Draper
Howes
Long
Motlop
Dittmar
Warner
Dean

Likelihood of swans picking one of them.... unknown

You’d assume Freo take Johnson with the first pick tomorrow unless they get the Kings Ramsom for it

Well said Buddy Holly.
It's like you are stalking me. I'm pretty happy with Sheldrick. He was in my top 3. I watched the final of the WA colts match and I did not even know him. He was best on ground. You can go back and look at what I posted about him that game, He was everywhere. He is a Sherman tank with the running capacity of Hannebery. Hard as a cats head. We have depth with quality now.

Make up of the remaining picks will be interesting. Expect to take 2 picks tomorrow and 3 in the rookie draft (2 of which should be Lewis Taylor and Angus Anderson)

Would think of the 3 live picks we would be looking at an outside mid and a half back flanker/winger with at least two of the picks. The third could be a reach up for a KPD or another mid/flanker.

Hi Sydney fans. I come in peace. I was pretty devastated that you guys landed Sheldrick. Don't think you should be worrying about the consensus 'bigger names' because this kid's a gun. In the draft predictions thread I had you guys taking him because outside of Hobbs, he is by far the best inside ball winner and arguably is better than Hobbs at that actual part of the game. If you need to be convinced just watch the Colts grand final when he was playing injured. Put the team on his back in the third quarter - dusty-esque. Needs to get fitter but the SCG will suit him perfectly. Perfect replacement for your ageing inside mids and I think in a few years will be considered a Doedee type value pick. Back in your recruiting team and get around what this kid can do. He's a ripper.

Very very jealous.

Thanks for your evaluation. What do you think about his kicking? Is it a weakness?

Other than that he sounds like a really good get, though sounds like both he and Gould will be in fat camp together :p

Make up of the remaining picks will be interesting. Expect to take 2 picks tomorrow and 3 in the rookie draft (2 of which should be Lewis Taylor and Angus Anderson)

Would think of the 3 live picks we would be looking at an outside mid and a half back flanker/winger with at least two of the picks. The third could be a reach up for a KPD or another mid/flanker.
With Anderson on the cards with a late/rookie pick, I'd be pretty disappointed if we went another inside mid with our 2nd or 3rd. Priority now is a KPD and a winger/hybrid mid. If by some stroke of luck we have Taylor or Bazzo available at our 2nd it'll be amazing. Otherwise Warner or Dean, and some of the other later KPDs are options.

Clubs need to harden up and play the bluff from some of these draftees. Everyone has a view on this but these comments from draftees basically attacks the draft at its base and the AFL needs to direct clubs to ignore these threats from potential draftees. How it isnt draft tampering is beyond me.

Ban them from being drafted at all.

Thanks for your evaluation. What do you think about his kicking? Is it a weakness?

Other than that he sounds like a really good get, though sounds like both he and Gould will be in fat camp together :p
His kicking technique in space is fine. Seen him butcher a few but not often. It's more his dump kicks from stoppages that are sometimes a bit shallow. But you aren't picking him for his kicking. His natural football ability to be the one who wins it when it's in dispute is uncanny. This might seem like hyperbole, but there is Luke hodge in his stoppage ability. Like a midget hodge without the skills and overhead ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking technique in space is fine. Seen him butcher a few but not often. It's more his dump kicks from stoppages that are sometimes a bit shallow. But you aren't picking him for his kicking. His natural football ability to be the one who wins it when it's in dispute is uncanny. This might seem like hyperbole, but there is Luke hodge in his stoppage ability. Like a midget hodge without the skills and overhead ability.

He almost sounds like Worpel from your description.

He almost sounds like Worpel from your description.

Check out my post in our draft thread and the video time stamps. No worpel there.

Check out my post in our draft thread and the video time stamps. No worpel there.

Thanks a lot for the link and the time stamps. Loved how clean he was in the clearance, seems to know where to be and the speed to go at in those packs.

With Anderson on the cards with a late/rookie pick, I'd be pretty disappointed if we went another inside mid with our 2nd or 3rd. Priority now is a KPD and a winger/hybrid mid. If by some stroke of luck we have Taylor or Bazzo available at our 2nd it'll be amazing. Otherwise Warner or Dean, and some of the other later KPDs are options.

Outside run variety whether in be Half Back or through the middle. Would love Taylor

I posted earlier that I had 5 draft reaction gifs ready to use;

So I'll finally get round to using them and these two would have summed up my reaction when we selected Sheldrick; :)
dr phil amazed.gif i'll allow it.gif

I'm guessing I wouldn't be out of step with the majority of the board.
Initial surprise, as I don't think anyone (including Angus himself) expected him to be taken at pick 18, but then acceptance that he is a good player, may not have made it to our second pick and recognition that in a compromised season (or two) more than ever we have to back our recruiters judgement.

So onwards to the next phase with Zac Taylor and Jack Williams (who hopefully could be used at both ends) as my preferences.

I swear you manage to squeeze in a crack at Gould in 50% of your posts. It's honestly really bizarre

I still reckon we need to get rid of the CEO reading out the names of each draftee like a cardboard cutout.
Its ridiculous. We need pizzazz. We need footy crediblity. We need a couple of muppets up in the grandstands debating the merits and benefits.
He is like the puppet from Hey Hey its Saturday. Get him off.

This is supposed to be a happy positive day. He looks like a funeral director.

As long as we take Warner with our next pick I will be happy.

Taking angus at our first is a reach however by the sounds of it he has those “intangibles “ that cannot be taught to a player. Hunger to compete is on someone’s dna and it can’t be developed or thought. He screams out as the type of bloke to be desperate for success and will do anything to win a contest. They are the players premiership teams are built around.

I have complete trust in the club on this one. Very excited for what he can do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back