Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon North came up with more dough than his contract at the Suns. It's a business and that's why he left us. Why do North want him given the midfield talent they are building? Experience? A big body to protect their kids?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would try him as a “small” forward and put his tackling pressure in the forward 50 where he can also take a decent grab. I don’t think the midfield is his spot. I always preferred him p forward.

Why they didn't just delist a player not in their best 22 is beyond me. I mean if they delisted Atkins do they honestly think anyone would have touched him? What an absolute disaster from the Suns again.
This.

Surely no one is picking up the Atkins contract & if they do, it's a bonus!

Crazy list management to delist a best 23 player.

Has he though? Wasn’t top 10 in their b&f this year, 4th last year. Reached his ceiling. Not really what you want to focus on with the young talent they’ve got.
Even conceding that his form isn't as good as it was last year, I still don't believe for a second that this was a deliberate ploy by GC. They would have stage managed that tweet from Greenwood to placate their fans. They have clearly been blindsided by this decision.

That previous post would indicate they're not particularly worried about it nor should they be with a soon to be 30 year old player off their books and the talented young midfielders they have already set to likely be bolstered by another super talented player in less than a fortnight.

That previous post would indicate they're not particularly worried about it nor should they be with a soon to be 30 year old player off their books and the talented young midfielders they have already set to likely be bolstered by another super talented player in less than a fortnight.

Greenwood out, Hobbs in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even conceding that his form isn't as good as it was last year, I still don't believe for a second that this was a deliberate ploy by GC. They would have stage managed that tweet from Greenwood to placate their fans. They have clearly been blindsided by this decision.
It’s funny how 2 people can look at the same thing but see it totally differently. All those asking why didn’t the Suns do it to a player the Suns wouldn’t have been so sad to lose …

They did.

It’s funny how 2 people can look at the same thing but see it totally differently. All those asking why didn’t the Suns do it to a player the Suns wouldn’t have been so sad to lose …

They did.
It's all just speculation. Neither of us know for sure. I think mine is the more conservative bet though. For yours to be true, it would mean there is a level of competence in Gold Coast's list management they haven't displayed in their entire existence up until this point.

Greenwood just proved why he is no longer at the Crows. What a terrible individual and a cancer of a human. The AFL should veto this deal. This was an agreed upon move by Gold Coast and Greenwood for list management purposes with an intended outcome that would never have happened had Gold Coast known his intention which I am sure they would have happily traded him.

For him and his manager to be secretly negotiating deals behind gc back is beyond the realms of disgusting. In no way should a player ever be allowed to con their way out of a contract and be delisted. The precedent this sets is massive. Can't blame gc for this at all. The AFL must squash this and I'd even go so far as to ban Greenwood for 12 months. You just can't circle jerk and play the system like this.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greenwood just proved why he is no longer at the Crows. What a terrible individual and a cancer of a human. The AFL should veto this deal. This was an agreed upon move by Gold Coast and Greenwood for list management purposes with an intended outcome that would never have happened had Gold Coast known his intention which I am sure they would have happily traded him.

For him and his manager to be secretly negotiating deals behind gc back is beyond the realms of disgusting. In no way should a player ever be allowed to con their way out of a contract and be delisted. The precedent this sets is massive. Can't blame gc for this at all. The AFL must squash this and I'd even go so far as to ban Greenwood for 12 months. You just can't circle jerk and play the system like this.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't really like the guy but calling him a cancer is a bit much. Mercenary would be fairer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back