Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys nice to be back. Need something to look forward too. Whats everyones thinking on taranto. Is he worth the risk. Have a feeling cameron gonna swap him and cogs on a whim all year. Otherwise he would look soo good as a forward.
Taranto is squeezed out here atm. Upgrade target #1 in my forward line.

Wanted to see how tricky it would be to create a team with no rookies (<300k) on field

Turns out its not difficult at all.

View attachment 1304013
[/QUOTE]

Interesting concept, I just did one but with JHF and Daicos as my only rooks, given their massive ownership levels. Quite surprised at how well it turned out:

DEF: Lloyd, Whit, Bowes, Ridley, Sicily, Milera (McDonagh, W. Kelly)

MID: Steele, Neale, Yeo, M. Crouch, Caldwell, Rowell, JHF, N.Daicos (G. Clark, C. Stephens)

RUCK: Witts, Preuss (Comben)

FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Butters, Heeney, Gresham, Rayner (Hollands, S. De Koning)

UTIL: McAsey

Are Day and Rowell good Fantasy players ? ......even in his barnstorming 1st year, Rowell's discrepency in SC and Fantasy scores were significant ....a whopping 30+ differential

Year 1
Fantasy - 70.8
SuperCoach - 102
That 70.8 from Rowell is with 16 minute quarters, so more like a 90 average. It also included a zero in the last game.
I’d be more tempted to roll the dice on darcy if he was a different bye round but given freos bye round is the same as melb and pies then I don’t quite see enough reward for the risk.
Never understood the concern about rucks clashing in bye rounds. You need 18 scores plus, ideally, two or three extras for insurance. Doesn’t matter what position on the ground they come from.
Wanted to see how tricky it would be to create a team with no rookies (<300k) on field

Turns out its not difficult at all.

View attachment 1304013
Yep. That team would burst out of the blocks. Just need to make sure your bench has plenty of cash generation.

It is a very forgiving salary cap this year. Too forgiving. Not enough agonising for my liking.

One of the big pluses for me last year was paying up for job security. Instead of looking for cheap rookies I brought in a lot of guys in the 230 - 350k range. Players that had established themselves in the 22 with plenty of price growth left.

Too many 170k guys went nowhere.

That 70.8 from Rowell is with 16 minute quarters, so more like a 90 average. It also included a zero in the last game.
I guess I'm talking relativity between Fantasy scores and SC scores ......all other measurements being equal; 16 min qtrs and injury affect .....there was still a massive 30 point diff in average

I find players have a better suitability to diff Fantasy games .....Tarranto a classic example, terrible SC selection but great Fantasy player

With there being a bit of discussion as to whether you should pay 1 million + on a player and also of the list posted earlier (thanks for that) of the starting line-ups of previous car winning teams and their decision, generally, to not pay top dollar, I thought I would post the little look I had at the top 10 players from previous years and how they performed in their following year.

Barring Tom Mitchell, the highest priced players in 2017 all suffered big falls in average the next season. A bit of an outlier year, I guess, but every year there are plenty who significantly drop their average.

Top Ten 1.png
Top Ten 2.png

Last edited:
With there being a bit of discussion as to whether you should pay 1 million + on a player and also of the list posted earlier (thanks for that) of the starting line-ups of previous car winning teams and their decision, generally, to not pay top dollar, I thought I would post the little look I had at the top 10 players from previous years and how they performed in their following year.

Barring Tom Mitchell, the highest priced players in 2017 all suffered big falls in average the next season. A bit of an outlier year, I guess, but every year there are plenty who significantly drop their average.

View attachment 1304424
View attachment 1304426
Just shows you how hard it is to back up a great year I guess. I can see Touk, Lyons, Wines all coming down. Probably Steele as well though I will still start him. Guys like Aaron Hall I can see coming down too. It’s about finding that value, and trying to unearth that next guy that goes from 85-95 to 110

Hey shadow whats your thoughts on constable this year. Just think he has something to prove this year and he will produce. Cats starved him of opportunity and never found continuity after rookie year.

