to challenge again in 2022, we need to find some ready made replacements/depth this trade period if we are any chance at all. I still absolutely back going to the draft, and I'm also not saying lets just target any old delisted spud for the sake of it, but we absolutely need to add to our depth if we're any hope of contending next year.

If we end up with 20 for CCJ, I wonder what would be out there on the market that we could flip that for in terms of filling a player need? Would we be interested in someone like a Weideman who we could say, once Jack retires, you are absolutely part of our best 22, if not already?

Or, is there a good mid who is up for trade that we could pry away?
I guess it depends on where you see yourselves with a fully fit list. I mean there was rumours we were keen on weid now I wouldn’t give 20 for him, he has played 49 games and really hasn’t shown he would be best 22. But would you guys use it for on of those WA talls?

I guess it depends on where you see yourselves with a fully fit list. I mean there was rumours we were keen on weid now I wouldn’t give 20 for him, he has played 49 games and really hasn’t shown he would be best 22. But would you guys use it for on of those WA talls?

Yeah that's a fair point, I should point out that I think 20 is probably overs for him as well, but there might be an extra pick or something that could be chucked back our way potentially. Going to be interesting to see what we do, we have an absolute glut of picks, especially if this CCJ trade takes place, I wouldn't be against us splitting them up and trading for a few picks in next year's draft too.

Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

Was he behind Chol in the pecking order or was that more team fit?
A 5 year deal is both a risk for the club offering it and the player accepting it.

We will be contending again next year and opportunities will no doubt arise for CCJ should he stay. He would probably be a premiership player if not for Kebab Gate where he cost himself 10 games and the club $100k not to mention the bad publicity. Chol got games because we had no other rucks and is more a ruck/forward, CCJ probably would have got games ahead of Chol if he wasn't injured.

A 2nd round pick this year or next seems fair value.

Yeah that's a fair point, I should point out that I think 20 is probably overs for him as well, but there might be an extra pick or something that could be chucked back our way potentially. Going to be interesting to see what we do, we have an absolute glut of picks, especially if this CCJ trade takes place, I wouldn't be against us splitting them up and trading for a few picks in next year's draft too.

I don't see why 20 would be overs considering that is where about we drafted him and he's had 4 yrs development at the best club of the last 4 yrs as well?

Put on that we don't want him to go .... it is the basement i would look at - and if you start referring to his games to date i'd remind you of the team he's been playing in and also the multi year offers that are currently before him.

Hi, I come in peace!

Why even bother to ask the question ?
just read your own board pick #38 or walk him to the draft appears to be the theme from your sh!t stain of a club

Tassie board is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back