List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa there I’m obviously across what my board is saying . Just raising the question, to see what you guys value him at , I don’t think “walking him to the draft” is gonna happen but I was trying to get some discussion without all the bluster and sh*t
Good pickup for you guys … Roo’s seem to be heading in the right direction

But to answer you question I’m not sure, I mean sure I’d be comfortable with 38 but I think that is clearly insufficient so maybe rnd2 2022 or 38 plus upgrades to you (even that seems not enough) maybe 20 is involved in a more complex deal I just don’t know
Or maybe just pay the going rate of pick 20 and do the honorable deal after offering a player tha not just norf but also GC have offered 5 year deals

Give it a rest with the bravado mate, oppo posters are more than welcome to post here if in good faith
Mate tell me how its good faith when they talk crap on their board and then come here telling us 38 seems like around the mark and 20 is over
Its nothing to do with bravado but more a reflection on their posting on other boards then taking things mentioned here elswhere

Or maybe just pay the going rate of pick 20 and do the honorable deal after offering a player tha not just norf but also GC have offered 5 year deals

mate as far as we know he’s not the list manager at north. Stranger things have happened but it’s very unlikely.

He just wants to talk s**t about footy. It’s just footy.

Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

Was he behind Chol in the pecking order or was that more team fit?
G'day LG, how are ya bud?

As others have said, he's worth pick 20 at least. All day every day. Whether we get that, let's see. If 20's not involved you can bet your 2022 second rounder will, plus some. I could see it landing on your 2022 2nd plus pick 38. Not great for us, but gives us more ammo to trade up this year.

You don't have any players you'd be willing to give that we'd want.

We saw Peter Wright go to essendon for a future 4th who was drafted at pick 8 and as you know Ben Brown essentially went to Melbourne for a 2nd round pick who admittedly was coming off a bad year but before that he was one of the most consistent forwards in the comp and basically a lock for 50 goals a season
Wright was a 700k salary dump. Brown was 28 years old and went for pick 26. Both their clubs wanted them out.

CCJ 40 & 44 for 20 & 38.

North get a ready made ruck/fwd and still get a crack at a couple more kids
That's not bad.

Maybe a bit of premature speculation by Sam Edmund yesterday. He did say he’d make a decision within 24 hrs. The clock is ticking
Is that the same Sam Edmund who said Balme was going to Adelaide, or a different Sam Edmund?

Edmund's just another of these parochial media pissants with egos who think they can play a role in bringing us down.

CCJ to north
17/18 to tiges
20, 38, 44 to doggies

tigers get a late 1st, lose 44 and ccj
North get ccj, lose early 2nd and 3rd picks
Doggies get 20, 38, 44 (1739 points) lose 1st rounder
Dogs make out like bandits. We would just take 20 and 38, I reckon.

Now that CCJ appears to be leaving and Norf are reported to be offering 400 - 450 grand per season over 5, there is no away we should accept any below a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder.

North are prepared to make a million $ commitment to CCJ, then they can't turn around and get cheap at the trade table.

CCJ is a totally different scenario to Butler and Higgins. Butler left with a flag winner medal and a clear understanding he was no longer guaranteed first team action, while Higgins from what I heard was bit of a dick and they where happy to get him out of the joint.

I'm really confident we will play hardball with North over CCJ.

Mate tell me how its good faith when they talk crap on their board and then come here telling us 38 seems like around the mark and 20 is over
Its nothing to do with bravado but more a reflection on their posting on other boards then taking things mentioned here elswhere
It’s not really my concern how/what someone posts elsewhere
If a poster is here and not trying to antagonise and just trying to engage there shouldn’t be an issue

If you don’t want to respond to them or don’t like them than simply don’t respond but no point trying to create hostility when it isn’t necessary

If a poster is here causing trouble and trolling, just hit that report button and it will be taken care of

It’s not really my concern how/what someone posts elsewhere
If a poster is here and not trying to antagonise and just trying to engage there shouldn’t be an issue

If you don’t want to respond to them or don’t like them than simply don’t respond but no point trying to create hostility when it isn’t necessary

If a poster is here causing trouble and trolling, just hit that report button and it will be taken care of

So i dont have a right of reply because it may offend a poster telling me a player from my club is not worth pick #20!
CARD ME MATE

What a ******* campaigner CCJ is if he leaves , costs someone a job at the club then decides to fu** off the next year , weak as piss
Get a grip. If he's actually being offered $2million then obviously he's taking that. Can't see us offering anything near that.

Hes not an established player so future contracts and money are not guaranteed. At best we offer him what? Like $1m over 3 years?
He's not turning down $1m for less of an opportunity to play. He doesn't owe us anything. We had him contracted and he has played out that contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a grip. If he's actually being offered $2million then obviously he's taking that. Can't see us offering anything near that.

Hes not an established player so future contracts and money are not guaranteed. At best we offer him what? Like $1m over 3 years?
He's not turning down $1m for less of an opportunity to play. He doesn't owe us anything. We had him contracted and he has played out that contract.
If he’s being offered 2mil maybe he could pay back the $100k he and Stacks * up cost the club as a starting point .

North have us over a barrel pick 38 is unders but it’s them being polite

Ccj picked the worst team to do a deal with because the psd threat

Those saying he doesn’t owe us I disagree he’s been shielded from the media and has cost people jobs pissing off like this is a campaigner move

Higgins leaving how he did was also a campaigner move

Its not all about business and $ tho - successful football clubs are built on players making sacrifices to be part of it. This is not like a normal job - you don't take your pay and go home, AFL players have an opportunity to build their own personal brand through loyalty and team success.

This decision will be something he can look back on when he retires with pride and say he made an honorable decision or he can look back with regret. You have a long time to reflect on your career when you retire.

He has a choice to make as to whether he wants to be known as a respected and successful footballer or just some lame-arse nobody who chased the dollar

Also - surely he must know Jack will be retiring end of next year and if there are any injuries he will be first cab off the rank next year. He should be backing himself to be a big part of our 2023 team and possibly a part of our 2022 team.

North have us over a barrel pick 38 is unders but it’s them being polite

Ccj picked the worst team to do a deal with because the psd threat

Those saying he doesn’t owe us I disagree he’s been shielded from the media and has cost people jobs pissing off like this is a campaigner move

Higgins leaving how he did was also a campaigner move
So every player leaving for better opportunity is a campaigner?

Righto mate.

So i dont have a right of reply because it may offend a poster telling me a player from my club is not worth pick #20!
CARD ME MATE

You can have a reply, but do so without being a dick about it.

You are aware that we are just posters on bigfooty with an opinion and what we post here has no bearing on how the deal will actually go down?

Dogs make out like bandits. We would just take 20 and 38, I reckon.
Then giving us 8 picks in the top 50, we wouldn’t even use 38 in that scenario so why not use 44 to upgrade 20 to 17/18. Plus you’d need lots more points then people think! Why would dogs give up that pick for a 100-200 point upgrade! Cats could use 30,32,34 for roughly 1600 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back