Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Wouldnt that play into that he should have copped more backlash than a relatively unknown person posting some casually racist sh*t on the gram?
I would have thought that millions of people knowing what McGuire has done is worse than however many people (which is significantly less) knowing whatever she posted on Instagram, but maybe that's just me 🤷‍♂️

I would have thought that millions of people knowing what McGuire has done is worse than however many people (which is significantly less) knowing whatever she posted on Instagram, but maybe that's just me 🤷‍♂️
But what were the repercussions for McGuire? None. He didnt lost his job, he didnt get demoted, he didnt lose endorsement deals.

Shes been suspended and demoted and probably had more lines written about her insta post than what were written about her cumulatively prior.

Think youve got it backwards. Way more people would know about McGuires incident(s)

McGuire didnt lose his job, from memory he apologised and that was it.

Love has been suspended and wont be presenting on screen when she returns (demotion).

Same as Nadia and Carey. Shes lost a few endorsement deals and is being hounded by the press (whcih granted is partially her own doing) he glassed a chick, got done for DV as well as a few other indiscretions and has effectively lost nothing.

Careys i think is much more an example of changing times (his stuff was some time ago).

The Nadia one has just happened, of course this will be blowback but she'll be back doing whatever she does (post pictures of herself) in no time and be on news/TV shows. She'll be hoping the melb cup racing carnival is open to 'celebrities' for her comeback.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

What exactly has Nadia Bartel lost? It's not like she was fired from being an 'influencer' and I don't think there has been any police involvement?

The larger debate of men v women re consequences of bad behaviour is wasted on her; she's only known because she was the wife of a footballer. If your entire image/career is based on wholesome* instagram posts, you can't get mad when footage of you doing a line of coke impacts that.

People are having a laugh if they don't think women cop more from "cancel culture". I am not a fan of Nadia Bartel's, I have never followed her on social media and I don't think she's a great role model in any capacity, but the way she's been attacked ever since her separation has been disgusting. The Herald Sun continually write articles about her, which brain dead idiots comment "stunning and brave" on - do these articles have quotes from Nadia? Was she contributing to these humiliating stories in any way? No. But because she continued to have her own career in the 'influencer' field despite losing her title as a WAG, people despise her. She's no longer connected to a footballer, so therefore she must retreat into oblivion forever.

If I saw my boyfriend commenting 'stunning and brave' sarcastically on any story about a woman, I'd seriously reconsider my relationship.

What exactly has Nadia Bartel lost? It's not like she was fired from being an 'influencer' and I don't think there has been any police involvement?

The larger debate of men v women re consequences of bad behaviour is wasted on her; she's only known because she was the wife of a footballer. If your entire image/career is based on wholesome* instagram posts, you can't get mad when footage of you doing a line of coke impacts that.
Shes lost some endorsement deals. You can debate the merits of influencer as a job but shes missing out on deals and money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what were the repercussions for McGuire? None. He didnt lost his job, he didnt get demoted, he didnt lose endorsement deals.

Shes been suspended and demoted and probably had more lines written about her insta post than what were written about her cumulatively prior.
I think you're downplaying the notoriety of the incidents and the effect that can have somewhat.

And to be clear, I'm not even arguing that there isn't a gender element involved in the response to contentious incidents (because I think there is, along with some other elements such as the typical politics one has to follow if you want to be a traditional "influencer") - its more that I think you chose a poor example in comparing a well known incident to one that most people would have no idea about to prove your point

It’s the truth
It's a great article. The only man I can think of who has been cancelled for dumb/offensive comments was Barry Hall after his regrettable comments on radio - he's definitely struggled since then. Genuinely struggling to think of more..

It's a great article. The only man I can think of who has been cancelled for dumb/offensive comments was Barry Hall after his regrettable comments on radio - he's definitely struggled since then. Genuinely struggling to think of more..
Harvey Weinstein, Louis CK etc. but they did a bit more than rack a line at a house party.

Scott Cummings for reading parts of Urban Dictionary in a podcast

Harvey Weinstein, Louis CK etc. but they did a bit more than rack a line at a house party.
Yeah I think they're a bit different, the fact that they got away with it for so long (decades) is the real story there.
Scott Cummings for reading parts of Urban Dictionary in a podcast
Ah yep, good one. Although I do think he's re-entered society since then and most people have forgotten about it. Swanny is doing fine.

I cant read the article (dont have an account and CBF signing up for one) but its pretty hard to argue that women dont cop a harsher lens than men for the most part.

Eddie McGuire v Georgia Love is a pretty solid comparison of casual racism copping very differing responses having said that, neither of those women have been "cancelled" probably need to chill with that word.

The article is a load of feminist nonsense, ignoring the reality of life being predominantly 'who needs who' which, irrespective of gender, most people have the opportunity to determine.

Sadly for Nadia and her friends, according to the victimhood scale 'straight white women with disposable income' sit's second bottom, just above all those evil straight white men - and playing the victim to circumstances you created is always a hard sell...!

Love it how some people, specifically in these enlightened times, create their own storms and then get upset when it rains..?

ps. Has anyone met or know of a female journalist who is not a feminist..? Perhaps this is prerequisite under tertiary qualifications and industry experience when applying for related employment...

Last edited:
It's really not hard to argue if you accept the reality of life is predominantly 'who needs who' which, irrespective of gender, most people have the opportunity to determine.

Sadly for Nadia and her friends, according to the victimhood scale 'straight white women with disposable income' sit's second bottom, just above all those evil straight white men - and playing the victim to circumstances you created is always a hard sell...!

Love it how some people, specifically in these enlightened times, create their own storms and then get upset when it rains..?

ps. Has anyone met or know of a female journalist who is not a feminist..? Perhaps this is prerequisite under tertiary qualifications and industry experience when applying for related employment...
Not hard to argue, then agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back