EPL Matchday 10 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Spurs fans consider this to be their peak side under Poch?
View attachment 1268697
Nah. Crazily enough the peak side probably had no Son in the starting XI.

1635299731406.png

With Dier playing as a DM or 3rd CB in a 3-4-2-1 this was when we were belting bogey sides like Stoke and West Brom 4-0 in a half and 2nd gear and seeing it out.

Lloris
Toby Dier JV
Walker Dembele Eriksen Rose
Lamela Dele
Kane

Only 3 outfield players remain and they're all ****ed right now. Dele was only as good as the system allowed him to be getting in behind Kane dropping off. Kane relying on a side not being bottom 4 quality for chances created. Dier had the two Belgians at their peak next to him and Dembele to play the ball to before ******* up, he now has Sanchez or Romero next to him and Hojberg to pass to.

Nah. Crazily enough the peak side probably had no Son in the starting XI.

View attachment 1268714

With Dier playing as a DM or 3rd CB in a 3-4-2-1 this was when we were belting bogey sides like Stoke and West Brom 4-0 in a half and 2nd gear and seeing it out.

Rose before he started googling new signings was decent.

Was scrambling to find a game with Alli in the team instead of Lamela (and the rest of the team being fit) but gave up.
Given all the yellows i am guessing that was a game that should never be spoken about.

Our peak was a year later when we got 86 points. Generally that team had Wanyama in

Rose before he started googling new signings was decent.
Rose before he did his knee was very good. Got injured and a bad initial diagnosis on his knee which botched his surgery, then saw his mate Walker get his big money move north while he was out, got a bit fat, got bitter, got even more fat and is now not starting for Watford.

Given all the yellows i am guessing that was a game that should never be spoken about.

Our peak was a year later when we got 86 points. Generally that team had Wanyama in
Yeah I was trying to think about when it was Wanyama came into it. Even then still had no Son in it, crazy really. The draws at the start of that campaign with Janssen leading the line with Kane injured cost us dearly in the end. In hindsight Poch should have given the keys to Son at the point in time to play up front.

Lloris
Toby Dier JV
Trippier Wanyama Dembele Rose
Dele Eriksen
Kane

We are in a state of flux. We want the team to win but with there is a caretaker type feel to Nuno. His natural inept ability to make use of Son and Kane will see us lose enough games naturally for him to get the sack at the end of the season for us fans to not hope we lose to get him sacked if that makes sense
I was under the impression on here and Twitter most fans wanted him gone already.

I was under the impression on here and Twitter most fans wanted him gone already.
We do but we also know that its unrealistic considering he has just been appointed. He'll prove to be bad enough over the course of the season and unless we are in relegation threat I don't see a move being made on him until the end of the season.

I seem to recall the media and football fans piling on Roberto Firmino in a similar manner during his first six months in England. Labelled a flop, a waste of money and not really able to get onto the pitch. Turns out he wasn't too bad at football.

Sancho has barely played and is playing under a manager who is not good enough to get the best out of his players. Once a new coach comes in, every chance Sancho starts to excel and returns to his position as one of the best young players in the world. Far be it from me to defend a Man United player, but this criticism is far too premature. At least give it a full season.
I think the criticism more so for mine is they really needed an upgrade at DM / CM instead.

But agreed, players coming into the Premier league really for the first time never really hit the ground running these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do but we also know that its unrealistic considering he has just been appointed. He'll prove to be bad enough over the course of the season and unless we are in relegation threat I don't see a move being made on him until the end of the season.
Well, I'm rooting for the Spurs on the weekend.

Probably the most disgracefully corrupt refereeing performance in Premier League history as well.
I vote this one, wonder what that bloke does for a living nowadays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back