Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treloar's figures ....2 games in a new team / gameplan I'll allow .....but I can't decide at this point, treloar v dunkley

Dunkley does have a bigger peak in scoring though :think:

View attachment 1305189
Both seem as injury prone as each other too. Really unsure on how to play that

[/QUOTE]
Never understood the concern about rucks clashing in bye rounds. You need 18 scores plus, ideally, two or three extras for insurance. Doesn’t matter what position on the ground they come from.

I think the concern was picking 2x premo rucks with the same bye. Which I think is a valid concern as you're committing to 2x donuts in that round (other than your bench backup, which more often than not is another donut.

It means you're committing to an absolute max of 20 in that final round from the outset. And means you need to field basically 100% green dots everywhere else.

It might be enough of a deterrent for me against the Grundy/Darcy combo. Grundy (or Gawn) / Witts may be the best combo.

Cam Guthrie should really get more love than he does.

Exceptional year and I cant see any reason for him not to do it again in 2022.

His year in 2021 is a bit of an outlier though. Howevver 2019 on reduced minutes was also good.

His year in 2021 is a bit of an outlier though. Howevver 2019 on reduced minutes was also good.
I’m sure you’re correct.

I planned for ages about the byes last year and part of it was getting in Guthrie. He was scoring so well and was unique: unfortunately he got injured first game, then his bye, then was a late withdrawal the week after.

A big reason for the killing of my momentum.

But he will be a good pick, I’m sure.

Duncan misses games regularly too
Yep all 3 have very below average injury history of the last 2 years. I’ll almost certainly be going Duncan as his role is assured. The other two is a toss of a coin. Probably go in with one of them max as trying to mitigate having too many guys from the one team. Dunkley seems to have the higher ceiling of the two

I was a big fan of him last year but I can’t fit him in as im going to back in my 2021 pod Callum Mills instead. This guy racks it up for fun.

I wonder if I can fit both in

Macrae Mills Oliver Simpkin Yeo Rowell for now

I was a big fan of him last year but I can’t fit him in as im going to back in my 2021 pod Callum Mills instead. This guy racks it up for fun.

I wonder if I can fit both in

Macrae Mills Oliver Simpkin Yeo Rowell for now
I rate the Mills pick. Think he still has room to grow. Apparently played large chunks of last year with an Achilles problem too so makes it all the more impressive. Not going Steele is a ballsy move though

I rate the Mills pick. Think he still has room to grow. Apparently played large chunks of last year with an Achilles problem too so makes it all the more impressive. Not going Steele is a ballsy move though

Yeah I watched a lot of Sydney games last year and he just sat in the middle and was the main link up man without even trying.

78 in his last game was subbed off early so discounted?

One game against Geelong he sat full back on danger for almost a half.

Should be good to go again.

Yeah love Steele, I feel that extra $100-200k will be handy elsewhere. I already have a few captain options so not fully desperate for him…. Yet

Yeah I watched a lot of Sydney games last year and he just sat in the middle and was the main link up man without even trying.

Yeah love Steele, I feel that extra $100-200k will be handy elsewhere. I already have a few captain options so not fully desperate for him…. Yet
Yeah I like Mills a lot just not sure how to fit him in at this stage as that spot kind of comes down to guys like him, Macrae, Mitchell, Merrett (pod as well) etc.

I think saints draw is scary easy to begin with hence why I feel like Steele is a must have but generally it’s guys like yourself going against the grain that get a jump on everyone else so fair play. Mills definitely shown a decent ceiling to be a viable captain option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should hope Duncan stays in the team if you're getting Guthrie. Those two play kick to kick to each other half the time.

The annoying one was 2018 when I started the season with him and he was a late out in round 2 on Easter Monday.

Didn’t play round 3 as well so had to be a trade.

Some guys I just have no luck with: Duncan, Matt Crouch and especially Josh Kelly being some of the worst.

I reckon out of at least 5 times in my team the best I’ve ever had out of Kelly is 4 or 5 games.

With loop holes, a captain choice becomes somewhat irrelevant particularly early on.

Saints have no early games pretty much all year. First one is not till round 6 when he gets a friday game.

Meanwhile teams like Dogs/Dees are Friday night games every 2nd week.

I'd wager most will be taking VCs from the likes of Oliver, Macrae, Dunkley.

Steele will be good insurance for a final captains score to bring it home if the VC fails. But really how often does that happen? The premo names get 100+ in their sleep these days and most people take the bird in the hand once it's locked away rather than risk the +10-30pts extra.

Something I decided to do last year was review my trades through the year and rate them as pass/fail. I ignored things like an injury being a fail as it muddies the data.

But basically it said:

$170-$250k range. Good chance of success (90%). Low risk. Can't really go wrong in this bracket, just pick the obvious cows.
$250-$350 range. Poor chance of success (16%). Cows cash gen can stop so quickly, and grabbing guys in this bracket takes away most of the upside instantly.
$350-$500k range. 0% chance of success (0%). Worse then the 250-350 range these guys can lose money and quickly, while not scoring enough to justify their price. Generally they're at this price for a reason, and wont be taking the next leg up any time soon.
$500-$700k. Risky picking (35% success). Trying to pluck value here is tricky. Hoping to find a fallen premo that returns to form rarely seems to work. And guys who are stuck in this price range rarely take that next leg up to uber premo. Moreover, they drop alot of points to the elite bracket.
$800k+ High chance of success (100% success). Scoreboard history. Rock up every week.

Obviously this does not apply to building our starting teams as theres some good players in lower price categories for injury reasons etc.

But just a word of caution trying to luck the slightly cheaper premos over just shelling out for the good ones. It can be a big points difference.

I have Mills too but I just don't think you can't have Steele!
I actually think the 3 top averages this year will be Steele, Mills then Titch!
With Collingwood, Freo, Richmond and Hawthorn in his first 4, he could be averaging 140 after 4 rounds!!!

I have Mills too but I just don't think you can't have Steele!
I actually think the 3 top averages this year will be Steele, Mills then Titch!
With Collingwood, Freo, Richmond and Hawthorn in his first 4, he could be averaging 140 after 4 rounds!!!

I can easily find room for him, would mean upgrading Macrae

Personally I'm avoiding WB players for now, just too many mouths to feed!!

Dunkley and Treloar on my watch list but 3 players in one teams midfiled, each averaging over 100, is rare.

Happy to make WB players my upgrade targets, especially Macrae who I don't see much upside in

Personally I'm avoiding WB players for now, just too many mouths to feed!!

Dunkley and Treloar on my watch list but 3 players in one teams midfiled, each averaging over 100, is rare.

Happy to make WB players my upgrade targets, especially Macrae who I don't see much upside in
The one thing with Macrae though is he always scores well no matter what. He’s a picture of consistency because his role is defined.

The main reason though that I’m so bullish on starting with him is because every second week bulldogs play a Thursday or Friday game. He’s literally the perfect VC loop option

The one thing with Macrae though is he always scores well no matter what. He’s a picture of consistency because his role is defined.

The main reason though that I’m so bullish on starting with him is because every second week bulldogs play a Thursday or Friday game. He’s literally the perfect VC loop option
Macrae, Steele, Mitchell pick 2? That’s my conundrum

I have all 3 .....biggest conundrum for me is Walsh v Zerrett

Lyons last season for me was great ....I don't have him so far this year (too expensive) ....I'm having those remorseful feelings though, and it's only Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back