Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong fans hatred of Kolo always amused me. He's a solid defender. Not good offensively but you do need those types in your back 7

Agreed, he's not that bad. I mean, I wouldn't be heartbroken if someone better came along and pushed him out, but 'surprised he's still on a list' is a bit much. If we delisted him at the end of the year, someone else would give him a chance.

And Rohan too... say what you want about him as a finals performer, but we've missed him this year, as far as I'm concerned.

They're really silly, bitter, sooky nominations. This thread isn't about players who have been at the same club and been selected whenever fit for years.

If by better fit, you mean useless. Then you're right.

Rohan can bust a pack, pressures the opposing ball carrier out of the backline and is generally a pretty reliable set shot. That fills a need at Geelong as far as I'm concerned and makes life easier for Cameron, Hawkins and hopefully Close and Stengle.

I'm not saying that WHE isn't a better player, I just don't really see what he'd offer to Geelong that would be more valuable than what Rohan has.

Tom Mcdonald. Seems like he's too fat and slow, then gets told he needs to improve his fitness and drop weight, which he does and gets super fit only to put it on again and look slow again.

Gary Rohan gets hatred on here but can someone explain what value Will Hoskin Elliott offers to the Pies.

At least I’ve seen take contested marks

WHE suffers a bit from the early hype with GWS and coming across to the Pies. He isn't what many thought he would be as a player but he is a solid AFL standard player.

Esava Ratugolea. He actually can't play football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well the search for a ruck continues then....
I realise it's not the Geelong way, but could never understand why the Cats didn't look at Lynch. Obviously being only 23 yrs of age was an issue, but he has alot of potential to be a good AFL ruckman. i'm sure you're going to see him at the Hawks soon enough.

I realise it's not the Geelong way, but could never understand why the Cats didn't look at Lynch. Obviously being only 23 yrs of age was an issue, but he has alot of potential to be a good AFL ruckman. i'm sure you're going to see him at the Hawks soon enough.
As if one of the Scott brothers would recruit a 23yo...

The Gutheries
Gary Rohan
HIGGINS!!!
Stanley
Ratugolea

Sam Reid I was shocked to see playing last night.

I haven't been able to understand what we are doing with rucks for years.

Is there anybody who can actually believe they saw Sam Reid run out in Swans gear last night? It feels like he's been injured for 5 years but has played a surprising amount of games in that time.

Port have Sam Skinner, Sam Mayes and Trent Dumont.... why?

Joel Hamling is good enough to be on a list but played 0 games in 2020, 1 in 2021 and has played 1 this year so I'm sure it's a surprise to a lot of people outside WA seeing his name pop up on the ins list.

Steven Motlop I legit thought he had retired or got delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back