Hey shadow whats your thoughts on constable this year. Just think he has something to prove this year and he will produce. Cats starved him of opportunity and never found continuity after rookie year.

Honest opinion, is that I'm surprised he's still on a list. His biggest problem has been his tank, and that hasn't improved in the 4 seasons he's been on an AFL list.

We gave him the first 7 games of 2019, but since then, he showed that he's a low TOG one trick pony (seriously, he played like 55% in one game last year).

When you're in a team with Danger, Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan, Menegola, Parfitt etc. you need to be able to play multiple positions as there's no guarantee of mid time. It's been a massive source of discussion on our board, but I'm firmly in the camp of him never doing the work to get an 'elite' AFL body.

Apparently GC are trialing him at half back, but GC have about 47 players on their list, and there are a lot of talented players ahead of him. He'll just be another Murdoch or Horlin-Smith, IMO. A player we send to GC that won't make it but is getting a lifeline to see if he will. In any case, he ain't getting inside mid time which is his one wood, so I'd be staying FARR away on that basis alone.

Hope that helps :)

Honest opinion, is that I'm surprised he's still on a list. His biggest problem has been his tank, and that hasn't improved in the 4 seasons he's been on an AFL list.

We gave him the first 7 games of 2019, but since then, he showed that he's a low TOG one trick pony (seriously, he played like 55% in one game last year).

When you're in a team with Danger, Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan, Menegola, Parfitt etc. you need to be able to play multiple positions as there's no guarantee of mid time. It's been a massive source of discussion on our board, but I'm firmly in the camp of him never doing the work to get an 'elite' AFL body.

Apparently GC are trialing him at half back, but GC have about 47 players on their list, and there are a lot of talented players ahead of him. He'll just be another Murdoch or Horlin-Smith, IMO. A player we send to GC that won't make it but is getting a lifeline to see if he will. In any case, he ain't getting inside mid time which is his one wood, so I'd be staying FARR away on that basis alone.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the breakdown!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

V2

Hall, Lloyd, Hewitt, Sicily, Milera, McDonagh

Steele, Mitchell, Oliver, Yeo, Serong, Rowell, Daicos, Clark

Grundy, Witts

Duncan, Dunkley, Treloar, Gresham, Hollands, De Koning

If I need extra cash to upgrade Yeo, Witts or Gresham, I will go Hall down to a Dawson or further down to a Ridley/Bowes.

First crack of the year, reasonably happy with the side so far actually. Pruess at R3 is something I’ll stick with until the preseason. The value is ridiculous but I can’t start him on the field, considering Steele down and Witts up to Darcy though.

DEF: Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (Skinner, O’Driscoll)

MID: Steele, Mitchell, Oliver, Serong, JFH, Daicos, Ward, Erasmus (Clark, Stephen’s)

RUC: Grundy, Witts (Pruess)

FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Treloar, Thomas, Rayner, Hollands (Pedlar, Durdin)

(Edwards)

My strategy this time of the year is to keep as many rookies off the ground as possible, until we know where the ones with job security are likely to be. That way it becomes much easier to adjust once we see the usual increase in rookies popping up closer to R1. Adding rookies to an existing team is much easier than having to upgrade them if job security becomes questionable closer to R1.

1641197492428.png
M1-M4 still really placeholder type picks (not entirely sure who I want yet)
D3 and F4 also speculative at this point

Fair call. Dunkley still a wait and see in precseason for me though. If Bevo sits him forward again I don’t think I can go there
1641201873719.png

Surely its the same as last season. The only concern is that Treloar was still getting into fitness early on last season. So the question will be what effect a fully fit Treloar has. Also might not have to contend with Bailey Smith for a spot.....

View attachment 1305185

Surely its the same as last season. The only concern is that Treloar was still getting into fitness early on last season. So the question will be what effect a fully fit Treloar has. Also might not have to contend with Bailey Smith for a spot.....
Treloar's figures ....2 games in a new team / gameplan I'll allow .....but I can't decide at this point, treloar v dunkley

Dunkley does have a bigger peak in scoring though :think:

1641202400577.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back